Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My perfect Mavic Mini 3
12Next >
23391 79 2020-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Yes, only recently released Mavic 2, and although it eliminated many of the shortcomings of the Mavic Mini, but many of the shortcomings remained. I want to present my opinion on Mavic 3 from the point of view of a realist!

1. I still want a camera like in DJI Pocket 2 with similar features.
2. Uniquely Active Track.
3. Front sensors.
And now the most important thing I don't like about the Mini 2....
4. A remote control like in the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro 2, with a screen rather (A screen that displays technical information about flight parameters as in Mavic Pro) than multiple LEDs, with unscrewable sticks and a phone and tablet installation system, possibly slightly modified like other manufacturers.
5. Switch the remote or Wi-FI of your smartphone, as in Mavic Pro.

You may not share my opinion, but the new remote is terrible, in addition to being huge for the very essence of the Mavic Mini, it is also not convenient for attaching display devices larger than a smartphone, and in my personal opinion, over time, there will be problems with loosening the pull-out tubes or breaking them!
And yes, i'm sorry, but the gain of the old dipoles was much higher than the new ones, and if they were made on SMA connectors, it would be perfect!

And I forgot to add, open and see the interface of DJI Go 4 and DJI Fly and answer your own question, which one you like best!
maxresdefault.jpg 32475714.jpg
PS I apologize for my English

2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_F8NERRlBIjoJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Absolute nonsense the comments above re: the new controller. The new Mini 2 controller is fantastic to use, coming from the Mini 1 controller set-up which wasn't great. I think you should take a deep breath, relax, and instead of worrying about such minor imperfections get out there and enjoy this amazing piece of technology. Am absolutely loving everything about my Mini 2 so far, and fingers crossed, it continues performing wonderfully well as it is an absolute joy to fly.
2020-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for these suggestions,  but please make the controller wider and deeper for the new iPhones to fit better.
2020-11-28
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

djiuser_F8NERRlBIjoJ Posted at 11-28 01:15
Absolute nonsense the comments above re: the new controller. The new Mini 2 controller is fantastic to use, coming from the Mini 1 controller set-up which wasn't great. I think you should take a deep breath, relax, and instead of worrying about such minor imperfections get out there and enjoy this amazing piece of technology. Am absolutely loving everything about my Mini 2 so far, and fingers crossed, it continues performing wonderfully well as it is an absolute joy to fly.

My Mavic Pro flies even better, even now!

And you probably read the wrong idea, but it is that the new antennas are much worse than the old ones and they are rigidly directed! And the most drawback of the new remote, not even that it is large, almost 2 times larger, but in the smartphone mounting system consisting of not two retractable rods, but two tubes in which the coaxial wire passes to the antennas and this mechanism is not very reliable!
2020-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is always room for improvement for sure. As long as they can keep the weight below 250g!
2020-11-28
Use props
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

Perfect Mini 3:

1)  Little rubber bumps on the body that hold the propellers in place for travel.

2)  2.7K or higher at 60fps

3) Waypoints (programmed flight path)
2020-11-28
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

4) doesn't make much sense as you would have to buy the new display hardware with every drone. Now you can just use the same phone or tablet or SC (when available) and pay just the once.
2020-11-28
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

GaryDoug Posted at 11-28 15:52
4) doesn't make much sense as you would have to buy the new display hardware with every drone. Now you can just use the same phone or tablet or SC (when available) and pay just the once.

I made a clarifying description about the display, I do not mean as a smartphone display, but as a built-in display that stands on the Mavic Pro remote
2020-11-28
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alevpi Posted at 11-28 18:40
I made a clarifying description about the display, I do not mean as a smartphone display, but as a built-in display that stands on the Mavic Pro remote

That is what I thought you meant. But then why buy the same hardware every time? Use of an SC or phone means you only need one of those for the display.
2020-11-28
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

I consider the display built into the remote control as a smartphone to be a disadvantage, someone has enough 6 inches, and someone prefers 12.
Therefore, the built-in screen, not a black and white screen for displaying service information, I consider the disadvantage of the remote control to increase the size and weight and not give the necessary freedom of choice.
2020-11-28
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

Arpettaz Posted at 11-29 00:57
There is no pleasing some people!! If you want active tracking and sensors I suggest you sell your Mini 2 and buy a Mavic Air instead. I cannot understand why people think they can have sensors on a sub-250 gram drone.

In a year's time, we can talk about tracking and sensors again...

Specifically, I would buy Air 2 if it was less than 500 grams....
2020-11-29
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI, please skip the Mini 3 and give us a Mini 4 with everything Alevpi wants for the Mini 3, plus 20km Occusync 3.0, 40 minute flight time, at less than 249g, and the same price if not less!!!!
2020-11-29
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

Monkey007 Posted at 11-29 04:24
DJI, please skip the Mini 3 and give us a Mini 4 with everything Alevpi wants for the Mini 3, plus 20km Occusync 3.0, 40 minute flight time, at less than 249g, and the same price if not less!!!!

Every joke has its share of jokes....
And the Mini 4 will be in due time...
2020-11-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nah, keep the new RC - it's a big improvement
2020-11-30
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

I once had a break in communication with the drone on the Mavic Pro, the image just disappeared and all the information was simply not displayed in the app, somewhere over 5 kilometers away, the new "wonderful" remote offers me only to look at the flashing LEDs, the old Mavic Pro remote offered more flight information...
2020-11-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 11-30 05:20
I once had a break in communication with the drone on the Mavic Pro, the image just disappeared and all the information was simply not displayed in the app, somewhere over 5 kilometers away, the new "wonderful" remote offers me only to look at the flashing LEDs, the old Mavic Pro remote offered more flight information...

Still comes back to the home point...
2020-11-30
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

A J Posted at 11-30 06:48
Still comes back to the home point...

But from this distance, a controlled return home is much more pleasant....
2020-11-30
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Really?
They just tossed out the Mini 2, and we're already clamoring for the Mini 3?
Sheeesh.....
2020-11-30
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

Alevpi Posted at 11-30 07:26

Of course, developers should have been working on Mini 3 for several months!
2020-11-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 11-30 07:26

The bleeps are a good enough indication. The design of the new RC is much more pleasant to hold and being able to place my iPhone 12 Pro Max in its case in the RC device holder without any problems is even more pleasant...
2020-12-1
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

A J Posted at 12-1 00:34
The bleeps are a good enough indication. The design of the new RC is much more pleasant to hold and being able to place my iPhone 12 Pro Max in its case in the RC device holder without any problems is even more pleasant...

But my Ipad Mini 5 does not fit into the new remote control, but it fit perfectly into the old one, without additional devices!
2020-12-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 12-1 01:04
But my Ipad Mini 5 does not fit into the new remote control, but it fit perfectly into the old one, without additional devices!

I don’t use iPads - just apples largest iphone. Having owned almost every Mavic to date - the MA2 / Mini 2 RC is easily the best RC that I have used - period!
2020-12-1
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Netherlands

The fundamental difference is that with one remote control, someone was a little uncomfortable, and in another remote control, someone is now not possible!
2020-12-1
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI.jpg

What will Elon Musk say to this?
2020-12-1
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Netherlands

A J Posted at 12-1 00:34

These are the requirements for a job seeker in Russia (pictured) and the cost of the iPhone 12 Pro Max....
I translated it for you specifically.

System administrator with repair functionality

To work full-time (up to 25,000 rubles), you must. skills system administrator preferably skills in internal cosmetic. repair (the home level , but with beautiful results).

In the profile system.administrator we are looking for a versatile employee with experience or technically able to master the essential areas of sparse work on a rolling problem or a new periodic task: installation of video surveillance equipment, PC and peripherals, networking , social media management, setting up advertisements, Ticker, website development, mobile applications, control, ease of use and speed of Internet connections. support for 1C, cash register, improving the operation of various sections of the hotel, cable systems, etc.

Why such tasks? There is no volume of work in a narrow direction, but there are a lot of small things + repair of premises, furniture, breakdowns, etc. we are Ready to pay to those who are interested in it. We pay as much as it is written or with an additional bonus. Humor - for

Да Юра, мы все просрали!

And we're not even worthy of drones...

2020-12-1
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

GaryDoug Posted at 11-28 15:52
4) doesn't make much sense as you would have to buy the new display hardware with every drone. Now you can just use the same phone or tablet or SC (when available) and pay just the once.

What you are saying GaryDoug, makes perfect sense to me!
2020-12-1
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Now that you mention, the app needs some improvement.
2020-12-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 12-1 03:42
[view_image]

These are the requirements for a job seeker in Russia (pictured) and the cost of the iPhone 12 Pro Max....

As I said - the RC on the Mini 2 is much better than the previous version.
2020-12-1
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

A J Posted at 12-1 08:02
As I said - the RC on the Mini 2 is much better than the previous version.

This is purely your personal opinion, and this does not mean that it is correct. You can put at least 100500 points, this does not change the fact that many people do not like the remote control because of the reduced functionality compared to the existing ones, as well as its size!
2020-12-1
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I agree with AJ that the new RC is a better design, but I also agree with Alevpi that the extra display on the old Mavic RC is useful when the GO4 app crashes. We're most likely to have the new type RC for the Mavic3, with the 5D button and the aperture/shutter knob. Let's hope DJI also adds the basic telemetry display to it. And by the way Alevpi, the Mavic Air1 and Mini1 never had the dispaly on their remotes, so it's not fair to blame the new type RC for not having it, it is the level of the drone it is supplied to.
2020-12-1
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I want the next drone fully unlocked!, no hidden parameters, no limits, no NFZ(only warnings) , no CE/FCC , 360 degree avoiding sensors, ADS-B.
Let the owners take there responsibility how to fly, not DJI
2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 12-1 22:03
This is purely your personal opinion, and this does not mean that it is correct. You can put at least 100500 points, this does not change the fact that many people do not like the remote control because of the reduced functionality compared to the existing ones, as well as its size!

Of course it is purely my personal opinion - I am not speaking on behalf of anyone else anymore than you are. We are all entitled to express our personal opinions and for the record you just need to look through all of the YT vids from major drone users and the general consensus is that they also share my belief...

Having over 200,000 points and 13.7 million feet in flight distance has nothing to do with it - flying drones with both remotes and thus being able to base an opinion on my first person experience very much is... It fits in a tiny bag and one remote can be used to fly both the Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2 which takes up less space than two older remotes - it is also smaller than the smart controller. You should never base how effective a remote is purely on its size...
2020-12-2
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

I do not see the point in making remotes that are not compatible with each other from the Mavic Pro to the Mavic Air 2 and Mini 2!
Moreover, DJI does not sell remote controls or drones separately.
2020-12-2
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Austria

Also in my opinion the best remote is the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro ones.
It is small, it allows to direct the antennas, and it offers a very useful display that, in case of app crash, can save your day.
2020-12-2
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

Well, some people do not understand why they made a remote control the size and weight of a brick for a small drone!

2020-12-5
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

The layout of the new remote is terrible, and the huge weight is solely due to the not convenient smartphone holder!

2020-12-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

I'll happily take DJI's new video game style occusync controller, it's about the size of the mini 1's and still has the new tech, the only downside is no way to use your phone with it as it's meant to be paired with a set of FPV goggles for your display.  

Personally I hate that any / all of there radios that are using proprietary batteries, It's a standard 18650, please use battery tabs and let me exchange the battery at my leisure. I don't want to spend 60 bucks on a new radio when only my battery is dead, I don't need to pay for DJI support to change a damn battery.

The fact that you can't in the radios is sickening because it follows the same consumer electronic policy that smartphones have, Oh your battery is dead in a year Time to buy the Mini 2..... No, I don't want to add more electronic pollution to the world, I just want a new battery so I can keep flying... oh wait... they don't want you to keep flying because then you won't spend money on them again..... Gotcha.

In all seriousness though, why not in the mini's case use the batteries for the radio. It would be like any camera accessory that uses the camera's battery as the power source, they know you have multiple batteries so why not get a second use by using them to power lights, flashes, monitors, etc. Imagine being able to take a mini battery pack and Rack it onto the back of the controller and that's your power, oh dead remote? Just rack a new battery on to it and chuck the old on onto the charging hub, give more use to the fly more combo.
2020-12-5
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Not that it matters but I really like the new controller, size, feel, weight, phone location.
I dislike the spark style controller in so many ways.
I flew my wife’s MM2 and was sold instantly, so much so it’s pushing me to buy the MM2 (just because of the remote, if it had the folding winged version I would not even consider).
2020-12-5
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

CabinPete Posted at 12-5 03:41
Not that it matters but I really like the new controller, size, feel, weight, phone location.
I dislike the spark style controller in so many ways.
I flew my wife’s MM2 and was sold instantly, so much so it’s pushing me to buy the MM2 (just because of the remote, if it had the folding winged version I would not even consider).

So fly further on the Phantom, it has a large remote, since you choose the drone solely because of the remote!
2020-12-5
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Alevpi Posted at 12-5 06:45
So fly further on the Phantom, it has a large remote, since you choose the drone solely because of the remote!

......or, fly the MA2 and buy the MM2. Not solely but the remote does matter to me.
Fly further with a P3, I don’t think so, I also dislike the cheap controller with the P3.
2020-12-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules