Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Second Bad experience with my MM
123Next >
3996 81 2020-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi DJI,

Could you help me out with my MM ?
For the second time i had a bad experience with my MM, just see the video.
Drones should not randomly drop height! (or climb...)

cheers
JJB

2020-12-2
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

{:4_ F..k.Are you going to upgrade to 1.2.1.I don't dare myself yet, still 1.1.10
2020-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ralle Posted at 12-2 03:08
{:4_ F..k.Are you going to upgrade to 1.2.1.I don't dare myself yet, still 1.1.10

I fly with 1.1.9 bc of the batt cell values, but fly also with 1.2.1 ; no problems (1.2.0 = forget this version)
2020-12-2
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

That sounds scary! I hope it will be answered.
2020-12-2
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Finland

JJB* Posted at 12-2 03:16
I fly with 1.1.9 bc of the batt cell values, but fly also with 1.2.1 ; no problems (1.2.0 = forget this version)

Thank you very much!!!!!
2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

I use 1.1.9 too ,, i never had a uncontrolled descent ,althought with the new replacement i have not made a long flight yet
2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try using 1.2.1 - no issues at all
2020-12-2
Use props
Taken Flight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Try changing props.
2020-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you have issues, there is something wrong!
Hope you find a solution!
2020-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

bad props don`t make craft to climb and put errors in the file....

2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

it's your battery out selection on "Landing" option maybe ? , i wonder if the unit gets a low voltage from battery and for somekind of electric problem it thinks that you are out of battery and auto lands.... if you selected "land" instead RTH, it would be something logic ...
2020-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ralle Posted at 12-2 03:08

Not having any issues with MM on 1.2.1.  You should give it a try as you may find out it works great for you also.
2020-12-2
Use props
Through The Lens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-2 08:11

oops. sorry, misread your post.
2020-12-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Could it be a bad barometer on the drone which gives a false height reading? I honestly would not trust that drone anymore after seeing those flights
2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 12-2 08:11

Thats not strictly true mate - especially with the Mini. Check out Ian's video - the Mini was giving out lots of warnings and erratic flight performance - eventually landing by itself!  And all caused by the props...

2020-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 12-2 10:27
Thats not strictly true mate - especially with the Mini. Check out Ian's video - the Mini was giving out lots of warnings and erratic flight performance - eventually landing by itself!  And all caused by the props...

True, bad props cause erratic behaviour, max power reached due to bad areodynamic performance of the props, espcecially in high wind conditions as the motors need bc of that work harder, with bad props even harder....

But my props are new, never folded in a case. My flight was in a normal wind setting.
MM starts to climb on his own, baro height increases while vertical speed remains zero to minus.
Bad blades don`t mess up these values, source data signals in error to IMU and/or IMU miscomputing cause such effects.

cheers
JJB
2020-12-2
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-2 08:30
Not having any issues with MM on 1.2.1.  You should give it a try as you may find out it works great for you also.

I'm going to try.
Thank you!!
2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 12-2 11:40
True, bad props cause erratic behaviour, max power reached due to bad areodynamic performance of the props, espcecially in high wind conditions as the motors need bc of that work harder, with bad props even harder....

But my props are new, never folded in a case. My flight was in a normal wind setting.

I'm not saying that is the case of your specific issues but in reply to your post "bad props don't make the craft climb and put errors in the file" - that is not the case.
2020-12-2
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

I think every dji model has there issues... something they keep denying. plz keep us updated
2020-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 12-2 13:37
I'm not saying that is the case of your specific issues but in reply to your post "bad props don't make the craft climb and put errors in the file" - that is not the case.

oke, no problem. we just disagree   ;-)

Bad props don`t make crafts to climb....imo no explanation to be found to make that possible, suppose that a craft is climbing bc of props , the control height loop will correct that. Props are not in the control loop, effects of props yes, and will be corrected.

cheers
JJB
2020-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Guorium Posted at 12-2 20:39
I think every dji model has there issues... something they keep denying. plz keep us updated

Hi Guorium,

Agree about issues, but this is imo a major issue. Few cases of uncontrolled descents have been sorted out by DJI ; simply replacing the faulty drone.
On this forum lately less uncontrolled descents than when the MM was just on the market.
But how many MM were lost without a warranty claim?

Going up by itself and at the same time vertical speed in the minus is not good. Correction action of the drone is to steer down....

DJI did not yet tune in on my post...

cheers
JJB
2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 12-2 23:51
oke, no problem. we just disagree   ;-)

Bad props don`t make crafts to climb....imo no explanation to be found to make that possible, suppose that a craft is climbing bc of props , the control height loop will correct that. Props are not in the control loop, effects of props yes, and will be corrected.

How did Ian's drone fly up and down and finally landed by itself due to faulty props then?
2020-12-3
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

A J Posted at 12-3 00:25
How did Ian's drone fly up and down and finally landed by itself due to faulty props then?

But was there true climb? I experienced bad propellers in spring this year and Mini was falling down in my case...
2020-12-3
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

JJB* Posted at 12-2 23:59
Hi Guorium,

Agree about issues, but this is imo a major issue. Few cases of uncontrolled descents have been sorted out by DJI ; simply replacing the faulty drone.

try to have yours replaced and see if it still happens.
2020-12-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ralle Posted at 12-2 11:55
I'm going to try.
Thank you!!

You're very welcome.  
2020-12-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 12-3 03:09
But was there true climb? I experienced bad propellers in spring this year and Mini was falling down in my case...

Either way bad props do cause error pop ups and erratic flight - up or down
2020-12-3
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Finland

2020-12-3
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-2 23:59
Hi Guorium,

JJB, is this behavior similar to the two Mavic Air 2 flight problems of ascending rapidly or without command that have been posted in the last week?  I believe you reviews the logs. Both were in Europe one for Romania and the other from Germany.

It sounds like you have been having a difficult time lately. First your phone and now an erratic Mini.
2020-12-3
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

A J Posted at 12-3 06:52
Either way bad props do cause error pop ups and erratic flight - up or down

If I understand JJB is pointing that uncommanded climb from 10 to 29 meters (which sounds very scary to me as well). While other uncommanded descent cases looked like Mini was struggling to keep the altitude (possible lack of lift because of bent props), usually ended by crash landing (like Ian's incident). JJB was able to finish (quite long) flight after the climb/drop incident.
It would be good to know what happened.
2020-12-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 12-3 09:21
If I understand JJB is pointing that uncommanded climb from 10 to 29 meters (which sounds very scary to me as well). While other uncommanded descent cases looked like Mini was struggling to keep the altitude (possible lack of lift because of bent props), usually ended by crash landing (like Ian's incident). JJB was able to finish (quite long) flight after the climb/drop incident.
It would be good to know what happened.

As I previously stated that reply was in relation to a later comment within the thread and not the original post...
2020-12-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-3 09:08
JJB, is this behavior similar to the two Mavic Air 2 flight problems of ascending rapidly or without command that have been posted in the last week?  I believe you reviews the logs. Both were in Europe one for Romania and the other from Germany.

It sounds like you have been having a difficult time lately. First your phone and now an erratic Mini.

"having a difficult time lately"   uhm nope, i am a really happy person, lots of fun in my life! Flying drones is just one time consuming thing in my free time.
And a broken phone is good for the economy, not saving but spending money is the best for that!
Same for my MM....

But serious, i have not seen a single non-MM1 flightlog / dat  with a uncontrolled descent. So no, do not think the errors have the same origin.

IMO MM uncontrolled descents and bad blades are not linked, but bad blades doesn`t help ofcourse to perform best.

In my 2 flights i can pin-point to a error event in the DAT file, in other bad props flightlogs and dats i have seen that specific error is not present in the dat.

cheers
JJB
2020-12-3
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Wow, sorry to see these problems, I hope DJI will figure this out!
2020-12-3
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Last week I did a small test while using each version (1.2.0 and 1.2.1) with the same Mini/remote and the same tablet. I flew over the river and across the land on the other side and then over the gulf, only about 1.2 miles max, then flew around a bit before coming back. Total for each flight was about 5 miles. I saw no differences between the apps. I had the same video dropouts and the same communication error messages at the same places on the route, so I assume there is strong WiFi activity at those 3 places. But I had no loss of control communication. Only the video was affected and no RTH was performed. Of course, this is using the FCC version drone.
2020-12-3
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry if you already answered this...but which version were you using during the second part of the video?
2020-12-3
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-2 11:40

Did it do it before you changed props. Maybe one prop is bad  / loose / out of balance or pitch off.
2020-12-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 12-3 19:40
Sorry if you already answered this...but which version were you using during the second part of the video?

Hi Gary,

Second part i use the device with Android 1.1.9.

cheers
JJB
2020-12-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Donut Posted at 12-3 21:02
Did it do it before you changed props. Maybe one prop is bad  / loose / out of balance or pitch off.

Hi Donut,

Fairly new props.
Bad props don`t make a craft to climb on its own....

cheers
JJB
2020-12-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have  DJI support ticket.
Now wait and see how they will support me.

cheers
JJB
2020-12-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Exported via PC my MM dat file for DJI support (guess they want to see that)
Did a firmware reset, just because....it was connected to the pc, so few clicks on the pc and done.

Windy day today but i was curious to fly again my MM.  
Wow   it survived more than 14 m/s wind on the nose, and still able to fly forward in sport mode. (craft pitch down to 30 degrees!)

cheers
JJB
Image 1.png
GreenBlueBlack.jpg
2020-12-4
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Finland

JJB* Posted at 12-4 02:50
Hi,

Exported via PC my MM dat file for DJI support (guess they want to see that)

2020-12-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules