DJl Mini 2 decent enough to go into the drone footage business?
3180 4 2020-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WaddyUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49449 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, is the DJl Mini 2 decent enough to go into the drone footage business entry level doing small scale jobs/tasks? Adhering to all the regulations and rules of course.

Thanks?
2020-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, WaddyUK. Appreciate your inquiry and hope our experienced pilots can help you with this. Cheers!
2020-12-2
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Yes, you can use this drone for business purposes, you may need approval /licencesing from your Airspace regulatory Administration. There are some use cases that would be better suited for a higher end drone (Mapping, Higher resolution photography, etc.). But for many purposes this should get it done (weddings, Real estate, travel blogs, Weather damage inspection, etc.).
2020-12-2
Use props
Huginn Keningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

In the new european rules, wich I don't know if apply in UK, from December 31st you can use the mini 2 profesionally without doing anything special, just register as an RPA operator on the website of your country airspace administration, which is free and you'll be flying in the open category with a A1 C0 class drone. No need of e-ID, no need of Geo-Awarness... just some basic rules to follow.

For the Air 2, wich is A1 C1 class, you need to pass an online course and test and e-Id, Geo-Awarness...

And for the Pro 2 wich I think it's an A2 C2 class, more stuff is needed to fly legally.

Mini 2 is the way to go unless you need the extra features of the bigger brothers, but the hability to fly virtually anywhere legally is far superior to a little imprrovement in image quality or video framerate.

If you're a local photographer, want to shoot some weddings, some aerial photos for the local business and so on just pick the Mini 2, If you are doing +20.000€ contracts, pick the advanced ones.
2020-12-2
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

I guess it depends on specifically what you are looking to do.
Photo and video quality are superb. I would definitely invest in soem ND filters if you are looking to do professional photos/videos.

It's very easy to fly. Very dependable and reliable.

This forum can be very deceptive as most people only come here when something goes wrong. More often than not, it's pilot error. I have had my Mini 2 for almost a year and haven't had a single problem. I always update to the most recent firmware/software and haven't had any issues. The Mini 2 is one of the best selling drones (if not the best selling drone).
2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules