Ronin RS2 tilt axis arm problem
7340 12 2020-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DzikaFlisica
New
Poland

Hi there!

Recently i bought Ronin RS2. I have a problem with one of the sliding arms of a gimbal. Where paning arm slides perfectly, while setting up gimbal, the tilt arm is struggling to move in its bracket. I litterally have to push it really hard in order to move it just a little, and even then it moves non-linear, so balancing out the gimbal is quite a chalange.

Taking into consideration this other arm, which is moving quite easily, i suppose it shouldnt behave like this, should it?

What to do? Service?

2020-12-3
Use props
DzikaFlisica
New
Poland

Any suggestions?
2020-12-5
Use props
jaybee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 586201 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exact same poblem here. It's so hard to move with a camera on and paint has already scraped away near the numerical markings. All very well having carbon on the other axis, but this one is just awful to adjust.

Edit: In fact it's bad with no camera or plate as well. I removed the thumbscrew and recorded a video. Seems to be badly machined as it's grating, or perhaps we just have a bad copy?

DJI, please can you respond and advise.

2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_YIrYd206zJSm
New

India

DID you found the solution for this ?
2021-2-20
Use props
djiuser_YIrYd206zJSm
New

India

DID you found the solution for this ?
2021-2-20
Use props
brettalton
New
Flight distance : 16791 ft
Canada

I have the exact same issue here. I removed the thumb screw (with spring and everything) and it can’t slide without immense pressure. I put it back together and made it even worse by tightening it further. The paint flies off in dust form whenever I move it.

There doesn’t seem to be a way to loosen the grip on the tilt arm. Help!!
735329C6-5E33-4B7F-8B2D-A41F1573D8D9.jpeg
F2BB6D54-D105-43D8-B3AC-9DC9CF813F69.jpeg
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_XxKCC66GyYRS
New
United States

I just purchased my RS2 this week. I had the EXACT same issue. I've already scratched off a lot of the paint and I haven't even used it on a gig yet.  Had me in the dumps. It's good to know I'm not the only one dealing with this.  It costed me a good Grand for this - it sucks that it looks used and I haven't had it for 24 hours.  

2021-11-4
Use props
fans077b455c
lvl.1
Spain

Exact same problem here. Paint stripped off immediately. Incredibly stiff. Applied a bit of WD40 to the surfaces, but no improvement.
2021-12-16
Use props
bergqvist
lvl.1
Sweden

We have the same problem, has anyone been able to fix this? Is it possible to return the RS2 for service and fix it?
2022-8-29
Use props
fans90450d3a
New

United States

Same problem here reported on a new RS 3. Anyone get a hold of DJI with this problem yet?

Like others, haven't even used it on a shoot yet and already scraping.
2022-9-2
Use props
bergqvist
lvl.1
Sweden

Would be great if DJI could chime in. Is it possible to send it in to get it repaired?
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
When balancing the roll axis arm, please refer to the video below and raise the axis arm marked with “RONIN” vertically along the axis arm to reduce the friction force of the roll axis arm, and then perform the balancing.
For more details, you can also check this link:
https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/zmJs2pT2wAHYAL9
2022-9-15
Use props
CreationFilms
New

United States

Got this from another forum, works like a charm:

WonkyTripod Posted at 5-15 04:50
Noone seems to have mentioned it, but for those with a loose tightening lock, the lock lever lifts up over the gear of the screw, allowing you to rotate it back and keep tightening  it. Just pull it up, rotate back and keep doing this til its as tight as
2022-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules