Mavic Air 2 aircraft only
8903 22 2020-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1beb37e5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 794856 ft
United States

Well, I did a stupid thing and crashed my MA2 into the Schuylkill River.  Gone, forever.  Does DJI just sell the aircraft and a battery since the remote and the other 2 batteries are safe?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Kenny

2020-11-29
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hi, I'm sorry for the loss of your MA2, can I know how did you lose it? this could help the new MA2 pilots. I don't think dji sells the ma2 alone without remote control, but you can still buy the basic drone and sell your RC to get a few dollars, on some second-hand sites I've seen that sell for $200
2020-11-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not seen any Air 2 for less than $575 by itself on eBay.

You should have known better than to fly over a river with the word "kill" in it ;-)

2020-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Kenny. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. In addition, I am sorry to say that as of the moment DJI do not sell a DJI Mavic Air 2 aircraft only package on our DJI Official Online store. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sell the remote etc on eBay and get a complete kit.  Someone on the forum was in the same boat and got a good deal selling the parts.
2020-11-30
Use props
fans6830ea5f
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-30 01:20
Sell the remote etc on eBay and get a complete kit.  Someone on the forum was in the same boat and got a good deal selling the parts.

I was having fun zipping up and down the river in Sport's mode flying 3 feet above the water.  Instead of looking at my drone view I looked across the water and must have gotten too close to the other bank, hit a small branch and went face first underwater.  This was the "last run" too.  I never learn.....
2020-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6830ea5f Posted at 11-30 07:00
I was having fun zipping up and down the river in Sport's mode flying 3 feet above the water.  Instead of looking at my drone view I looked across the water and must have gotten too close to the other bank, hit a small branch and went face first underwater.  This was the "last run" too.  I never learn.....

Ouch,  sorry for your loss.
2020-11-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I crashed and wrote off mine. Ended up buying the base kit version with a discount then sold the older RC on Ebay. You can't buy just the drone  
2020-12-1
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have heard in the past that DJI support has the ability to sell just the drone.  You would need to contact them.  Hopefully they still do have way to replace it without buying the whole kit.  The price break for buying just the drone from what I read was not significant and it takes quite a while to get your new drone.
2020-12-1
Use props
djiuser_0MPGvOGTvHMV
lvl.2
United States

Not an answer to your question, but insurance for the future:  You can get a pair of foam "pontoons" for your drone, and even if you do a kamakazi dive into the water, at least the dead drone will float for return to DJI.
2020-12-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 12-1 02:03
I crashed and wrote off mine. Ended up buying the base kit version with a discount then sold the older RC on Ebay. You can't buy just the drone

"You can't buy just the drone"

I think what you meant is that you can't buy one from DJI. But you can buy a new MA2 by itself from many dealers, including some on eBay.
2020-12-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 12-1 20:14
"You can't buy just the drone"

I think what you meant is that you can't buy one from DJI. But you can buy a new MA2 by itself from many dealers, including some on eBay.

You can get them second hand on Ebay and some dealers may sell them as a special arrangement with the customer but DJI do not offer official packages that sell just the drone (like they did with the original Mavic Pro back in 2016)
2020-12-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 12-2 02:06
You can get them second hand on Ebay and some dealers may sell them as a special arrangement with the customer but DJI do not offer official packages that sell just the drone (like they did with the original Mavic Pro back in 2016)

I know what you typed. You did not specify that you were referring to DJI only, so the OP would have been misinformed.
2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 12-2 07:00
I know what you typed. You did not specify that you were referring to DJI only, so the OP would have been misinformed.

Of course I'm referring to DJI - WHEN WRITING ON A DJI FORUM LMFAO What do you expect me to do - list every single dealer that may or may not break up a DJI package?! Not everyone needs the obvious pointed out...
2020-12-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 12-2 10:05
Of course I'm referring to DJI - WHEN WRITING ON A DJI FORUM LMFAO What do you expect me to do - list every single dealer that may or may not break up a DJI package?! Not everyone needs the obvious pointed out...

LOL. I am betting that most DJI drones are not bought from DJI direct, but through a dealer. I know that of the 5 that I own, only 2 came directly from DJI. There is no good reason to buy direct from DJI (or restrict your purchases) unless you can't buy one elsewhere yet. The shipping is almost always faster from a local dealer and sometimes there is a price break or a bonus item included. You don't have to be aware of every dealer to know that.

2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 12-2 15:30
LOL. I am betting that most DJI drones are not bought from DJI direct, but through a dealer. I know that of the 5 that I own, only 2 came directly from DJI. There is no good reason to buy direct from DJI (or restrict your purchases) unless you can't buy one elsewhere yet. The shipping is almost always faster from a local dealer and sometimes there is a price break or a bonus item included. You don't have to be aware of every dealer to know that.

But the dealers acquire the drone packages from the manufacturer don’t they Gary i.e DJI - if the local dealer then wishes to open the sealed boxes shipped to them and sell just the drones (at a loss) then that is down to the dealer but is not how the drones are officially sold is it Gary! So nobody has been misinformed have they Gary. You can of course stop boring me and actually help the OP by listing the names of the dealers or do you only use the forum to create arguments?
2020-12-3
Use props
fans6830ea5f
lvl.1
United States

Guys, I have an update on my crash situation.  I called DJI to see if I could purchase just the aircraft (with propellers) and a battery.  I explained to the agent what happened.  She asked me to send the flight data from the app and the engineers would analyze the data.  Initially I declined as I was 90% sure it was operator error but then took her up on the offer.  I forgot about the replay feature in the flight data center of the app.  I discovered that I was exactly where I originally thought I had the aircraft, away from any tree branches.  The next day, I received this email from DJI.

<<The unfortunate incident that occurred to your aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to our data analysis.  If the aircraft cannot be recovered, we would like to offer you a replacement, Mavic Air 2 aircraft (without the remote controller and battery charger).  

This offer will include one battery, two pairs of propellers, and the aircraft body (includes gimbal camera). I have informed my colleagues to follow up on your case, and they will send you a quotation for Mavic Air 2 (without the remote controller and battery charger) with the 100% off discount.>>

I have a follow-up email asking them if they know what exactly happened.

What amazing support by DJI.  This is exactly why you should purchase directly from DJI either on their website or the DJI store on Amazon.  I did not even have to produce "a body" nor use my DJI care insurance.

This is the third experience I had with my various DJI drones and all 3 of them have been amazing!  I hope you folks do not have an unfortunate incident like I did but assured that DJI really has your back and they respect their customers.
2020-12-4
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_0MPGvOGTvHMV Posted at 12-1 15:18
Not an answer to your question, but insurance for the future:  You can get a pair of foam "pontoons" for your drone, and even if you do a kamakazi dive into the water, at least the dead drone will float for return to DJI.

Any links to the pontoons you're referring to? I've only seen these for the Mini/Mini 2 and curious if there's an option for the Air 2.

Thanks!
2020-12-5
Use props
fans6830ea5f
lvl.1
United States

RobZilla Posted at 12-5 11:31
Any links to the pontoons you're referring to? I've only seen these for the Mini/Mini 2 and curious if there's an option for the Air 2.

Thanks!

Many people in the FPV drone area tie and empty waterbottle to the aircraft when flying over water.  I thinks that's kinda silly and could actually cause an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Landing-Buoyancy-Floating-Training-Accessories/dp/B088MBD62S/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=pontoon+mavic+air+2&qid=1607448816&sr=8-5
2020-12-8
Use props
fansa67c0f47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427592 ft
France

A J Posted at 2020-12-1 02:03
I crashed and wrote off mine. Ended up buying the base kit version with a discount then sold the older RC on Ebay. You can't buy just the drone

Why would someone buy a single RC without the drone? My feeling is that you are more likely to loose your drone (#river) rather than smash your RC. Also, as RCs are finally compatible with multiple drones (Mini 2, Air 2, Air 2S, future drones?), it makes sense to buy a single drone. DJI should really make that available on their site
2021-4-27
Use props
flyingpreacher
New

Mexico

fans6830ea5f Posted at 2020-12-4 14:30
Guys, I have an update on my crash situation.  I called DJI to see if I could purchase just the aircraft (with propellers) and a battery.  I explained to the agent what happened.  She asked me to send the flight data from the app and the engineers would analyze the data.  Initially I declined as I was 90% sure it was operator error but then took her up on the offer.  I forgot about the replay feature in the flight data center of the app.  I discovered that I was exactly where I originally thought I had the aircraft, away from any tree branches.  The next day, I received this email from DJI.

It looks like I'm going to have to go this route as well. I was flying in clear air over the Caribbean and lost all flight control (tumbling, sea, sky, sea, sky, then nothing). I'm hopeful that this may be a solution for me as well.

I would have expected to dunk it in the Schuk or Susquehanna rather than the Caribbean, but here we are...
2022-5-14
Use props
fans6830ea5f
lvl.1
United States

flyingpreacher Posted at 5-14 04:03
It looks like I'm going to have to go this route as well. I was flying in clear air over the Caribbean and lost all flight control (tumbling, sea, sky, sea, sky, then nothing). I'm hopeful that this may be a solution for me as well.

I would have expected to dunk it in the Schuk or Susquehanna rather than the Caribbean, but here we are...

They have been excellent for me.  Just send them your log.
2022-5-15
Use props
Nadeem Haq
New

United States

My DJI mavic air 2 became kamikaze and crashed in the ocean without any direction from me. I recovered the drone with lots of deep dives but could not restart. Now what is my next step. I was thinking we might be able to dry it or is it possible for me to just get just aircraft since I have everything else.
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules