Spark stick control issue.
593 5 2020-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Majikthize
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all Newbie to the forum.
Fleet includes Tello, Mini 1, Spark and various Hubsans.
I've just purchased a controller for the spark and encountered a bit of an issue. I can bind controller to phone, I can bind controller to the spark.
Buttons work (to an extent), photo and video recording work, the gimbal dial works but the sticks have no effect on the drone.
I've followed the obvious steps of hard resets and reinstall Go. I've tried stick calibration with the controller connected just to the phone, but no response when the squares appear on the screen.
Firmware is latest version.
Has anyone experience of this and any idea of remedy?
If I have to send it back for investigation, any idea of repair costs?
Thanks all in advance for any help.

2020-12-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your remote controller, you may contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out.
2020-12-4
Use props
fans3ebbf6f8
New

United States

I am new to this forum and have a question. I have a Magic air and I had no issues flying it with remote and joy sticks. Didn’t fly it for months and when I did the joy sticks would not control the drone. I did however notice that if I turned the entire remote the drone would react. Do I now have a setting set wrong or something?  I would love some help with this PLEASE
2020-12-8
Use props
Majikthize
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-4 01:25
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your remote controller, you may contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out.

Hi  I actually found the problem. The previous owner of the controller had dismantled it for some reason and had removed the ribbon cables at the wrong end, making it too hard to reinsert them.
I took the full controller apart, put the lower end of the ribbons back on the mainboard, reassembled the controller and then reconnected the ribbons at the upper end using tweezers.
Turned on, calibrated sticks and all good to go!
received_2933776903521672.jpeg
received_727942334482162.jpeg
2020-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Majikthize Posted at 12-8 22:25
Hi  I actually found the problem. The previous owner of the controller had dismantled it for some reason and had removed the ribbon cables at the wrong end, making it too hard to reinsert them.
I took the full controller apart, put the lower end of the ribbons back on the mainboard, reassembled the controller and then reconnected the ribbons at the upper end using tweezers.
Turned on, calibrated sticks and all good to go!

For fly safety considerations, it is not recommended to repair the product yourself, as replied above, you may contact our support team to open a case and send it in for a thorough diagnosis. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2020-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans3ebbf6f8 Posted at 12-8 17:45
I am new to this forum and have a question. I have a Magic air and I had no issues flying it with remote and joy sticks. Didn’t fly it for months and when I did the joy sticks would not control the drone. I did however notice that if I turned the entire remote the drone would react. Do I now have a setting set wrong or something?  I would love some help with this PLEASE

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your remote controller. Just to verify, have you tried the remote controller calibration? If the issue still persists, please record a video and show me the details of the problem, I'd like to help you check it.
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules