Is it possible to use a non-original battery? 4S LiPo
2420 9 2020-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KaitDRone
New

Estonia

Hey guys,    Can a regular 4s LiPo battery be used instead of the original DJI Phantom 4 battery?

(The adapter can be made with it shouldn't be a problem. Or ...)

dji_cp_pt_000601_intelligent_flight_battery_for_1479249631000_1298129.jpg

Thanks for joining this chat!

email-marketing-not-spam.jpg

2020-12-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, not unless you make up the control card that is included in the battery. And even then, you need to know how to load the firmware as well. Without the control card, the battery will not charge properly and cannot report its state of charge to the aircraft.
2020-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KaitDRone. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. DJI always recommend using the genuine DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries on your DJI drone for reliability and compatibility purposes or purchase the said battery to our DJI Official Store or any online store that affiliated with DJI. This is to make sure that we can provide you the original and good quality of batteries. Just a reminder that the DJI intelligent batteries have a processor inside and needs to be updated from time to time. If it is a counterfeit or a non-original battery, it does not return the correct data code and the aircraft will refuse to start up or work properly and can also void the warranty of the said DJI Drone. Thank you.
2020-12-1
Use props
KaitDRone
New

Estonia

Okey,
thanks
2020-12-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn't even consider it. Stick with the genuine article if you want to avoid trouble.
2020-12-2
Use props
Mastertech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 601781 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-1 20:17
Hello there KaitDRone. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. DJI always recommend using the genuine DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries on your DJI drone for reliability and compatibility purposes or purchase the said battery to our DJI Official Store or any online store that affiliated with DJI. This is to make sure that we can provide you the original and good quality of batteries. Just a reminder that the DJI intelligent batteries have a processor inside and needs to be updated from time to time. If it is a counterfeit or a non-original battery, it does not return the correct data code and the aircraft will refuse to start up or work properly and can also void the warranty of the said DJI Drone. Thank you.

So DJI has it in the software that I cannot use an aftermarket battery in my machine as it will be disabled if  I use one?  That seems a little "Apple-ish" in the ownership vs leasing the rights to use battle when purchasing something.

2021-3-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mastertech Posted at 3-16 16:13
So DJI has it in the software that I cannot use an aftermarket battery in my machine as it will be disabled if  I use one?  That seems a little "Apple-ish" in the ownership vs leasing the rights to use battle when purchasing something.

It is for you own good. The intelligence that DJI build into the battery is there to protect you when the aircraft is in the air.
2021-3-17
Use props
Mastertech
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-17 13:23
It is for you own good. The intelligence that DJI build into the battery is there to protect you when the aircraft is in the air.

Heres the science with a three battery trial...
My batteries started puffing up showing they were outgassing and were about to die.
I purchased 1 DJI battery and two aftermarket batteries THEN!!!!
I poked a small hole in those puffy batteries allowing the gasses to escape ( outside with a 15mph wind blowing, that gas IS HIGHLY explosive so DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME KIDS!) Those batteries worked for another month and a half before they started loosing their ability to HOLD A CHARGE and were at 50%  while the new batteries were still holding 100%. They were recycled properly. DONT BOTHER TRYING THIS IT BOUGHT MAYBE A MONTH and probably dramatically increased the chance or the fireball from the sky ( I dont thing the gas could build up fast enough with all the ventilation these things have)

SO NEW DJI BATTERY is 100% rock solid and dependable.
2 aftermarket batteries seen to work just as the original DJI,   BUT time will tell if the outlive the original battery life.

My original DJI Batteries lasted for years. hard to argue with that.
2021-7-8
Use props
Mastertech
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-17 13:23

As for my own good, Id trust that a drone and its pilot would handle a problem WAY better than the fleet of 1950-1980s airplanes that seem to be falling from the sky regularly these days.

Not a lot of stories of anyone being hit with a drone ( minus a few stupid unlicensed wedding photographers or dumb kids hitting each other.) At least none big enough to hurt anyone.

SO for my own good I purchase the 1000000$ insurance plan for for about 10$ an hour before starting the dangerous or risky flights where there are people or property I could damage in an accident.

For my own good is a term used often used to remove a persons control of their rights, possessions and or property. Im in the USA...good luck with that.
2021-7-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mastertech Posted at 7-8 10:38
As for my own good, Id trust that a drone and its pilot would handle a problem WAY better than the fleet of 1950-1980s airplanes that seem to be falling from the sky regularly these days.

Not a lot of stories of anyone being hit with a drone ( minus a few stupid unlicensed wedding photographers or dumb kids hitting each other.) At least none big enough to hurt anyone.

By 'for your own good' I mean that 90% of drone pilots do not know how to monitor the battery condition in order to make a safe flight.
2021-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules