Can't get the DJI app to work
746 8 2020-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newbie1
lvl.1

United States

I just bought my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo and I have yet to get it to work.  I've downloaded the new DJI Fly app version 1.2.1 and the screen turns blank when you try to touch anything on the screen.  It goes out for about 5 seconds and returns but when you select connect aircraft it displays Mavic Mini 2 pic and goes blank before you can select anything.  After 5 seconds it will return to the main screen and the process starts all over again.  Is there a fix?  My phone is a Galaxy S8+ running Android 9.  The short video is below:

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/mRIPxgFsRWyo
2020-12-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may have gotten a bad download of the App.  I'd try deleting the DJI folder on your mobile device and then uninstall the App.  Download it again from either App store or DJI website and reinstall.  Your phone is on the recommended device list so that is not the problem.  One other thing to try is making sure your drone and remote control firmware is up to date using DJI Assistant 2.
2020-12-3
Use props
tom718
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21539 ft
Canada

In addition the tips DowntownRDB mentioned, maybe make sure your Galaxy is on the latest Android 9 version.  If it is, might be worth reboot the Galaxy as well.
2020-12-3
Use props
newbie1
lvl.1

United States

I've downloaded the updated DJI app 5 times already (3 from Play store & 2 from a DJI tread from their support team). Each time I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled. I've gone into memory and deleted background apps and still no success.  My OS is up-to-date.  The only thing I can think of that is different is that this is a unlocked phone that I bought directly from Samsung.  This is the only app that has failed to operate normally in the 3 years that I've had it.  I refuse to buy a new phone just to make an app work when I don't even use all of the features this phone has.  I need technical help if someone can give it.
2020-12-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The thing I would check is the available memory (storage and ram). It may be running out of space due to many apps running in the background. Try forcing most of them to close. Also make sure it has the required permissions enabled.
2020-12-3
Use props
newbie1
lvl.1

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-3 19:09
The thing I would check is the available memory (storage and ram). It may be running out of space due to many apps running in the background. Try forcing most of them to close. Also make sure it has the required permissions enabled.

Gary,

I've done that too and still nothing.
2020-12-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

newbie1 Posted at 12-3 19:17
Gary,

I've done that too and still nothing.

OK then. Just as a test, I would try to install a much earlier version of the Fly app. The newer versions use more memory. If the old one seems to work better, you may be running out of space.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/

I use an unlocked Samsung S6 and a no-carrier Samsung Tab A and they both work with any version.

2020-12-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there newbie1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to isolate the said issue can you please try using a different mobile device, kindly please install the DJI Fly application on a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-12-3
Use props
newbie1
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-3 20:42
Hello there newbie1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to isolate the said issue can you please try using a different mobile device, kindly please install the DJI Fly application on a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hey Stephen,

To my surprise and dismay the app works on my wife's phone but not mine.  She has a brand new Samsung Galaxy A71 5G running Android 10.
2020-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules