2687 12 2020-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
y1nk0
New
Flight distance : 126713 ft

Hungary

Hi all,
Is there anything known how much force/torque is needed to tighten the propeller screws on the Mavic Mini (preferred in Nm)?

It's okay that the manual says use the screwdriver in the set, but not all of us have the same hand strenght and feeling (by this I mean I'm also a hobby mechanic and have ripped of not one, and for sure not my last screw in my life because of overtightening by missing force data, since then I'm always searching for torque data and use in any case a torque wrench)
2020-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One related tip is to use the old screw to try and remove as much of the old thread lock as possible before using the new screw with the thread lock.
2020-12-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, y1nk0. Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we don't have this information available although it is ideal that you screw them slow and with not much force due to the size of the screw and thread. You can also check the video below for more information and tips on how to replace the Mavic Mini's propellers.
2020-12-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-5 00:13
Hi, y1nk0. Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we don't have this information available although it is ideal that you screw them slow and with not much force due to the size of the screw and thread. You can also check the video below for more information and tips on how to replace the Mavic Mini's propellers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SA4pye4E90&ab_channel=DJITutorials

Great vid - thanks for sharing Gamora
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_Mz2fcs2ISYG8
New
Flight distance : 13881 ft
Netherlands

I've read somewhere 1.29 KG
2023-2-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

duplicated post sorry
2023-2-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Mz2fcs2ISYG8 Posted at 2-23 12:29
I've read somewhere 1.29 KG

Sorry but 1.29kg is a mass or in public perception a force and meaningless as a torque.
A torque is force combined with distance, i.e. force multiplied by distance, and expressed in Nm (Newton metres)  or lb.ft (pound foot/feet) or similar units.

To y1nk0, a torque wrench to measure this level of torque reliably might be quite expensive ..... but I am out of date with such things.
2023-2-23
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-5 00:13
Hi, y1nk0. Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we don't have this information available although it is ideal that you screw them slow and with not much force due to the size of the screw and thread. You can also check the video below for more information and tips on how to replace the Mavic Mini's propellers.

Gamora - thanks for sharing this video - it surly helps.  Although from what I have had with those screws, in the video to unscrew, it looks a little too easy.  I needed to really put pressure on the screwdriver to loosen the screws from my Mini 2.  I put the screws IN with enough pressure to where I get to the point I feel it is enough, or to where IF I went harder the screwdriver tip starts to raise out of the slots - either - that is where I stop.  I have only taken out the screws one time on the Mini2, but plan to be more gentle with the pressure on the screwdriver when next time I have to take them out.  I truly like the insert, twist and lock propellers of the Mavic Air2.  No chance of stripping anything.
( I edited this post at a later time because I had to leave the original post quickly early in the day)
2023-2-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The 'added' undoing torque you experienced may be due to the Locktite.
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 2-23 13:10
Gamora - thanks for sharing this video - it surly helps.  Although from what I have had with those screws, in the video to unscrew, it looks a little too easy.  I needed to really put pressure on the screwdriver to loosen the screws from my Mini 2.  I put the screws IN with enough pressure to where I get to the point I feel it is enough, or to where IF I went harder the screwdriver tip starts to raise out of the slots - either - that is where I stop.  I have only taken out the screws one time on the Mini2, but plan to be more gentle with the pressure on the screwdriver when next time I have to take them out.  I truly like the insert, twist and lock propellers of the Mavic Air2.  No chance of stripping anything.
( I edited this post at a later time because I had to leave the original post quickly early in the day)

Hi, Bob-Mini-2. Thank you for sharing your experience with replacing the propellers. It could be because of some dust collected from previous flights that you had a hard time removing the screws. For putting the screws in, we recommend to be gentle while putting them and don't put much force to avoid having them damaged or loose. If the installation of the propellers is wrong, you will receive an error from the app and it will not allow you to fly until they are properly installed.
2023-2-26
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-26 01:43
Hi, Bob-Mini-2. Thank you for sharing your experience with replacing the propellers. It could be because of some dust collected from previous flights that you had a hard time removing the screws. For putting the screws in, we recommend to be gentle while putting them and don't put much force to avoid having them damaged or loose. If the installation of the propellers is wrong, you will receive an error from the app and it will not allow you to fly until they are properly installed.

Thank you once again
2023-2-27
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Not much. you don't want to over-tighten them
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 2-27 18:03
Thank you once again

You're most welcome. Have a safe flight always!
2023-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules