Mavic Pro Batteries Do Not Turn On
2544 6 2020-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leptok12
New

Portugal

Hi, I have received today a Mavic Pro Alpine White Combo and none of the three batteries seems to turn on out of the box.
When I press the power button the LEDs from the battery indicators do not turn on. I have attempted to charge as specified in the instructions but only the remote control charged, whilst the LEDs from the battery continue to not turn on. The battery level of the remote was at 20% when it started charging and went to full capacity.

I checked the instructions but could not find any way of dealing with this issue. Could all three batteries be defective?

Please let me know if there is any solution to this problem.

2020-11-28
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

Donning my Sherlock Holmes hat, my guess is that the previous owner of the Mavic Pro that you recently bought used, may have stored the drone for several months, or maybe even several years, without any use , or battery charge cycles.   I experienced something similar when I bought a Phantom 3 Standard brand new, way back in 2016, but only got around to using it in 2020, by which time BOTH brand new batteries would not power up, and no longer showed any sign of life when the battery button was pressed.

I had buried both of those dead batteries with full military honors and ordered new non-OEM batteries,  before I learnt in a discussion forum that it is in fact possible to "revive" a clinically dead drone battery.  Given the enormous explosive potential of these lipo batteries though, I would still opt to dispose of a dead battery, than try my hand at any surgical procedure that carries the risk of blowing up in my face.
2020-11-28
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Muttley7 Posted at 11-28 20:27
Donning my Sherlock Holmes hat, my guess is that the previous owner of the Mavic Pro that you recently bought used, may have stored the drone for several months, or maybe even several years, without any use , or battery charge cycles.   I experienced something similar when I bought a Phantom 3 Standard brand new, way back in 2016, but only got around to using it in 2020, by which time BOTH brand new batteries would not power up, and no longer showed any sign of life when the battery button was pressed.

I had buried both of those dead batteries with full military honors and ordered new non-OEM batteries,  before I learnt in a discussion forum that it is in fact possible to "revive" a clinically dead drone battery.  Given the enormous explosive potential of these lipo batteries though, I would still opt to dispose of a dead battery, than try my hand at any surgical procedure that carries the risk of blowing up in my face.

Absolutely correct. DJI batteries need to be checked and charged every 3 months once activated.
2020-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there leptok12. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the batteries of your DJI Mavic Pro. Battery lifespan and condition of the battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. In addition, battery swelling is basically caused by to much heat, vast changes in temperature and/or moisture getting into the battery itself. For reference I will post a link where in you can see the DJI Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Again, I am sorry and thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf
2020-11-29
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

gonna be a bugger to find white batteries, they didnt make many of them as spares.
2020-11-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

There is an important reason why batteries that have been left discharged can't be or shouldn't be revived for drones. The chemical process when the voltage drops below a certain level permanently plates one of the electrodes with lithium and the power will suddenly drop in flight, assuming you trick the electronics into charging. If it were to happen with a laptop or phone, they won't fall out of the sky.
It is the charging process that has the potential to cause the batteries to swell with combustible gas, or during heavy discharge when hot inside. The swelling allows the restrained layers to separate causing local overheating or sudden power loss.
Never use a suspect battery in a drone.
2021-1-13
Use props
Keita Andrews
New

United States

Never flew my drone from the first day batteries would not light up. Called company and no help. Put it on the shelf and now want to explore again. So after paying over 2000 dollars for something that never worked I have to spend more money. Please help before I have to involve channel 2 ATL
2-23 22:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules