Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin SC 'Pan Needs Rebalance'
3344 4 2020-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sam Halmarack
New
United Kingdom

Hi there,
Like others on the forum I am having trouble with the pan axis and the Balance Test ony my Ronin SC

I have spent all day trying to figure this out.

I am 100% sure that I have it physically balanced on all Axis. I can tilt the device beyond 45 degrees and the pan axis doesn't move at all. And yet the pan power value is above the range of +/-5 and I consistenly get the 're-balace required' when I run the balance tests. Please see video.
https://youtu.be/uuIQKIkKgDM

The App Version I'm running is v1.4.4 and the Firmware is 1.5.0.40

The camera I'm using is a GH5. I've tried with a variety of lenses big and small and the outcome is the same. All well within the weight limit of the Gimbal.

Please can you advise,
Thanks,
Sam

2020-12-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thanks for reaching out with us.

We suggest you to test the gimbal by tilt the gimbal around 15 degrees (see the pic below), if the pan axis keeps still, then there is no need to re-balanced.

You can also tilt the gimbal around 30 degrees and retest the balance, to see if the result turns to normal.

Let us know if above info works or not, thanks.
2020-12-3
Use props
Jponce24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81877 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem. Mine only wants to point to the left at almost 90 degrees from center. If I try to move it to line up with the joystick I get a pan overload warning and it goes into sleep.
2020-12-27
Use props
dinbali
lvl.1
Indonesia

SOLUTION
Ronin SC Pan Axis unable to get ''Excellent'': While doing the balance test, I tilt the Gimbal over 25-30°, I then get ''Excellent''. If I immediately balance test again at 15° I get ''Re Balancing Required'', so it is some kind of bug. Just balance-test it at around 30° and it's good. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem. I have spent way too much time trying to solve it before I found out about this and I'm an expert in balancing a gimbal now xD
2021-9-21
Use props
michaelkeay
New
United Kingdom

I have same - but increase tilt to around 20 - 25 when balance testing and it is fine, I just will not give an excellent at 15 degrees.  GH5 mark ii also.
2022-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules