Zenmuse Z15-N7
1093 5 2015-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shepk9
New

Canada

Assembled my S800 for the first time this year. As soon as it was assembled, I powered it up to test the gimble and everything else was working properly. Everything worked perfect.
I powered it off and took it outside. Powered it back up again, and the gimble was abolutely limp. No LEDs on anything, not even the reciever module for the GCU. It died in a matter of 5 minutes.

Took it back inside, triple checked each connection, even simplified by removing the OSD, gimble just hangs there limp. I connect the laptop to the GCU, this powered up the reciever module. In the assistant, it showed that the GCU was recieving all the commands from the transmitter.

Interesting enough, if I disconnect connector G8, the reciever module will power up and sync to the transmitter. With G8 connected, everything is dead.

I tried to update to the GCU thinking maybe a reflash may get it going, get an error it could not find the hardware (or something along those lines)

Anyone ever see anything like this? (And yes, checked the battery ;) )

2015-6-29
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi, shepk9, please try replacing the 6pin and  8pin cables to have a try. What's more, What battery are you using to supply GCU power, S800 battery or seperate battery? 6s?
Is this gimbal brand new?
Could you upload a video for exact confirmation?
2015-6-29
Use props
shepk9
New

Canada

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-6-30 09:55
Hi, shepk9, please try replacing the 6pin and  8pin cables to have a try. What's more, What battery  ...

Cannot replace the 8 pin as the other end goes internal to the gimble and do not want to disassemble (nor do I have a spare 8 pin)  replaced the 6 pin already.
This gimble was purchased new Nov 2012. Only has had maybe 10 flights. Been sitting in storage the last year.
Power is supplied by the S800 battery, 6s 5000mAH.
Here is the ,
2015-6-30
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

shepk9 Posted at 2015-6-30 21:35
Cannot replace the 8 pin as the other end goes internal to the gimble and do not want to disassemb ...

Guess something is wrong with the internal cable or motors, suggest you send it for repair.

If you are North American customer, please contact  DJI LA Office                +1 (818) 235 0789
us.support@dji.com        Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST) to get repair support

If you are European customers, please Email to support.europe@dji.com.

Other customers, please send product to the following address to enjoy repair service
Address:RM.901,9/F,Building 16W, Science Park West Avenue, Phase Three, Hong Kong Science Park, Pak Shek Kok, New Territories, Hong Kong
Telephone: +852 24873091
Addressee: Iflight Technology Company Limited  

Thanks for your attention and support to DJI.
2015-6-30
Use props
shepk9
New

Canada

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-7-1 09:41
Guess something is wrong with the internal cable or motors, suggest you send it for repair.

If yo ...

yeah, posted here cause 0 response from us.support. At least with the old dji-innovations US team I always got a response in a couple hours, not couple weeks. Not impressed that after a $10k investment I get left in the dark.
2015-6-30
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

shepk9 Posted at 2015-7-1 10:55
yeah, posted here cause 0 response from us.support. At least with the old dji-innovations US team  ...

Please call DJI LA , this would be faster.  
2015-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules