2176 17 2020-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Hey all,

First time it happended it was from a couple of foot, but yesterday it happened from about 6 foot!

At this stage Im getting about nervous to take it far away.

Here is the scenario, drone takes off as normal, and then just bounces back on the ground violently.

Yesterday same thing, took off, hover as normal, went up to about 6 foot approx and without my interference the drone just plummeted into the ground, and motors shut.

It was as almost as power was reduced to zero and there was no more propulsion to keep it in the air.. Certainly doesnt inspire comfidence to fly it away from me in the future.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

2020-12-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there B737ng.  I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Air 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate issue happened and there was a hard landing / crash that had happened on your DJI Mavic Air 2. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance and for us to be able to assess the said drone thoroughly. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your understanding.
2020-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How high are you hovering at takeoff?  I would normally take off and not hover less than 6 feet from ground.  Also post your log here http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/  It might have more details.
2020-12-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try calibrating the VPS using Assistant 2 for Mavic
2020-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Short answer: No. Are you on the latest updates of Fly app and firmware?
2020-12-4
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 12-4 02:08
How high are you hovering at takeoff?  I would normally take off and not hover less than 6 feet from ground.  Also post your log here http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/  It might have more details.

It was a standard take off. I actually had the throttle fully up and it still sank down.

Im looking at the logs as we speak, I dont think phantomview is able to read .dat files from Air 2
2020-12-4
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

B737ng Posted at 12-4 05:07
It was a standard take off. I actually had the throttle fully up and it still sank down.

Im looking at the logs as we speak, I dont think phantomview is able to read .dat files from Air 2

Use the .txt log. Here is how to get it...

How to retrieve TXT files from IOS devices

Android: credit: (phantomhelp.com)
For Android mobile devices, connect your mobile device to a computer via a USB cable and go to:

DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord for DJI GO 3
DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord for DJI GO 4
DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord for DJI Fly
2020-12-4
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

Sounds like

1) a VPS error
2) propeller (major) deformation

But have to see the logs to be sure. @JJB is much better than this at me however :p
2020-12-4
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

Through The Lens Posted at 12-4 05:59
Sounds like

1) a VPS error

I will take a look at the logs as above. I have HD Airdata and according to that it doesn't show anything as It says flight was too short to extract more information .

But apart from that, this drone still flies fine, there is no physical damage to it apart from legs taking a bashing underneath. It flies perfect.
Also bear in mind that this drone is 5 months old, altought not a lot of hours on it but has been reliable flyer ever since apart from this take off glitch.
2020-12-4
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

If you post your log .txt file some of the more experienced users can review them in great detail.
2020-12-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check to see if something is blocking the down sensor set. Sounds like a VPS fault.
2020-12-5
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

Right guys whats your take on this?

I sent the drone back for repair.  ( btw I have Dji Refresh+) which I dont intend on using unless I absolutely have too and when I actually crash my drone!

So they came back today saying:  No warranty. No physical damage and no liquid damage. Customer complaint of hard landing. Fault: ESC Board Module ADS-B damaged.

And they quoted me €80+ shipping to repair?

Surely this is a warranty procedure , damaged ESC board ?

Any advice on this? Thanks
2020-12-14
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

B737ng Posted at 12-14 06:37
Right guys whats your take on this?

I sent the drone back for repair.  ( btw I have Dji Refresh+) which I dont intend on using unless I absolutely have too and when I actually crash my drone!

Too late now, but it almost makes you wonder if you have a problem with your drone you might as well fly full speed into a brick wall and get the replacement for $69 or 51.79 pounds versus paying the repair fee.
2020-12-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

B737ng Posted at 12-14 06:37
Right guys whats your take on this?

I sent the drone back for repair.  ( btw I have Dji Refresh+) which I dont intend on using unless I absolutely have too and when I actually crash my drone!

Uh?  even without DJI care refresh tech products have minimum 1 or 2 year of general warranty.

If DJI found an error in the ESC board ect within the 'new'period,  then they have to fix that without consumers costs.

cheers
JJB
2020-12-14
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-14 10:43
Uh?  even without DJI care refresh tech products have minimum 1 or 2 year of general warranty.

If DJI found an error in the ESC board ect within the 'new'period,  then they have to fix that without consumers costs.

I agree for sure.
2020-12-14
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

Follow up email from DJI now request logs, videos, files, etc to prove the point. I have sent everything I've got and the evidence is there. Lets see what they come back with..  

And still in doubt to why I have bothered paying for DJI refresh + and 2 year extension when they still want money off you when something is wrong..
2020-12-14
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

B737ng Posted at 12-14 11:23
Follow up email from DJI now request logs, videos, files, etc to prove the point. I have sent everything I've got and the evidence is there. Lets see what they come back with..  

And still in doubt to why I have bothered paying for DJI refresh + and 2 year extension when they still want money off you when something is wrong..

There are some caveats with Refresh.

First you indicated you purchased Refresh Plus and your profile indicates your country of origin is Ireland. On the Refresh Plus page there's this - "*EU countries, Norway, Switzerland and United Kingdom do not provide extended warranty services.". Isn't Ireland still part of the UK, just not sure after Brexit?
Source: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh-plus

Coverage and added costs
From the Refresh page, Comprehensive Coverage section - "DJI Care Refresh covers you against user error, signal interference, collisions, water damage, and drop damage. ".

However there is always a charge when using Refresh. Also from the Refresh page - "... offers you up to two product replacements in one year for a small charge." There is a replacement fee schedule, for Mavic Air 2 it's $69 USD for 1st replacement and $99 USD for second one.
Source: https://store.dji.com/guides/dji ... -care-refresh-plus/

I would recommend you post the logs in question here so that others can help you make the argument this repair should be covered under warranty and thus no charge.
2020-12-14
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

Pappy3 Posted at 12-14 17:34
There are some caveats with Refresh.

First you indicated you purchased Refresh Plus and your profile indicates your country of origin is Ireland. On the Refresh Plus page there's this - "*EU countries, Norway, Switzerland and United Kingdom do not provide extended warranty services.". Isn't Ireland still part of the UK, just not sure after Brexit?

Thanks for the reply.

A quick update on this. As I insisted on DJI to check the logs, they did so and came back with a reply after this was passed on to a different department.

The ESC board and iMU was faulty. The will honor the warranty in the end.

I wonder will they just replaced the board or send a replacement drone?

Thanks

2020-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules