9371 25 2020-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got my Mini 2 about a fortnight ago and have been unable to fly it until Thursday due to rain. It was all set up with firmware updated and good to go, I thought. Took it a bit away from my home and it would not take off due to imu errors. Took it home and calibrated the imu. Went out again and got one short flight. Took it out on Friday to the same place and got imu errors again. Took it home and calibrated the imu again. Powered it up at my back door and all seemed fine with no errors. I did not fly it. Took it to my flying field this morning and it would not take off with a 'power system hardware error'. Took it home again and got the same message. I created a case to return it, but seemed to be forced into using my care refresh which cost me £45. I hope DJI refunds this as the Mini 2 seems faulty from the outset. Still awaiting my returns labels. One of these things.
2020-11-28
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps someone at DJI can check my case CAS-5552782-J0Z0M7. I probably did something wrong in the returns process, but it seemed to loop back to care refresh all the time. I presume I will receive an email with a returns label?
2020-11-28
Use props
djiuser_2HOOsAM8bHVo
New

Poland

Have Mini 2 today. Can't sync application with drone.
When turning dron on it flight fast yellow light - it's not paierd out of the box.
Pressing power button for 4 seconds on drone doesn't enter pairing mode in drone.
It looks like firmware is broken out of the box and needs update via SD card or USB.
Please advise. Support is off till Monday.
2020-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mullheliflier Posted at 11-28 10:05
Perhaps someone at DJI can check my case CAS-5552782-J0Z0M7. I probably did something wrong in the returns process, but it seemed to loop back to care refresh all the time. I presume I will receive an email with a returns label?

Hi Mullheliflier, I have sent you a PM, please check it, thanks.
2020-11-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2HOOsAM8bHVo Posted at 11-28 11:59
When turning dron on it flight fast yellow light - it's not paierd out of the box.
Pressing power button for 4 seconds on drone doesn't enter pairing mode in drone.

It would be best if you start a new topic/thread instead of using an existing one.
2020-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_2HOOsAM8bHVo Posted at 11-28 11:59
When turning dron on it flight fast yellow light - it's not paierd out of the box.
Pressing power button for 4 seconds on drone doesn't enter pairing mode in drone.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Please refer to the tutorial video below to try the linking again.
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/dji-mini-2-linking
2020-11-28
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

As far as I remember, the imu needs to be calibrated away from any metal objects and technical communications, the house is clearly not the best choice.
2020-11-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Alevpi Posted at 11-28 19:54
As far as I remember, the imu needs to be calibrated away from any metal objects and technical communications, the house is clearly not the best choice.

You are confusing the IMU with the compass.
The only requirement to recalibrate the IMU is a level surface and indoors will work just fine.

You are also confused thinking  that any metal objects might affect the compass.
It's just iron or steel that do
2020-11-28
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Labroides Posted at 11-28 21:59
You are confusing the IMU with the compass.
The only requirement to recalibrate the IMU is a level surface and indoors will work just fine.

sensors-16-00537-g001.png

Do you still think that magnetic fields don't affect the gyroscope?
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_2HOOsAM8bHVo
New

Poland

GaryDoug Posted at 11-28 19:42
It would be best if you start a new topic/thread instead of using an existing one.

Don't have permissions to start new thread
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_2HOOsAM8bHVo
New

Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-28 19:45
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Please refer to the tutorial video below to try the linking again.
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/dji-mini-2-linking

Can't sync. Dron firmware is bad out of the box.
Can't even power off DJI mini 2. When press button once (blink) and than second time (LED dots turning off to left side) than it holds at first dot and doesn't turn itself off.

Similar with syncing dron after power it on. Pressing power button for 4 seconds makes all dots blink 4 times and doesn't bip. Doesn't enter syncing mode. Pad/app doesn't see drone. Can't sync.

Will try to upgrade firmware from Asisstance 2 Mavic. If doesn't help than then will return to sell point.

BTW: Would be great to have option to upgrade firmware from SD card for persons in my postion who doesn't have Windows/Mac.
2020-11-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2HOOsAM8bHVo Posted at 11-29 00:17
Don't have permissions to start new thread

You should have enough now.
2020-11-29
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-28 19:40
Hi Mullheliflier, I have sent you a PM, please check it, thanks.

Thanks Natalia
2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_2HOOsAM8bHVo
New

Poland

GaryDoug Posted at 11-29 13:11
You should have enough now.

Cheers Gary.
Left DJI mini 2 today in the shop, they will deal with DJI support now
and replace broken with new one.
2020-11-30
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

Same here. Took it out of the box. All went ok.

One week later I went out "IMU errors". Come back home, calibrate IMU and go out: all ok.

Yesterday I have done a flight, after landing: "IMU Errors, calibrate".

Ok go home, calibrate.

Go out: all ok, after landing "IMU Errors".

Give it back to Amazon. I will buy one maybe in six month now.
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_2HOOsAM8bHVo Posted at 11-29 00:23
Can't sync. Dron firmware is bad out of the box.
Can't even power off DJI mini 2. When press button once (blink) and than second time (LED dots turning off to left side) than it holds at first dot and doesn't turn itself off.

Sorry for the late response. If still no good luck, you may contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to assist. Thanks.
2020-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You're most welcome. Should there any further concerns, please feel free to let me know.
2020-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CC8877 Posted at 11-30 07:39
Same here. Took it out of the box. All went ok.

One week later I went out "IMU errors". Come back home, calibrate IMU and go out: all ok.

Hi CC8877, I'm so sorry to hear about the issue with your drone, hope it will be solved smoothly via Amazon, should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know. I'll do my best to assist. Thanks.
2020-12-1
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-1 23:38
Hi CC8877, I'm so sorry to hear about the issue with your drone, hope it will be solved smoothly via Amazon, should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know. I'll do my best to assist. Thanks.

Thank you very much I have it sorted out by Amazon. Will see how it goes.
2020-12-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CC8877 Posted at 12-2 01:26
Thank you very much I have it sorted out by Amazon. Will see how it goes.

Got it. You're most welcome. Hope everything goes smoothly.
2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_xsoQcd0W91ta
lvl.1

Finland

I'm experiencing this now, what was your resolution? Replacement?
2021-8-7
Use props
Ollie Helsinki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101178 ft
Finland

I'm also experiencing this issue. I have started a new thread, but I would like to know if anyone found a suitable fix to prevent a return to vendor?
2021-8-7
Use props
djiuser_E8VsuHQ7ZZUP
lvl.1

United States

Was flying my DJI mini 2 and hit the RTH button then a motor error Occurred fly with caution got the drone 4ft away  home point 97ft high and Next thing I know it i here a noise out of the motor and it drifts 20-30 ft towards my brand new 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz and crashes into the top of it DJI just cost me more than its worth to fly their junk drones this is the second one that I’ve had malfunction issues my first on decided to not pause and Continued flying right into a tree  even after hitting return to home witch was The complete opposite direction of the tree this seem to Always happen after software updates didn’t have DJI refresh on that  one 19hrs and total lose  so bought a second one drone DJI refresh care only to have motor error and mess up my brand new car…
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_C79pqY2EFu2i
New

Ghana

My (DJI MINI2) it was working very well  but now l left it like two months then this days l came to on it but it no work and when l put it in charger it on, and the power button no work  .
Plz l want  know any solution for this problem.
2022-6-18
Use props
djiuser_C79pqY2EFu2i
New

Ghana

My (DJI MINI2) it was working very well  but now l left it like two months then this days l came to on it but it no work and when l put it in charger it on, and the power button no work  .
Plz l want  know any solution for this problem.
2022-6-18
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Battery failure?  Was battery left fully charged and swollen or has it simply entered hibernation mode due to too lo a charge?  Others will advise on how to recover if possible.
2022-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules