2861 4 2020-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Hi,

is it possible to do a hard reset on the remote pf the air 2 without dji assistant?

I cant upgrade it always having error (with dji assistant) and nothing works on it?

My dji assistant is up to date , my air 2 drone is uptodate but I cant do it for the rmote and she doesnt work anymore?

Thanks

2020-12-3
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

You will need to use the DJI Assistant 2 to do a firmware reset.  It is a complete overwrite unlike an update which can target specific files to modify or add.  In order to do a reset another device, in this case a computer, is required to store, run the installation process and load the firmware since the original firmware will be deleted prior to install.  I have not seen a way to do a factory reset on the RC alone.
2020-12-3
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-3 15:31
You will need to use the DJI Assistant 2 to do a firmware reset.  It is a complete overwrite unlike an update which can target specific files to modify or add.  In order to do a reset another device, in this case a computer, is required to store, run the installation process and load the firmware since the original firmware will be deleted prior to install.  I have not seen a way to do a factory reset on the RC alone.

I cant do it , the Assistant doesnt give me the choice to choose between different firmeware , I only have 1 choice and its the last firmware. I dont have reset to default ...

there is probably a choice of command to do a reset . (push and hold something for 5 sec and press something etc )
2020-12-3
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

PeterPan007 Posted at 12-3 16:36
I cant do it , the Assistant doesnt give me the choice to choose between different firmeware , I only have 1 choice and its the last firmware. I dont have reset to default ...

there is probably a choice of command to do a reset . (push and hold something for 5 sec and press something etc )

I seriously doubt that there is hard reset command using a button combination as it is a firmware package and not a persistent bios which is hardcoded into the chip.
2020-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PeterPan007. Sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Unfortunately, the Mavic Air 2 remote doesn't have any hard reset. We suggest that you refresh the firmware thru the DJI Assistant 2 instead. Make sure that the remote is above 50% or best to have it fully charged before updating. Uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Assistant 2 might also help. Should the same problem persists, kindly extract the upgrade log, upload it to either GoogleDrive or DropBox and let us know.

For Windows, refer to this file path: C:\Users\(PC username)\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log

For Mac, refer to this file  path: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
2020-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules