DJI Fly 360 deg panos...How to export?
8429 5 2020-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

I just got a MINI !! and it words well. I flew the drone inside a house and used the 360 degree pano mode to shoot a room in the  house for architectural purposes. In the DJI Fly app it allows me to click or touch the touch screen of the round photo and it than opens it so I can use my finger to pan all around the room in a 3D effect. With a touch screen I can pinch to enlarge to see more detail. That is really awesome BUT if I export the jpg to any other program the jpg will only open as a flat 360 degree pan. Is there an app or some way to view that photo in the interactive 3D. It works great on my cell phone in the DJI Fly app but need to be able to send to others.

This is a VERY useful feature as one could fly the drone in a large or small room and do a 360 pan of the intire room in interactive 3D. Real estate, architects, etc. would LOVE this abiity. If you carefully make a point of stepping away from the camera FOV as the drone automatically goes through its sequence, you avoid being in the photo also.
2020-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can share the 360 file via 360 viewers!
2020-12-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats on the new drone
2020-12-1
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

Currently the metadata from the files (of dji mini 2) about its projection type is wrong, so no application other than the fly app knows the photo is 360.
You can use the exif tool as suggested here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229874
The command line works for mac, tested.

Another option is to open the panorama in Photoshop, then go to 3D -> import layer as panorama, and then re-export it (without any modificaitons). When exported it will have the correct metadata, so you can share it. Then it shows correctly on all pano viewers, including social media sites.
2020-12-6
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

Found VR Media Player for Android in Play Store that seems to work fine. Will do some more research to see if it can send a correctly embedded file to others.
2021-1-6
Use props
DarrenTaylor82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163901 ft
Canada

For FB posting your 360's.

Export your 360 to photoshop mobile (PSX), make your changes (sharpness, cleanup, saturation etc) then save to the gallery.
You will need to find an exif editor (for Android I am using Photo EXIF Editor) and set the make and model to supported hardware (I am using Ricoh, Ricoh theta s).
Upload to FB....

I was getting tired of posting skypixel links.
2021-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules