5676 46 2020-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-4 04:18
You don't seem to understand that things can reach a peak and then going beyond often does not make them any better only more complicated. People who sell stuff have to do this to con those that think bigger, Faster etc is better.

For example there is absolutely no point in a car that parks itself or about 80 % of the buttons on most remote controls

And you my sir seem to deny things are evolving. Fast.
Your opinion was shared for sure by many ppl ~70 years ago, before television was invented Or before LCD's appeared and so on.

And leaving the TV's aside, how can you tell me 1080p is enough when i'm working on a 32" 2k monitor that would looked like ... in term of image quality in 1080 ?
1080 is ok (ok=decent if you're not pretentious) for maximum 27". Better on 24".

PS - regarding auto parking... do you want youtube links with people (i'm not saying woman) parking ? Or wanna see the dents on my car that magically appeared in the parking lot ?

2020-12-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cap0ne Posted at 12-5 01:45
And you my sir seem to deny things are evolving. Fast.
Your opinion was shared for sure by many ppl ~70 years ago, before television was invented  Or before LCD's appeared and so on.

Well I watch my 1080p Video on a 55 inch TV and also 80 % of TV, Nexflix, Amazon etc etc on 1080P as there is hardly any at 4K and it is incredible quality.

I know things evolve and I buy a huge amount of new tech. That is why I know when it has reached a peak.

As for those agreeing with me it was not 70 years ago it is now and in this thread.

Over time you will come to understand this yourself.

Carry on as you will and I will do the same
2020-12-5
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-5 02:14
Well I watch my 1080p Video on a 55 inch TV and also 80 % of TV, Nexflix, Amazon etc etc on 1080P as there is hardly any at 4K and it is incredible quality.

I know things evolve and I buy a huge amount of new tech. That is why I know when it has reached a peak.

If you watch it from 5m+ yes, it will look ok. But if you tell me you watch your tv from the recommended viewing distance for that size (for 55" is around 2.5-3m) and not see any difference between 1080 and 2-4k... no comment
2020-12-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cap0ne Posted at 12-5 02:38
If you watch it from 5m+ yes, it will look ok. But if you tell me you watch your tv from the recommended viewing distance for that size (for 55" is around 2.5-3m) and not see any difference between 1080 and 2-4k... no comment

Yup 2 - 3 m is about the distance I watch from and Yup I and many others in my house see no difference.

Watch some of the Videos from tech drone media on this subject you will see.
At 1080p with my 128 gb card I cant remember the last time I had to change cards...

2020-12-5
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

Nice video and I totally agreed with you about 4K. I am using 1080p all the times to save my time and effort! I have a Canon dSLR with 1080p I am happy with it. I have a GoPro Hero 7 Black I will use 1080p so I can upload to my YouTube channel quick. I got an Apple TV 4K but my tv does not have 4K support and I am not complaining.  
2020-12-14
Use props
djiuser_01ryVNdyQYJM
New

United States

JohnDG Posted at 2020-11-30 03:57
Indeed Bigplumbs,

4K will only benefit on very large screens. On a 55" you will hardly see the difference. And as you say, a lot of devices, including the internet connections won't be fast enough to deal with the large number of bytes. On a small screen, like a smart phone or even a 24" computer screen, you won't have a lot of advantage, but you will lose a lot of storage.

Yes, i just bought  mini 3 pro, and the advanced funtions only work in 1080p, disabling the avoidance sysyem too when in cine mode. So i will be shootingbvideo in 1080p. For stills, if i intend to enlarge I'll take a 48mp shot.
I did buy some blade protectors and landing gear legs. Also thought the carefresh insurance was a good bet as I'm a novice. Any advice for a newby?
Damm sure are lots of flight restricted areas. Especially national and city, state parks. Ugh
2023-2-14
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Have just seen this thread resurface after a couple of years lying dormant... Wow, it doesn't really age well...

But for me, the point that is completely missed is this:

You should always capture at the maximum quality that is available to you. You then produce at a quality that is appropriate for consumption.

There are a lot of examples where original content was discarded or not captured at the best quality available that have been regretted. The BBC - often considered a pioneer in video and film in the past - has been guilty of this on a number of high profile occasions.

Also, the discussion seems to assume that resolution is the killer here. Actually there is far more at play because we are talking about compressed video.

It is absolutely possible to have 4K video with a smaller file size than 1080p video, but the quality would be far inferior. You also need to consider the bitrate, codec, colour subsampling etc etc etc
2023-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules