Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OM4 Active Track Wobbly
517 15 2020-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gsphotography
lvl.2

United States

I'm using the OM4 with a note 9. The active track wobbles back and forth and up and down even when set on a stationary object. This happens when using the rear camera, but does not happen when using the front camera. Anyone know what the problem could be?
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_2l9Gd4UlQIyF
lvl.1
Germany

I have a brand new OM 4 used with a Huawei P20 and EMUI 10. I have exactly the same problem. When starting active track camera/gimbal starts uncontrolled moving in all directions. So, this seems to be an issue being new and not only concerning me. Support would be great !
2020-11-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi, gsphotography. Sorry to read about your experience. Could you let us know what's the firmware version of your DJI OM4 and the current version of the DJI Mimo? If possible, we would appreciate posting a sample video of the issue to have it further checked. In the meantime, you may try to either perform an auto-gimbal calibration and/or uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo (please save important files before doing so to avoid losing them) to see if that helps, should you have not tried these options.  
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_2l9Gd4UlQIyF
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-29 23:59
Hi, gsphotography. Sorry to read about your experience. Could you let us know what's the firmware version of your DJI OM4 and the current version of the DJI Mimo? If possible, we would appreciate posting a sample video of the issue to have it further checked. In the meantime, you may try to either perform an auto-gimbal calibration and/or uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo (please save important files before doing so to avoid losing them) to see if that helps, should you have not tried these options.

Hi, where can I find the firmware version and the app version in the software? I dont see a "setting" button or such link anywhere?
( Same, as I dont find an X or something to shutdown/close) the app. Not this topic, but would be great, tellng me who do close app).
Firmware and app were updated in the registration process last week, so I think it should be latest version.
If not; there is no "Find update" in the software, where to check this.
Also not this issue, but, ab least for me, something that could be improved in the app.
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

djiuser_2l9Gd4UlQIyF Posted at 11-30 00:34
Hi, where can I find the firmware version and the app version in the software? I dont see a "setting" button or such link anywhere?
( Same, as I dont find an X or something to shutdown/close) the app. Not this topic, but would be great, tellng me who do close app).
Firmware and app were updated in the registration process last week, so I think it should be latest version.

You can check the Firmware Version by checking the General Settings once you've entered the Camera of the DJI Mimo.
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

djiuser_2l9Gd4UlQIyF Posted at 11-30 00:34

The version of the DJI Mimo can be found by accessing the Me Menu > Settings > About.
2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_2l9Gd4UlQIyF
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks for help. Finding the versions is really not self-explaining, but I did. I have same versions as on the screenshots, so, i presume that I have the actual ones.

Meanwhile I deinstalled and installed the app again, but with no posivite effect. When focussing a clear target, like a dark box on a table and moving the gimbal, the camera follows the object, but then, camera does not "stop" when moving is finished, but starts to swing right and left in a floating movement. Sometimes is stops after three or four times....sometimes it contnues as if tracking is not able to fix the object precisely.

I would be surprised, if only two people experience this. I can post a video tomorrow then, but would like to have an email adress to send to. Of course, would be great if the issue could be fixed without doing this. Let me know, if there is news on the topic.
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI-newby
lvl.1
United States

Hey, I have the same issue as the User above. It would be great to have an update from the DJI OM 4 support team, cause it's now impossible to use Active Track function. All my videos with this function fail, gimbal swings right/left and up/down even if I film a fixed object.
2020-12-3
Use props
djiuser_vZZc6EKHpj0Q
New

I bought OM4 2Days back and facing the same issue while using active tracking 3.0
In between the tracking - the OM4 starts behaving crazy.
Using it with Oneplus 7T... Firmware is latest...
2020-12-8
Use props
Roger1167
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem iPhone 11 Pro max.
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_pXg7mOFVa5Xr
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue. Brand new DJ Osmo 4 with an iPhone 12 pro max. Active track is unusable.
2020-12-17
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 908045 ft
Romania

Same problem, DJI....you made a crap at last Firmware...
The phone is bouncing left-right-left if i track myself and move left than right...is like is wrongly anticipating a movement in other direction and just change it's mind...
Like the ZOOM setting that is a PIECE OF JUNK, you made another piece of junk from Active track !

Phone: Huawei P30 Pro...your chinese brothers...so I don't see why you did not fix it...
CONGRATS !
Waaayyyy to go....
2020-12-18
Use props
djiuser_2l9Gd4UlQIyF
lvl.1
Germany

Now, multiple people have the same issue of "wobbling" active track. Friend of mine too who bought the item in December.

Why DJI does not answer here or do a fix on this?

An answer here to confirm the issue or say what will be done to fix and when should be minimum of good support!
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_vPTznHQsxmhD
New

United States

I just purchased an OM4 last night. Since I am a tech person the first thing I do is update the firmware. I downloaded and installed the latest version of the app from the play store and with my note 9, after calibrating and balancing, I still have the wobble during active track.

It sucks. It's only on rear facing camera, not front facing camera... And guess which one is the good one that I would want to use this for...?

I set it on the tripod and have a fully charged battery and phone, pick a face to track and it goes from sitting still to immediate wobbling as soon as active track engages. Of course the square is now moving all over with the wobble too so it's hard to hit the x to cancel it. I need this fixed. This is the reason I bought the gimbal.
2-3 06:40
Use props
MarcoCRO
lvl.1

Canada

Same here...
2-25 19:42
Use props
aronw95
New

United States

yes, this issue is mostly with new android phones. works fine with my iphone 11 though
2-26 04:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules