Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1207536 ft
France

Hello everyone,

I sent my drone for repair because it has the following faults:
Weak GPS signal and sometimes even total loss of signal in mid-flight.
At the same time I sent one of my battery which is no longer recognized by my drone for some reason!

The faults mentioned above are directly linked to the manufacturer DJI who sells me a non-compliant drone.
I want to point out that my drone did not suffer a crash, so it was in perfect working order except for the weak GPS signal.
I noticed that my Mavic 2 Pro had a weaker signal than normal following my new purchase of the same drone, same brand, same model, except that the latter does not present any problem related to the loss of the gps signal or a weak signal.
I compared the two devices, my new Mavic 2 Pro finds up to 19 satellites, and the old one I have since December 2018 only finds 11 sattelites maximum.
This is where I decided to contact DJI in order to have an explanation for this problem. the agent advises me to send it for repair, benefiting from the legal guarantee.
I followed the procedure to the letter and sent everything to the repair service in Europe.
He just sent me an email with an invoice of 1,146.66 euros. this is the price of a brand new new drone.
At first I thought it was a scam email or a hoax, no no it's really DJI asking me to pay 1146.66 euros for a fault that comes from DJI.

This is unacceptable !
I have been a customer of the brand for many years, I have stabilizers, drones, action camera, etc. Well this is how it goes with DJI when you have a problem that is not even related to my use.
A weak singal, a loss of signal has no relation to my use, DJI sold me a faulty product and when I send it for repair I am asked to pay for it at the price of new. it’s bull....
I will share here in the comments and on all platforms videos showing the sudden loss of signal for no reason, also the exchanges with the online chat support telling me "YES YOU ARE COVERED BY THE GUARANTEE" then I am asked to pay the price of a new drone.

If no solution is proposed, I will be forced to assign them to the district court.

CAS-5505666-C3X6Z8

2020-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

When and where did you purchase?
2020-12-2
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

Montfrooij Posted at 12-2 03:07
When and where did you purchase?

bought in December 2018 in France in FNAC stores.
but I noticed the problem of the weak signal only when I could compare it with my last Mavic 2 Pro (same device) bought in August 2020.
the first never rises above 11 sattelites and the second constantly between 18 and 19 sattelites
2020-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GUEPARD PROD Posted at 12-2 03:11
bought in December 2018 in France in FNAC stores.
but I noticed the problem of the weak signal only when I could compare it with my last Mavic 2 Pro (same device) bought in August 2020.
the first never rises above 11 sattelites and the second constantly between 18 and 19 sattelites

I never got much more than 11 sat with my old MP.
But I also never ran into problems with the GPS, so I don't really carea.
2020-12-2
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

I also didn't care until I could compare it to my very last mavic 2 pro bought very recently, I regularly have 18 satellites with it.  But if that was not a problem and it is normal that it is 11 sattelites, why then is DJI charging me more than 1100 euros?  So we agree that there is indeed a breakdown...
2020-12-2
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GUEPARD PROD Posted at 12-2 04:19
I also didn't care until I could compare it to my very last mavic 2 pro bought very recently, I regularly have 18 satellites with it.  But if that was not a problem and it is normal that it is 11 sattelites, why then is DJI charging me more than 1100 euros?  So we agree that there is indeed a breakdown...

The number of satellites is not a big issue.

It's HDOP, (Horizontal Degree of Precision) the precision of the satellite fix that defines how accurate the fix is, 11 can give you a better fix that 18 depending on where the sats are in the sky.

Your drone does have a problem and should be fixed for a reasonable fee as it would be out of Warranty.

Before you do anything ask them for a full report on what the issues were with the drone.

A full cost replacement tis not an acceptable response from them. And not reasonable.

2020-12-2
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

The problem concerns the GPS module since in full flight we go from 11 satellites to 5 or randomly and even NO GPS SIGNAL.
2020-12-2
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

Why out of warranty according to you?  The agent by chat had confirmed to me that I would be covered by the warranty for this problem, once the drone at their place I was offered a replacement at almost the same price as in the store where I bought it.  The drone has a fault that comes from the manufacturer and must be taken care of, it is the law that says so.
2020-12-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We are sorry for the difficulties you experienced, GUEPARD PROD. I had checked the case, the water-proof label turned red, which indicated that the drone had got water damaged. We are sorry that we may not suggest repairing the water-damaged drone, a replacement would be suggested.
I understand your frustration on this case, I have escalated your case to our higher department for further followup, we will have someone contact you soon. Thank you for your patience.
2020-12-2
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

DJI Susan Posted at 12-2 06:05
We are sorry for the difficulties you experienced, GUEPARD PROD. I had checked the case, the water-proof label turned red, which indicated that the drone had got water damaged. We are sorry that we may not suggest repairing the water-damaged drone, a replacement would be suggested.
I understand your frustration on this case, I have escalated your case to our higher department for further followup, we will have someone contact you soon. Thank you for your patience.

My drone damaged by water?  Is this a joke?  I explain that this problem has been there for months, you just have to see the logs to realize it and check the logs to see if I have hovered over the water and if I have lost a signal  above water.  It is frustrating and demoralizing your completely incompetent after sales service.  Please return my drone as I sent it back I have videos and photos of its condition before shipping.  I will have it appraised and invoice you for the work.
2020-12-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GUEPARD PROD Posted at 12-2 06:39
My drone damaged by water?  Is this a joke?  I explain that this problem has been there for months, you just have to see the logs to realize it and check the logs to see if I have hovered over the water and if I have lost a signal  above water.  It is frustrating and demoralizing your completely incompetent after sales service.  Please return my drone as I sent it back I have videos and photos of its condition before shipping.  I will have it appraised and invoice you for the work.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused, your case has been escalated, our team is following up on it and will keep you updated via email. Thanks.
2020-12-2
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

DJI Susan Posted at 12-2 19:51
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused, your case has been escalated, our team is following up on it and will keep you updated via email. Thanks.

Ok thank you,
I spent part of the night viewing and comparing the logs of my Mavic 2 Pro which is currently on your premises and my second Mavic 2 Pro which has no problem.
The difference is obvious, it is clear that my first Mavic bought in December 2018 never had satisfactory GPS coverage, I always had problems with signal loss with this device but I initially thought that the problem concerned the area in which I was and not the device, until I could compare it with my second Mavic 2 Pro bought very recently, the logs recorded from the 1st mavic speak for themselves by comparing them with the logs of my 2nd device.
Conclusion: it never worked properly since its purchase, I just didn't have a point of reference to compare it to to realize that its GPS was faulty from the start.
2020-12-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GUEPARD PROD Posted at 12-2 23:33
Ok thank you,
I spent part of the night viewing and comparing the logs of my Mavic 2 Pro which is currently on your premises and my second Mavic 2 Pro which has no problem.
The difference is obvious, it is clear that my first Mavic bought in December 2018 never had satisfactory GPS coverage, I always had problems with signal loss with this device but I initially thought that the problem concerned the area in which I was and not the device, until I could compare it with my second Mavic 2 Pro bought very recently, the logs recorded from the 1st mavic speak for themselves by comparing them with the logs of my 2nd device.

You are welcome. Your doubts have been forwarded to the team, please wait for the email update.
2020-12-3
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

I have a very precise idea of DJI after-sales service...
take a look at the Sandoz channel, a video is in preparation, come out soon ...
2020-12-4
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

Apparently according to DJI European support, they did a thorough investigation with different teams into my case, and the video I sent them had been reviewed.
The analitic data in my possession shows that the video was not viewed at all, not even once, so they did not even bother to go and understand the causes of the incident, however very well explained in this video is heartbreaking.
I am the only one in possession of the rushes of this incident but if they are unable to go see I cannot imagine how they carry out their so-called in-depth investigations of several teams ...
Then in the same email I was told that inside there is a sticker that turns red when it is in contact with water and according to them the fundamental reasons: "The mist, the rain, the ice , humidity and clouds are all forms of water that will affect the unit in the same way as any other water source. "
And further down they send me a list that I forwarded to you here of cases that are not supported by the guarantor, I invite you to read them.
In conclusion I understand that DJI drones can only be used in a dry environment without cloud without humidity without haze and without any interference whatsoever ...
Everything is done to make you responsible for any incident even when the GPS signal is lost in flight as we can see in this video:

https://youtu.be/rUwwPkgP1cs
2020-12-6
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

In the same email the repair support sends me this photo to show me that the autocllant inside my drone has changed color because it was in contact with water in all its forms mentioned before: " Mist, rain, ice, humidity and clouds are all forms of water that will affect the unit in the same way as any other water source. "
Here is the photo :

But when I ask them the question of how it is that the sticker which is a few centimeters away from it has not changed color and remains intact without any problem of humidity, swamp water and whatnot. no answer on this.
It's weird that “Mist, rain, ice, humidity and clouds” doesn't affect that part right next to it.
The device will be appraised as soon as it returns, my legal insurance has already been damaged. it is unacceptable that the responsibility is placed on the client.
PS: the photo where we see the sticker without change of color, it was not sent to me, I found it in the repair progress tracker
2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GUEPARD PROD Posted at 12-6 01:22
In the same email the repair support sends me this photo to show me that the autocllant inside my drone has changed color because it was in contact with water in all its forms mentioned before: " Mist, rain, ice, humidity and clouds are all forms of water that will affect the unit in the same way as any other water source. "
Here is the photo :
[view_image]

Your issue will be forwarded to the team again, please wait for the email the update, thanks.
2020-12-6
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

Thank you,
If the technical support considers that the loss of the signal in full flight, is due to contact with liquid ... let them prove it.
Until proven otherwise, the drone crashed in the forest following a loss of the GPS signal
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GUEPARD PROD Posted at 12-7 00:11
Thank you,
If the technical support considers that the loss of the signal in full flight, is due to contact with liquid ... let them prove it.
Until proven otherwise, the drone crashed in the forest following a loss of the GPS signal

Our team has replied to your email, please check it. Should there any further concerns, you are recommended to reply the email back, our team will keep follow up on it, thanks.
2020-12-7
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
France

the last email I received was more than 24 hours old telling me that my device will be returned without any intervention.
We will do what is necessary to restore the truth, we will not accept being screwed like that.
2020-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules