1197 14 2020-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hi pilots,
Today I wanted to go flying, but impossible to have a single sats even after 15 minutes waiting tjrs nothing I gave up so, the UAV Forecast app still tells me 21 locked stats. Do you know what that might be due to? (Same problem with the MM)
Screenshot_20201201_141201.jpg
2020-12-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like perfect conditions to me!
2020-12-1
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

A J Posted at 12-1 08:26
Looks like perfect conditions to me!

Hi
Yes, but the MA2 did not pick up any satellite signals..
2020-12-1
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Try turning off the Mavic Air 2 and pulling the battery out.  Wait about 5 minutes and try again.  It has worked for me in the past.
2020-12-1
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-1 08:57
Try turning off the Mavic Air 2 and pulling the battery out.  Wait about 5 minutes and try again.  It has worked for me in the past.

Thank you so much for the solution, I'll try this tomorrow. But what is strange is that with the mini mavic I have the same problem.
2020-12-1
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

VanzPix Posted at 12-1 09:27
Thank you so much for the solution, I'll try this tomorrow. But what is strange is that with the mini mavic I have the same problem.

The information about the Mini is very helpful.  

I would fathom based on the commonality of the the problem on both the Mini and Air 2 the issue is the DJI Fly app.  The simplest thing to try is deleting the app and reinstalling it.

DJI recommends this if you are experiencing problems.  Some people on here get really upset and claim it is what they always say and does not work.  But for me it worked when my Air 2 was experimenting transmission issue.
2020-12-1
Use props
AAM Photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Either UAV forecast is wrong then, there isnt enough sats, or try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (DJI FLY)
2020-12-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VanzPix Posted at 12-1 08:48
Hi  
Yes, but the MA2 did not pick up any satellite signals..

Very odd mate! Always best to change location when that happens
2020-12-1
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

It could have been interference, either intentional or accidental.

In the US the military will routinely interfere with the GPS signal for military exercises, testing, and to protect national security assets. The aviation community is warned about those via NOTAMs (Notice To Airmen) detailing the location and duration. I don't know if France has something similar, but it would be worth checking into.
2020-12-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Most like the probvlem is where you fired up the aircraft. Were you inside?
2020-12-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Were you perhaps in an area of high interference?
2020-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, VanzPix. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. As already been suggested, it is best to do a quick restart on your Mavic Air 2 and check whether it'll pick up a GPS signal. Should the problem persists, it is ideal to move to a different location.
2020-12-2
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Very strange if it was in open area...
2020-12-2
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

Thank you all for your answers, I went back to the same place yesterday and everything is good. Probably a bad day
2020-12-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

I have found in general that UV Forecast greatly underestimates the number of satellites.  In your case, I agree with others that maybe there was some interference anomaly.
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules