Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
H20 Camera minimum F-stop in manual mode
3232 9 2020-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonny B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151824 ft
United Kingdom

I'm using the H20 camera. In automatic mode, the zoom aperture goes as low as f2.8. If I change this to manual settings, then the minimum it will go to is f5.6.

I'm wondering if this is a bug or a limitation. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it the same on the H20T?
2020-11-30
Use props
Mightymike75
New
Sweden

I am using the H20T. And I'm having a similar issue but my aperture is stuck at f5,6 in manual mode. I am not able to change it at all.
2020-12-2
Use props
Jonny B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151824 ft
United Kingdom

Mightymike75 Posted at 12-2 23:27
I am using the H20T. And I'm having a similar issue but my aperture is stuck at f5,6 in manual mode. I am not able to change it at all.

Thanks for confirming that.

It seems strange that it will allow f2.8 in auto, but not in manual mode. It makes it somewhat useless in anything but bright light at f5.6
2020-12-4
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here. I have always shot stills and video in manual mode. You can't trust the camera to pick the correct settings. This has to be a bug in the software. I did wonder if there were some other settings hidden that was preventing the manual setting for the f/stop but I have not found it. I wish that DJI would comment on this issue. I was also wanting to test the mapping out using the zoom camera until the P1 arrives. I was looking for the correct settings to save a custom camera but was also wanting to find out what everyone was using to map with the zoom. Someone suggested at a shutter speed of 1/1000 and ISO at 3200 but my experience in photography says that will never work and after testing it was confirmed. It produced a very poor picture with lots of artifacts and overexposed. I'm also adding the custom settings for the zoom camera just in case someone out there wanted them. Don't know why DJI doesn't have the zoom already in the system.

H20T Zoom Camera:
Photo Size Width: 5184
Photo Size Height: 3888
Sensor Size Width: 5.82mm
Sensor Size Height: 7.76mm
Focal Length: 10.1mm (if set to 2X zoom in the app which is 2X the H20 Wide camera)
Min interval: 2.5 seconds
2021-3-14
Use props
TheScanStation
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4542287 ft
United Kingdom

Did anyone manage to solve this issue?
2021-7-14
Use props
fans1cecebad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8018271 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I’ve just started having this issue, August 2021, everything up-to-date. Aperture locked at 5.6 in manual mode. Any fixes?
2021-8-12
Use props
dazonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8018271 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI support has told me that using the DJI Pilot app, you cannot manually adjust aperture on the H20T. There appears to be a setAperture method in the SDK that acts on a Lens object, which includes H20T zoom camera. I don’t think there is a physical limitation, they have just chosen not (or forgot) to include the functionality in DJI Pilot
2021-8-13
Use props
VolantDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354646 ft
United States

mikes1 Posted at 3-14 08:27
Same problem here. I have always shot stills and video in manual mode. You can't trust the camera to pick the correct settings. This has to be a bug in the software. I did wonder if there were some other settings hidden that was preventing the manual setting for the f/stop but I have not found it. I wish that DJI would comment on this issue. I was also wanting to test the mapping out using the zoom camera until the P1 arrives. I was looking for the correct settings to save a custom camera but was also wanting to find out what everyone was using to map with the zoom. Someone suggested at a shutter speed of 1/1000 and ISO at 3200 but my experience in photography says that will never work and after testing it was confirmed. It produced a very poor picture with lots of artifacts and overexposed. I'm also adding the custom settings for the zoom camera just in case someone out there wanted them. Don't know why DJI doesn't have the zoom already in the system.

H20T Zoom Camera:

Thanks for posting the zoom camera profile.  Is this the profile for a zoom set at 2x? Just want to make sure Im understanding correctly.  Also, have you found anywhere that DJI publishes the camera profiles for the wide and thermal? I'm running UgCS and I don't believe the H20T cameras have the correct profiles.
2021-10-24
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

VolantDrone Posted at 10-24 15:01
Thanks for posting the zoom camera profile.  Is this the profile for a zoom set at 2x? Just want to make sure Im understanding correctly.  Also, have you found anywhere that DJI publishes the camera profiles for the wide and thermal? I'm running UgCS and I don't believe the H20T cameras have the correct profiles.

Yes, set the zoom at 2x. For some reason, DJI sets the zoom at 5x when you first use the zoom camera. Wish they would fix that. The zoom camera can take really good pictures for mapping. Not as good as the P1 of course but not bad. I always use manual settings.

H20T Zoom Camera:
Photo Size Width: 5184
Photo Size Height: 3888
Sensor Size Width: 5.82mm
Sensor Size Height: 7.76mm
Focal Length: 10.1mm (if set to 2X zoom in the app which is 2X the H20 Wide camera)

H20T Thermal Camera (1/1.7” CMOS):
Photo Size Width: 640
Photo Size Height: 512
Sensor Size Width: 7.68mm
Sensor Size Height: 6.144mm
Focal Length: 13.5mm
2021-10-25
Use props
lauspark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100541 ft
Australia

Hi,
I have H20, but I can't access manual mode in camera and 4k mode in video setting !
2022-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules