Stolen Aircraft
1578 11 2015-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

When aircraft is stolen, as the app is required to fly it, are DJI able to help locate it?

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks
2015-6-29
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they download the software they would first have to login with your username and password which most likely they will not have so they will not be able to use the software but I'm not 100% sure if somebody can correct me please do so
2015-6-29
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

I can see there are battery and camera SN registered in the flight logs.
Did you register your craft and batteries ?
If so, it would be possible to trace location after flight log synchronization with the DJI cloud.
2015-6-29
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-6-30 04:38
I can see there are battery and camera SN registered in the flight logs.
Did you register your craft ...

Never noticed the battery serial number being listed. I'll have to take a closer look.

As for using a stolen unit and DJI being able to locate it for you, they could, but will they?

You don't need the Pilot APP to fly LOS. You do need the app to see FPV unless you use another flight controller software.
2015-6-29
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Cheers folks.

The aircraft is registered not sure about batteries but they don't have the controller, only the aircraft unit.

How do I sync flight logs over the cloud and trace Dundee?

Thanks
2015-6-29
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

How did it get stolen?
2015-6-29
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

bubo_bubo Posted at 2015-6-30 07:24
Cheers folks.

The aircraft is registered not sure about batteries but they don't have the controlle ...

Ignore that Dundee I was having a brain freeze! Thanks
2015-6-30
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

jhall651 Posted at 2015-6-30 10:35
How did it get stolen?

I'd like to say but can't give full details at present as the police are investigating, but it wasn't in flight.

I believe it may have been removed by somebody who has either kept it or given to someone in a position of trust who has decided they have struck gold and kept it themselves.
2015-6-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Very Sad to hear of your loss. It's a shame that some people can't keep their dirty hands off of other people's property.
I hope that your Phantom is found and returned to you.  We need to discover a way to track these, like we do with a lost IPhone/iPad.

Wishing you only good luck in the near future.

RedHotPoker

2015-6-30
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-7-1 01:52
Very Sad to hear of your loss. It's a shame that some people can't keep their dirty hands off of oth ...

Yeah it would be awesome if dji came out with a app similar to the iOS app : Find iPhone.
It would be called : Find my drone
2015-6-30
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-7-1 01:52
Very Sad to hear of your loss. It's a shame that some people can't keep their dirty hands off of oth ...

Many thanks but tbh it's not the end of the world, brilliant machine and quite expensive but that's what it is. Saying that I might take a different view if it was my inspire!

My perspective is that it has found it's way into somebodies hands without injury to people or property. You hear of far worse situations occurring.

Someone may have been honest and someone who may have been in a position of trust may have abused that position. I think the latter has occurred.

I like the pointer on cloud from Dundee as I will watch with interest.

I'm a strong believer in karma, one way or the other, the people being dishonest will learn the hard way.

Ironically, the police advised by phone today they recovered one but not mine as it turns out following discussion.

I will replace and move on if it doesn't turn up.

2015-6-30
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Jack57 Posted at 2015-7-1 02:12
Yeah it would be awesome if dji came out with a app similar to the iOS app : Find iPhone.
It woul ...

I agree, I think I may invest in some tracking device but would be concerned about affecting flight communications.
2015-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules