Nikon D750 + ?
2025 4 2020-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MachoManRandy
lvl.1

United States

Hi all. I cannot figure out which gimbal to buy. I am a real estate photographer and I need to add video to my list of services (currently researching, I've never shot video professionally before). I'll need basic videos that look smooth (push in, pull out, panning, etc), nothing too fancy. I have a Nikon D750 and would like to use my Nikon 14-24mm lens. Does DJI even make a gimbal that would work with that setup? Thanks! There's a lot of confusing info online. PS If the 14-24 is too big/heavy, what do you recommend?

2020-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have been waiting for this for a long time, but honestly, the D750 is probably not a camera that is used by many videographers. (even though it makes great video, I love mine)
And it uses a unique control protocol that Nikon does not use for their Z series.
My estimated guess is that DJI won't add support for older Nikon DSLR's because it is not worth their effort.
2020-12-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-12-1
Use props
MachoManRandy
lvl.1

United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-1 00:23
I have been waiting for this for a long time, but honestly, the D750 is probably not a camera that is used by many videographers. (even though it makes great video, I love mine)
And it uses a unique control protocol that Nikon does not use for their Z series.
My estimated guess is that DJI won't add support for older Nikon DSLR's because it is not worth their effort.

Thanks for your input. I just don't understand why I keep coming across articles saying the Ronin and D750 go so well together??! Like - https://gimbalgarage.com/best-gimbal-for-nikon-d750/
2020-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MachoManRandy Posted at 12-2 18:23
Thanks for your input. I just don't understand why I keep coming across articles saying the Ronin and D750 go so well together??! Like - https://gimbalgarage.com/best-gimbal-for-nikon-d750/

No idea why.
I have not tested them because they are not 'compatible' (and I won't buy before)
2020-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules