Mavic Mini 2 direct download performance issue
2143 6 2020-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JackyChan
lvl.1

United States

I was able to pair my mini 2 with my iPhone SE2 and start direct download of videos (without using the RC) to the iphone. However, the download speed is only up to 5MB/s and fluctuates a lot (all the way down to 2 MB/s). If I use RC to download, I get consistent 5MB/s or so. And it is not the SD card performance issue as well - the SD card is Samsung Pro which has rated read speed up to around 80-90MB/s.

Anyone knows why the direct download speed is so slow? Other people reported something like 20MB/s which mine is not even close. Thanks!
2020-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
2020-12-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try posting in the Mavic section
2020-12-1
Use props
JackieChan
lvl.1

United States

I know the reason. It is due to wifi router’s signal interference. I have a wifi router that is roughly 10 feet away when this happened. I moved to another room where wifi signal is not as strong and got > 20MB/s speed,
2020-12-23
Use props
donhsi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150633 ft
  • >>>
United States

is ur download speed measured while motor is still running or full stop? my mini 1 download around 3mb/s when idle, but drop to 200kb/s once the propeller start. while mavic 2 maintain 5mb/s in both situation.
2021-1-31
Use props
JackieChan
lvl.1

United States

donhsi@qq.com8 Posted at 1-31 10:36
is ur download speed measured while motor is still running or full stop? my mini 1 download around 3mb/s when idle, but drop to 200kb/s once the propeller start. while mavic 2 maintain 5mb/s in both situation.

Motor was stopped. It is due to the wifi router interference as I mentioned above
2021-1-31
Use props
donhsi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150633 ft
  • >>>
United States

JackieChan Posted at 1-31 13:11
Motor was stopped. It is due to the wifi router interference as I mentioned above

got it. my problem is that i want to download video WHILE bird is still in the air, where the transmission drop to only 200kb/s with Mini 1; Mavic 2 maintain at 5MB/s even during flying.
2021-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules