IMG-20201202-WA0005.jpg
2020-12-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

FPV is a costly hobby.  You will crash... often.  I wonder what DJI’s plan is on the sheer amount of broken drones that there will most certainly be.  In any case, I’m super stoked!
2020-12-2
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

cool we have actual photos of it now! that thing looks heavy! wonder how much it weighs and what kind of battery it uses? i really hope the transmitter is backwards compatible with air units and caddx vistas cause i am ready to get rid of that $300 behemoth remote controller i originally got. i've wanted a controller in the shape of the tbs tango 2 and this is definitely a clone of that
2020-12-2
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Lucas775 check it
2020-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very cool!
2020-12-2
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

First impressions:

Super heavy
Super breakable
Under powered/small motors

Gimbled up/down camera. This will break after first crash.
Extra sensors under chin?

Seems to be some new sort of heatsink on the air unit. Is this the V2 air unit? Will it be available as a backwards compatible stand-alone item?  Wonder if it has improved specs.  Finally a full OSD?

Does it have internal antennas like Mavics?  How would this impact range?

Looks like a proprietary battery pack.  I wonder what type/size/voltage.  Flight time?

The landing gear is straight from 2013.  Strange choice.

How many aux switches on the controller?

Not sure who this quad is made for. Not beginners, as they would break it. Not advanced freestyle fliers, as I doubt it has the performance.  Why the gimbal?  It would have minimal use in FPV. Does it have built-in stabilization, because THAT would be cool. My guess its for super mellow FPV fliers who want to get cinematic shots and extended flight times
2020-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Nelsonlee. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-12-2
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

@DJI Stephen

DJI is obviously trying to make FPV more accessible to a broader range of people through this drone.  I applaud that.

But please don't forget about the original FPV flyers who aren't interested in non-reparable, non-upgradeable, non-tunable, uncustomizable drones like this.

Hopefully DJI will be offering an upgraded Air Unit as well as this new FPV drone.  That way the current FPV flyers can upgrade our current drones. Then we can ALL share in any technological advances this new drone may bring.  

Thanks,

MC54
2020-12-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-12-11
Use props
Advanced