How do I track my whole body?
8658 23 2020-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidmovement
lvl.1
Israel

I'm making exercise videos, so I need to set this up by myself, and track my whole body, head to feet.
The "gesture" method only tracks my face.  And the "outline method" doesn't let me outline my whole body because I'm too close to the unit when I do it.
Is there any what to set this up by myself, or do I need someone else to outline my whole body?
thanks!

2020-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there davidmovement. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. You may try using the Activetrack 3.0 function of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. When using ActiveTrack 3.0, move the joystick to adjust the camera view. The  ActiveTrack 3.0 has been optimized for tracking human subjects with a head and shoulder model along with face detection using deep learning algorithms. The subject will remain in the center of the camera view. The default position is the center of the camera view. Users can also adjust the corner view manually. There are three ways to use ActiveTrack 3.0:
a. Drag a box on the screen in the camera view in DOI Mimo. A green box around the subject indicates ActiveTrack 3.0 is successfully enabled. Tap the X icon on the top corner to stop tracking.
b. Enable One-press ActiveTrack in DJI Mimo, and press the trigger once to start or stop ActiveTrack 3. 0.
c. Enable Gesture Control in DUE Time, and then perform a palm or V gesture for one to two seconds.
In addition I will post a DJI tutorial video on How to Use ActiveTrack 3.0. Thank you.

when facing the camera. The back camera will detecthe nearest head and shouliders and start to track the subject. The front camera will detect the nearest face and start to track the subject.
2020-12-1
Use props
davidmovement
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-1 19:53
Hello there davidmovement. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. You may try using the Activetrack 3.0 function of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. When using ActiveTrack 3.0, move the joystick to adjust the camera view. The  ActiveTrack 3.0 has been optimized for tracking human subjects with a head and shoulder model along with face detection using deep learning algorithms. The subject will remain in the center of the camera view. The default position is the center of the camera view. Users can also adjust the corner view manually. There are three ways to use ActiveTrack 3.0:
a. Drag a box on the screen in the camera view in DOI Mimo. A green box around the subject indicates ActiveTrack 3.0 is successfully enabled. Tap the X icon on the top corner to stop tracking.
b. Enable One-press ActiveTrack in DJI Mimo, and press the trigger once to start or stop ActiveTrack 3. 0.

Well, I appreciate that you took the time to put something into the post. Thank you.

But it seems like you didn't read my question at all.

If you notice, I asked about independently setting this up so that it tracks ME. Not just my face.  My whole body.

That appears to be a different use case than the three options you posted, which are also posted all over the web and in multiple youtube vids.

Any other suggestions?
thanks
2020-12-6
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hi,
The sign mode should work in this case. Otherwise you do as usual by selecting yourself and gently backing away normally it will continue to follow you and even during your exercises.
Be aware, however, that the mode followed to its limits. Movement too fast will lose you
2020-12-6
Use props
Jojax
lvl.1
United States

As someone who primarily bought the gimbal to film myself during workouts, I agree. I think there needs to be a bit more settings for Active Track 3.0. The biggest thing I wish is that the active track would work in tandem with the gimbal modes. I've tried to lock the tilt so the gimbal will only track me laterally, but it seems active track overrides the gimbal mode because it starts to tilt anyway. Additionally, it would be nice if we were able to choose between head, shoulders, waist, full body etc, for the active track.
2020-12-6
Use props
davidmovement
lvl.1
Israel

VanzPix Posted at 12-6 12:22
Hi,
The sign mode should work in this case. Otherwise you do as usual by selecting yourself and gently backing away normally it will continue to follow you and even during your exercises.
Be aware, however, that the mode followed to its limits. Movement too fast will lose you

Thanks.
So if I understand correctly, you're saying that if I use the gesture/sign mode to start tracking, it will initially track my face.  But as I back away it will track my whole body?

Maybe i'm doing something wrong.  My experience so far is that it  continues to track my face.  And as a result, it centers on my face and trunk, and cuts out the lower body.
It's important that they see my whole body down to my feet.

I even tried to use the "outline" method of capture, while pointing it at my wife.  I 'capture' her whole body, and it tracks her face.

Any further thoughts?
2020-12-6
Use props
davidmovement
lvl.1
Israel

Jojax Posted at 12-6 17:19
As someone who primarily bought the gimbal to film myself during workouts, I agree. I think there needs to be a bit more settings for Active Track 3.0. The biggest thing I wish is that the active track would work in tandem with the gimbal modes. I've tried to lock the tilt so the gimbal will only track me laterally, but it seems active track overrides the gimbal mode because it starts to tilt anyway. Additionally, it would be nice if we were able to choose between head, shoulders, waist, full body etc, for the active track.

Thanks for your response.  Sounds like we're in the same boat.  I don't exactly know what you men by 'gimbal mode' vs 'active track mode'.
Can you say more about gimbal mode?
2020-12-6
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

davidmovement Posted at 12-6 22:48
Thanks.
So if I understand correctly, you're saying that if I use the gesture/sign mode to start tracking, it will initially track my face.  But as I back away it will track my whole body?

I did a test, sorry, actually it's only the face. I think that following the whole body is not possible.
however in portrait format, it also follows the face but with a little hindsight there is the whole body and the follow-up seems to work. I hope this will help you.
2020-12-7
Use props
Jojax
lvl.1
United States

davidmovement Posted at 12-6 23:51
Thanks for your response.  Sounds like we're in the same boat.  I don't exactly know what you men by 'gimbal mode' vs 'active track mode'.
Can you say more about gimbal mode?

Hi! So the gimbal modes I was referring to are found in the MIMO app. There's 4 modes: follow, tilt lock, FPV and Spinshot. Follow mode is the "standard gimbal" mode. The gimbal follows your pan and tilt movements, but keeps the horizon level. Tilt lock mode sets the gimbal to lock the tilt, so the camera maintains the same up and down tilt angle, but follows your pan movements. (the mode I'd want to work with active track). FPV mode is anything goes, the gimbal will follow your tilts, pans, and rotations (horizon won't stay level). Lastly, spinshot allows you to use left and right on the joystick to rotate the gimbal and it will follow your spin movements. Active track mode is just whenever you select a subject or use gesture control and the gimbal follows the subject. It seems to me like activating the active track bypasses whichever mode you have the gimbal set to, so when I've wanted to have the tilt locked mode+active track, I can still see the gimbal tilting up and down, even though without the active track, the tilt is locked and it even tells you on screen that "tilt is locked, movement may be limited". This notification has never showed up while using active tracj+tilt lock. Hope this helps!
2020-12-7
Use props
Bobee05
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hello. Modern body armor reliably protects, first of all, the vital organs of a person, and at the same time minimally restricts mobility. An armored vest is needed in places of hostilities, as well as for special services personnel involved in dangerous operations for other difficult situations. Therefore, if you need a body armor, I advise you the Prime Warrior Plate Carrier. As I bought it myself for work. It passed the reliability test. Recommend
2020-12-18
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Bobee05@protonmail.com Posted at 12-18 05:46
Hello. Modern body armor reliably protects, first of all, the vital organs of a person, and at the same time minimally restricts mobility. An armored vest is needed in places of hostilities, as well as for special services personnel involved in dangerous operations for other difficult situations. Therefore, if you need a body armor, I advise you the Prime Warrior Plate Carrier. As I bought it myself for work. It passed the reliability test. Recommend

What does this have to do with the original question in this thread?
2020-12-18
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

DaveSp Posted at 12-18 07:37

The guy is advertising quietly
2020-12-18
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

VanzPix Posted at 12-18 12:36
The guy is advertising quietly

Subtlety is not his strong suit.
2020-12-18
Use props
davidmovement
lvl.1
Israel

DaveSp Posted at 12-18 07:37

He's a spammer.  Just ignore. I reported it.  :-)
2020-12-21
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

davidmovement Posted at 12-21 23:15
He's a spammer.  Just ignore. I reported it.  :-)

Yeah, I did, too - 4 days ago. Doesn't seem to have much effect.
2020-12-22
Use props
djiuser_l1AipfsM3jQF
New

South Africa

Hi. Has this been resolved? I am experiencing the same problem. I need to track my full body and not just my face. Please help. Thanks
2022-1-23
Use props
djiuser_NAvzzZrN03Jm
New

United States

Also wondering the same thing- I just got the osmo 6 and it tracks my face and puts it in the middle of the grid. I want my face to be in the top middle section of the grid in portrait so my entire body can be viewed.
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_NAvzzZrN03Jm Posted at 9-13 18:31
Also wondering the same thing- I just got the osmo 6 and it tracks my face and puts it in the middle of the grid. I want my face to be in the top middle section of the grid in portrait so my entire body can be viewed.

Hi there. I will get this issue referred to our team. May we please have a video of the operation? If you want you can send me the link to the video through a personal message. We appreciate your patience.
2023-9-13
Use props
fans35941f4f
New

United States

Same issue here on osmo mobile 6 with active track 6. Want to film solo dancing in portrait mode but active track defaults to putting my face in the middle of the shot, cutting off my lower half. I can move back but then the shot is all wonky with a bunch of space on the top. Would be great if there was a grid location selection for face placement. It would solve this issue.
2023-11-12
Use props
Judy s
lvl.1

Germany

Hi there,
Few years later I have the same issue. I'm trying to shoot dance videos of myself, but it keeps cutting off the legs. Working with OM 6. Grateful for a solution!
2023-11-26
Use props
Judy s
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 9-13 21:43
Hi there. I will get this issue referred to our team. May we please have a video of the operation? If you want you can send me the link to the video through a personal message. We appreciate your patience.

I'd send you a video where the problem becomes visible, just I don't see how I can send you a private message.
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Judy s Posted at 11-26 03:31
I'd send you a video where the problem becomes visible, just I don't see how I can send you a private message.

Hi, Judy. You can upload the video to Google Drive or YouTube and then send us the link. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-27
Use props
Franco Otaittab
New

Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-11-27 00:51
Hi, Judy. You can upload the video to Google Drive or YouTube and then send us the link. We appreciate your patience.

Hallo. I have an Osmo mobile SE and i'm experiencing the same problem. I've to make on my own videos of my whole body but the system tracks only myn face.
I use the frontal camera in "selfie" mode but the posterior camera is much better. Is there any way to use the posterior camera whithout someone else ?
Thanks !
2-17 20:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Franco Otaittab Posted at 2-17 20:12
Hallo. I have an Osmo mobile SE and i'm experiencing the same problem. I've to make on my own videos of my whole body but the system tracks only myn face.
I use the frontal camera in "selfie" mode but the posterior camera is much better. Is there any way to use the posterior camera whithout someone else ?
Thanks !

Hi there. You can try using the Gesture Control. Please refer to the image below:

To learn more, you can check the User manual here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf. Have a nice day.
2-18 02:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules