Pocket 2 with external stereo mic and 'dead kitten'
876 4 2020-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I don't recall seeing anyone test the Pocket 2 with a good quality stereo external mic.  The P2's internal mics are excellent and provide an immersive stereo image, but on a windy day you have to resort to wind noise reduction processing, which is a poor substitute for a 'dead kitten'.  So here's my test of the P2 with an audio-technica stereo shotgun mic.  I'm pleased with the result - the mic input on the 'do-it-all handle' accessory has a flat frequency response across most of the audible spectrum so the end result will depend more on the mic quality than on the P2 quality.

For this mic, I needed the +20dB setting on the audio input, and added another 12db of gain across the whole of the edited video.   But this indicates that there should be no problem recording loud music with this rig.

The visual element comes from a walk in a suburban Melbourne park on the second day of summer here in Australia.  You won't see many people about - during the lockdown, the parks and streets were full of people taking the opportunity to get some exercise (which was permitted subject to conditions) but now everyone is allowed out - nobody is to be seen...

Video was 2.7k30p, auto.  Not only has the sound come out well, so has the video itself!  P2 works well in summer sunshine.

2020-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this interesting video for the DJI Pocket 2. Great work and please stay safe always.
2020-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That sounded good!
2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool - thanks for sharing
2020-12-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

An excellent demo. Thanks for the share.
2020-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules