lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

I have a problem with the Raveneye.
The following devices are used:
RS2
Panasonic GH5
Raveneye
Huawei Mate 10 Pro (Wifi 5 GHz available)

I only received the device (Rs2 Combo) yesterday and have therefore not seen it is working correctly.

Here's what I did:
First I connected everything:
HDMI to the camera according to Raveneye
USB Raveneye to the gimbal
USB camera to gimbal

Then I turned on the camera. Then the gimbal.
Last I turned on the Raveneye. The LED on the RavenEye will be blue.

Now I started the RoninApp and first connected it to the gimbal via Bluetooth. That worked wonderfully. Then I wanted to connect the app to the Raveneye. Unfortunately no RavenEye - WIFI can be found and therefore I cannot connect to the RavenEye.

I've already tried the following:
- Different smartphone
- Manual entry of the SSID for the connection to the network
- Follow the steps in the video tutorial exactly
- RavenEye completely discharged
- RavenEye without gimbal ring (only the connection with the camera)
- Reset the WIFI password on the RavenEye (click the power button 6 times).

However, after resetting the password, as described in the video tutorials and in the manual, it only flashes twice and not three times as described.

What can I do now? Is the Raveneye broken?

2020-12-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, if the status LED flashes twice, it means the RavenEye is upgrading. Please make sure the firmware of the gimbal and the RavenEye have been upgraded to the latest version.

Let us know if the information above works or not.

Thank you.
2020-12-3
Use props
TorstenR
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-3 03:25
Hello there, if the status LED flashes twice, it means the RavenEye is upgrading. Please make sure the firmware of the gimbal and the RavenEye have been upgraded to the latest version.

Let us know if the information above works or not.

Thank you for your answer. The gimble was updated this morning, but the Raveneye's blinking won't stop. I can not connect trought WIFI to the raveneye to perform an upgrade! Does the Raveneye have to be connected to the gimbal during the update? How long takes an upgrade? Maybe there is another option?
2020-12-3
Use props
TorstenR
lvl.1
Germany

TorstenR Posted at 12-3 03:46
Thank you for your answer. The gimble was updated this morning, but the Raveneye's blinking won't stop. I can not connect trought WIFI to the raveneye to perform an upgrade! Does the Raveneye have to be connected to the gimbal during the update? How long takes an upgrade? Maybe there is another option?

The LEDs do not stop flashing. It has been flashing for hours. what can I do?
2020-12-3
Use props
TorstenR
lvl.1
Germany

this thinkt I tried today afternoon without result:
* loading the raveneye long time
* check if ravenEye-WIFI is not saved in phone saved WIFI connections
* turn off while hold the power button more than 15 sec
** turn on: the lights flashing like above descripted
** you can see this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvgd2j1wmyyl71p/VID_20201203_204201.mp4?dl=0
** no RavenEye-WIFI is showing on each WIFI-device, two different Phones, Laptop, Smart-TV, Router

* turn off while hold the power button more than 15 sec
** connect on RS2
** connect the the camera (HDMI)
** connect the USB-Power on Gimbal
** the lights start flashing without click on power button
** the red LED switched to blue
** no RavenEye-WIFI is showing on each WIFI-device

* try to connect on hidden WIFI-Network: type in SSID and password manually** no connection, network not found

* read some Forum entries and try again:
** https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=228967#pid2337379
** https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D561%26typeid%3D561
** https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D561%26typeid%3D561
** https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D764%26typeid%3D764

I tried more times whitout result. Always the same behavior.

Please help me!

2020-12-3
Use props
fansa4c25172
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2027454 ft
  • >>>
Spain

TorstenR Posted at 12-3 12:31
this thinkt I tried today afternoon without result:
* loading the raveneye long time
* check if ravenEye-WIFI is not saved in phone saved WIFI connections

Hello,

have you tried using a different phone? I had almost the same problem and I couldn't connect my Google Pixel 2 to the Raveneye. 5 Minutes ago I tried with an old Xiaomi phone and it find it! Now I have to use the Xiaomi with the Ronin

Hope it helps!
2020-12-3
Use props
TorstenR
lvl.1
Germany

fansa4c25172 Posted at 12-3 14:29
Hello,

have you tried using a different phone? I had almost the same problem and I couldn't connect my Google Pixel 2 to the Raveneye. 5 Minutes ago I tried with an old Xiaomi phone and it find it! Now I have to use the Xiaomi with the Ronin
Hello fansa4c25172

yes I tried with different phones, read above.
2020-12-3
Use props
TorstenR
lvl.1
Germany

Problem is solved! I use a Smarthpone froma mate for connecting and upgrading the RavenEye. Maybe RavenEye-WIFI allow only five different smartphones Does anyone have a list of supported devices? I need a new one! I can't find a list.
2020-12-4
Use props
julian_rsc2
lvl.1

Germany

I had exactly the same problem, my phone cannot see the RaveEye WiFi and just blinks.I tested 2 different phones, LG V30 and Moto G4. Both do not see the RavenEye network - but with my windows notebook I saw it.

Finally with a LG V40 I was able to connect to the RavenEye.
After beeing able to connet to RaveEye, first I updated the firmware. This does not make my usual phone see the Wifi.
I selected the gear symbol in the RavenEye view and switched to the 2.4G network (instead of 5G).
Now - immediately- I can connect to RaveEye with my usual phone.
2020-12-29
Use props
Giulian76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1886608 ft
Italy

2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_pjTOFmFuUt2j
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks a million for this video, you a star, I finally got my Raveneye connected, Thanks Thanks Thanks.
2021-2-13
Use props
djiuser_pjTOFmFuUt2j
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks a million for this video, you a star, I finally got my Raveneye connected, Thanks Thanks Thanks.
2021-2-13
Use props
djiuser_ohScHp0XDrsg
New

Romania

I made sure to get a wifi adapter that has AC module for 5.8GHZ, and set up raveneye+RSC2+Camera as it should be. Blue light is on on the raveneye, but still the wifi can't be found anywhere. I know it's working, when I first launched it my phone connected to it then disappeared suddenly and since then there's no network. I've tried everything from my PC with an AC wifi module, but it's a lost cause. Gonna send it back for replacement, hoping for the second unit to work, and if not, just gonna get the non-pro kit. This is killing me. If anyone had problems even after getting an ac module and solved it, please reply.
2021-10-5
Use props
ThomasMKerner
lvl.1
Austria

djiuser_ohScHp0XDrsg Posted at 2021-10-5 03:43
I made sure to get a wifi adapter that has AC module for 5.8GHZ, and set up raveneye+RSC2+Camera as it should be. Blue light is on on the raveneye, but still the wifi can't be found anywhere. I know it's working, when I first launched it my phone connected to it then disappeared suddenly and since then there's no network. I've tried everything from my PC with an AC wifi module, but it's a lost cause. Gonna send it back for replacement, hoping for the second unit to work, and if not, just gonna get the non-pro kit. This is killing me.  If anyone had problems even after getting an ac module and solved it, please reply.

I have exactly the same problem.     Bluetooth 4.2 on or off.    WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n = WiFi 4.  WiFi Direct on phone.  5GHz.   Gimbal sees WiFi.    The app wants to disconnect gimbal, to connect RavenEye.  This fails everytime.

By WiFi "adapter" do you mean an internet connected router? or Phone settings?   The RavenEye WiFi (5GHz) used to show up on the Android 10 Note 8P phone, now it doesn't.   It ... disappeared.  Same blue LED.  Laptop sees it, Android phone no.
Can't borrow another phone, the app has a strong potential to damage other phones.  DJI did not answer which phone they used to get this setup to work.  The user guide and videos are of no help for this problem.
Tried the most recent firmware upgrade... and have 'N/A' in the RavenEye Firmware field of the Ronin app.
Now the app will not install earlier firmware, no down revision... can't  go back.  Stuck.    (So far all user comments point to Ronin App software, phone incompatibilities for various supported phones on the supported list, not cable or procedural problems)
Ronin app. v1.4.11(3668),  firmware 01.05.00.20      ...on the Android 10 Note 8P running the Ronin App.
RavenEye       firmware:  N/A.        This is not downloaded from Google Play, it is from QR code link.
Everything is connected and turned on as it should be, status check indicates camera cable and HDMI cable O.K.    So its the app.  And the issue is traced to supported phones that are not seeing RavenEye.
crickets from DJI on this.  Answers like try another phone, power down and try again, does not fix the app.   The Android 10 Note 8P phone supports WiFi 4 = 802.11n here 5GHz lives.   Can anyone translate the attached video?   
2022-4-28
Use props
HalfDuplex
lvl.1
United States

I am now experiencing this same issue after having the product since September 13th, 2023....not even a month. Will be returning the entire kit when I get back from vacation and will be going with something other than DJI
2023-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules