Activate DJI Care Refresh?
1601 14 2020-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spearson
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I purchased a Mavic Air 2 from B&H Photo Video last week and also purchased the DJI Care Refresh package as well. They sent me en email with two license codes.

When I tried to activate it today, the day the drone arrvied via the Activate DJI Care page I entered the licence code in the activation code box and then entered my drone serial number. When I get to the last page where I enter my personal information, the issue is I'm unable to put a space between my first and last name. I experienced the issue on my iPhone earlier today in the DJI fly app and now via my Mac using Firefox as my web browser.

Since it says "Please ensure your information is correct. It cannot be changed later." I'm unable to continue.

I chatted with DJI earlier today about it and they asked for my information and said they'll contact me in 24 - 48 hours.

I believe one has 48 in order to activate the Care package if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks

Please advaise.

2020-11-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's 48 hours. But even if you miss that there is a rather busy way to activate it later. If you are like me, you will love your new MA2.
2020-11-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

of course i cannot give you advice on how to proceed as you should seek guidance directly from dji.  however, if it were me....i wouldn't miss the 48 hour cutoff.  instead i would enter my personal information the best i can and in this case, sounds like you can put a dash(-) between your first and last name and call it a day.  very very unlikely you will even need refresh and i can't imagine this will end up being a problem.  i only say this because i think the exception route is more of a pain than dealing with a misspelled name.  your call.
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent you a PM, please check it and provide me with more information for better assistance. Thanks.
2020-12-1
Use props
spearson
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-1 04:54
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent you a PM, please check it and provide me with more information for better assistance. Thanks.

Thanks, I just responded to your PM.

Thanks everyone else for your response, much appreciated.
2020-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

spearson Posted at 12-1 06:58
Thanks, I just responded to your PM.

Thanks everyone else for your response, much appreciated.

Got it. Your ticket has been forwarded to the related team to follow up, there will be an email update soon.
2020-12-1
Use props
djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly
lvl.1

Australia

I had the same problem and contacted DJI live chat. They told me to put my name without space which reading this thread makes me uneasy. When I asked for evidence of the chat they told me to take a screenshot. I have done this and saved the evidence however I am only 74% confident in this outcome.

Edit, although I will say I am happy with the speed of DJI live chat, it's the second time I've used it and have to give kudos there

2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly Posted at 12-2 15:11
I had the same problem and contacted DJI live chat. They told me to put my name without space which reading this thread makes me uneasy. When I asked for evidence of the chat they told me to take a screenshot. I have done this and saved the evidence however I am only 74% confident in this outcome.

Edit, although I will say I am happy with the speed of DJI live chat, it's the second time I've used it and have to give kudos there

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. May I ask if you're able to activate the DJI Care Refresh now? If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know.
2022-12-2
Use props
djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-2 20:21
Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. May I ask if you're able to activate the DJI Care Refresh now? If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know.

I did activate it but the DJI support staff told me they cannot fix the issue so i have to write my name with no space. To me this seems like they perhaps could have fixed it yet lacked the motivation or technical prowess at the time. They could not provide evidence but told me to screenshot the conversation which is here. This makes me uneasy and if you could provide a fix it would put my mind at ease.

2022-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly Posted at 12-5 14:30
I did activate it but the DJI support staff told me they cannot fix the issue so i have to write my name with no space. To me this seems like they perhaps could have fixed it yet lacked the motivation or technical prowess at the time. They could not provide evidence but told me to screenshot the conversation which is here. This makes me uneasy and if you could provide a fix it would put my mind at ease.

[view_image]

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team and confirm this issue.
2022-12-5
Use props
djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-5 18:49
We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team and confirm this issue.

Appreciate your good service Mindy, thank you.
2022-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly Posted at 12-6 14:45
Appreciate your good service Mindy, thank you.

You're welcome. We've confirmed with the corresponding team that the inputting your name without the space will not affect your DJI Care Refresh service, please rest assured. As for this issue, we've also forwaded to the corresponding team for a check.
2022-12-6
Use props
newdroneguy
lvl.1

Australia

I had the same issue.  By chance, I was able to include a space.  
Steps:
1. Type your full name as a single word, e.g. Bobsmith
2. Place cursor at end of name and press left arrow to move cursor to position where you want to insert space
3. Press spacebar

(It's an example of very poor forms programming and odd that DJI hasn't updated this as at Dec 2022)
2022-12-11
Use props
djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-6 19:27
You're welcome. We've confirmed with the corresponding team that the inputting your name without the space will not affect your DJI Care Refresh service, please rest assured. As for this issue, we've also forwaded to the corresponding team for a check.

Thank you Mindy, fantastic work. Much appreciated.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly Posted at 12-11 15:35
Thank you Mindy, fantastic work. Much appreciated.

You're welcome. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules