Codec problem trying to play video from Mavic 2 Pro
4531 12 2020-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

After my Mavic 2 zoom got stolen 2 month agoo I now got a new drone (this time a Mavic 2 Pro). I have setted up the smartcontroller and done some flight and testfilming. Photos are ok. But videos generates codec error whatever player I try to use. On time I got a film to play... but only once and that film doesn't work anymore
Anyone hade the same experience?
2020-11-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What operating system do you use? On a Windows machine, running Windows 10, you could download and try the free VLC Mediaplayer, that handles pretty much every movie type. You can also get a version of it for Apple machines.

2020-11-29
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

Hi Geebax, tnx for your reply. I'm on Windows 10 latest update... When I did videos with the MAvic 2 zoom I had never problem with codecs. Now I tried both .mp4 and .mov format but doesn't work. What am I missing? This two formats should be standard in Windows what I learned.
When I go back to videos I did with the M2zoom they works as before...  And also my video editing software from ACDSee handles all format that I need it to... but not now with the videos from M2Pro.
Is there a different between the two mavics?
2020-11-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Ecuaman Posted at 11-29 15:56
Hi Geebax, tnx for your reply. I'm on Windows 10 latest update... When I did videos with the MAvic 2 zoom I had never problem with codecs. Now I tried both .mp4 and .mov format but doesn't work. What am I missing? This two formats should be standard in Windows what I learned.
When I go back to videos I did with the M2zoom they works as before...  And also my video editing software from ACDSee handles all format that I need it to... but not now with the videos from M2Pro.
Is there a different between the two mavics?

It could be your computer is having trouble with the H265 coded material. There is probably a way to switch to H264 coding, but I am not sure how this is done. According to the specs, both cameras are the same.

2020-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

H265 on Windows needs an extra codec to decode and you'll need a very new CPU too,   Id start with H264 to start with.
2020-11-30
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

DAFlys Posted at 11-30 01:19
H265 on Windows needs an extra codec to decode and you'll need a very new CPU too,   Id start with H264 to start with.

Hi DAFlys... just did that. Confirms what you wrote
The guy I bought it from must have had that setting. Great... now doing film again.
Tnx to both Geebax and DAFlys for helping out.
2020-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ecuaman Posted at 11-30 05:04
Hi DAFlys... just did that. Confirms what you wrote
The guy I bought it from must have had that setting. Great... now doing film again.
Tnx to both Geebax and DAFlys for helping out.

Pleased youre all sorted.   H265/Dlog is great but adds a lot of more work to deal with and usually its best to create proxies before you edit, depending if your software supports it.
2020-11-30
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

DAFlys Posted at 11-30 05:34
Pleased youre all sorted.   H265/Dlog is great but adds a lot of more work to deal with and usually its best to create proxies before you edit, depending if your software supports it.

Didn't even know there were this option before having this problem   Now when I know I will check up what benefits it gives. But for now I'm doing good with H264
Tnx again
2020-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ecuaman Posted at 11-30 05:40
Didn't even know there were this option before having this problem   Now when I know I will check up what benefits it gives. But for now I'm doing good with H264
Tnx again

H265 captures more data,  Dlog is a flat profile thats good for getting higher dynamic range when you colour grade.   H265 is normally required for more than 30fps too.
2020-11-30
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

DAFlys Posted at 11-30 05:43
H265 captures more data,  Dlog is a flat profile thats good for getting higher dynamic range when you colour grade.   H265 is normally required for more than 30fps too.

Think I have so much more things to get better on before dribbling with this. But it's good to know there's more options.
2020-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ecuaman Posted at 11-30 06:18
Think I have so much more things to get better on before dribbling with this. But it's good to know there's more options.

Hopefully you'll post some of your work when youre ready.
2020-11-30
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

DAFlys Posted at 11-30 06:45
Hopefully you'll post some of your work when youre ready.

I sure will
2020-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now