Waypoint 2.0 - how to set Altitude enroute to first WayPt.?
1610 17 2020-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 617405 ft
United States

In Waypoint 2.0, after I set up the waypoints and I press GO, there is a final set up before it takes off.
I do not see any fields where I can set the altitude of the journey to the First Waypoint.

Recently, I had an incident where I was attempting to test the WayPoint 2.0, my M2P met a tall tree enroute to the first WayPt. It does not know how to navigate around the tree; so, I did a manual override (via joy-stick) and it crashed into the tree. I lost the drone.

You folks be careful with Waypoint 2.0.
2020-12-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DJ_Fan. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate incident happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. It would be best to contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution/fix would be provided. Again, I am sorry for the incident and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im thinking Litchi is the way to go for mission planning.
2020-12-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - try litchi for WP missions
2020-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-4 02:06
Im thinking Litchi is the way to go for mission planning.

With you all the way on that. And the way to avoid the scenario described is to launch the drone, climb to the desired height, THEN upload the waypoints mission. Only takes a couple of minutes so no significant reduction of available flight time.
2020-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Avoid that scenario by launching the drone and climbing to the desired height. Hover there and THEN upload the waypoints mission to the drone from the RC.  This is my standard procedure - but I use Litchi for all waypoint missions. Never fails,
2020-12-4
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 12-4 03:36
With you all the way on that. And the way to avoid the scenario described is to launch the drone, climb to the desired height, THEN upload the waypoints mission. Only takes a couple of minutes so no significant reduction of available flight time.

Yup, that's a good solution, Thanks!
2020-12-4
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

I just looked at Litchi ... and was wondering what are the advantages of using Litchie?
Also, I'm using CrystalSky.
2020-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJ_Fan Posted at 12-4 05:51
I just looked at Litchie ... and was wondering what are the advantages of using Litchie?
Also, I'm using CrystalSky.

You can pre-program the flight on your home computer - checking safe heights on GoogleEarth etc. Then upload it to the RC/tablet combo ready to upload to the drone when you're in situ. Autonomous flight and no need for any stick input during the programmed route.
2020-12-4
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 12-4 07:35
You can pre-program the flight on your home computer - checking safe heights on GoogleEarth etc. Then upload it to the RC/tablet combo ready to upload to the drone when you're in situ. Autonomous flight and no need for any stick input during the programmed route.

Thanks for the response.

Sorry for belaboring this but I can do the same thing (as described) in DJI App, programming it at home in DJI App and storing the Mission/Task in TaskLib. Individual Waypt altitudes are also adjustable during the programming.

Are there any other advantages in Litchi? I'm totally new to Litchie so pardon me for asking questions that may look obvious to you experienced Litchie-users.
2020-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJ_Fan Posted at 12-4 08:19
Thanks for the response.

Sorry for belaboring this but I can do the same thing (as described) in DJI App, programming it at home in DJI App and storing the Mission/Task in TaskLib. Individual Waypt altitudes are also adjustable during the programming.

I've been a fan for 3 years. It's never let me down
2020-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJ_Fan Posted at 12-4 08:19
Thanks for the response.

This is the tutorial that I found most useful.

2020-12-4
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 12-4 08:23
This is the tutorial that I found most useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nEhjHukM3k

Cool, looks more elaborate than the DJI Waypt 2.0 feature.
Thanks again!
2020-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJ_Fan Posted at 12-4 08:47
Cool, looks more elaborate than the DJI Waypt 2.0 feature.
Thanks again!

You're welcome.
2020-12-4
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE:

Strong winds last night and it disengaged from tree and dropped into the bushes. Looks like a cushioned fall.
- Replaced a couple of propellers
- calibrated compass
- tuned gimbal
Flying like new.

Thanks everyone for your help, though.
Tested vertical climb to 200 ft and shot a few photos at different angles and they looked great.
Anything else I need to check before flying it for real?
2020-12-5
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are 2 options you could do to prevent the situation you describe.  

Firstly, make your first waypoint right over the top of your launch site.  that way you can control the height for it.  

Secondly, as someone else mentioned, launch it manually, get it to a safe altitude/location, then start the mission.

Thirdly, as others mentioned, Litchi's waypoint features are vastly better than what is available natively in Go 4.  Just beware that if you use a 3rd party app while your drone is under warranty, DJI likely won't honor the warranty if something goes awry while using that 3rd party app.
2020-12-5
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 12-5 10:25
There are 2 options you could do to prevent the situation you describe.  

Firstly, make your first waypoint right over the top of your launch site.  that way you can control the height for it.  

Those are nicely thorough pointers.
I appreciate it.
2020-12-5
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJ_Fan Posted at 12-5 12:15
Those are nicely thorough pointers.
I appreciate it.

Always happy to share!  I hope you have many fun and safe flights ahead!
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules