Auto power-off timer
2323 6 2020-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

I just got a used Osmo Action and I have a question.
Since I want to use it in place of my (still excellent) Yi 4k in my car when in track, I wonder  if I can set off the auto power-off timer, as the Yi can.
Why I would need the camera not to shut down itself? Just not to loose the custom spot metering that, when in car, it is very important.

Is there any other way to achieve this, apart from setting the screen sleep to never? (poor solution, since it drains the battery)
Thanks
2020-11-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

plug to a power source. othewise the Yi wins on that.
2020-11-28
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Austria

No solutions then... I need the power source for the gps.
Another question: which is the best firmware for this action cam? currently mine has the latest.
Thanks
2020-11-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

OA has no GPS
2020-11-30
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Austria

I know.
I was just saying that I cannot use the power source to keep the OA on, because I need the only power source for the GPS (another device).
Any tips for the best firmware?
Thanks
2020-11-30
Use props
jeanjohnny
lvl.1
Italy

Fishycomics Posted at 2020-11-28 15:32
plug to a power source. othewise the Yi wins on that.

I  have the same request ... how to turn off the auto power off, unfortunately  after 5 minute it turns off even if plugged in a power source !!!!
2021-2-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI developers are the Team that can do this for us, they  have to be contacted by DJI Team here, to pass to them the request, and  the Team here can only say to us, please check the  firmware page. that is the Answer  we all get.

All they have to do is open the firmware up, put a check to Never and save it as the next firmware, if they are too lazy to do it, its because they are waiting for  more issues, Must cost them Big funds to do this
2021-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules