Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where is Tasos from Greece
958 17 2020-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I so miss his prodigious videos and attempts at interesting video techniques. It's been 12 days since he's last posted. Wondering if it could be caused by losing drone as he pushed the limits of BVLOS (Beyond Visual Line Of Sight) or worse the Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority took action on his flying over restricted areas like the Parthenon and the Erechtheion .
2020-12-4
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Yes, I totally agree, where is he, I miss him and his videos also.
2020-12-4
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

There's also the fact Greece is in a month long ultra-strict lockdown where you need to text the government to request permission to leave the house for specific exercise and book a time slot....

You're not going to get permission to go outdoors to fly a drone.
2020-12-4
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Netherlands

This is an interesting post !  I agree with you !

Hello Tasos, please report !
Are you OK ?
2020-12-5
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Marty,

Yes, Tasos is also missed in the middle of the Pacific!  Mahalo for putting out this request!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Makes me wonder indeed!
2020-12-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hope he's OK - probably 'locking down'
2020-12-6
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

None of the guesses explain why Tasos GR can't just login here and explain? Hope it isn't because he was abducted by the reported UFO looking to steal DJI drone technology to further intergalactic space travel.*

* QAnon take notice as this a Deep Space issue, far more seious than a Deep State issue. ☺
2020-12-6
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Missing
Who has seen this man:
Nationality:greek
Wearing sunglasses
Light blue shirt
Likes to fly drones

Please report to dji forum
476690B6-8D21-4CC5-A310-9832FC17B3A7.png
2020-12-7
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Netherlands

Hello Tasos, where are you ??
2020-12-11
Use props
xagoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Hello from Greece! I don't know him personally, but I can assume that because of the current lockdown situation we are in, it's not easy for him to out and shoot some videos. Not that it's impossible to do it, since we can still go out for many different reasons, but it's not worth the risk to fly when the fine for ''unjustified'' moves is €300 (that's more than 2 Mavic 2 batteries worth!).

I've personally haven't fly for more than a month now.

I hope he's OK, healthwise, because there's been a huge increase in COVID-19 cases in Athens over the last month.
2020-12-13
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

xagoras Posted at 12-13 01:06
Hello from Greece! I don't know him personally, but I can assume that because of the current lockdown situation we are in, it's not easy for him to out and shoot some videos. Not that it's impossible to do it, since we can still go out for many different reasons, but it's not worth the risk to fly when the fine for ''unjustified'' moves is €300 (that's more than 2 Mavic 2 batteries worth!).

I've personally haven't fly for more than a month now.

Hi xagoras and many thanks for your explanation. I did not know that it is that serious and hard in Greece. Hope that all will very soon get better when you get the vaccine. I look forward to go to Karadamena in Kos island. A very small and cosy little town.
2020-12-13
Use props
xagoras
lvl.4
Greece

kyalami Posted at 12-13 01:21
Hi xagoras and many thanks for your explanation. I did not know that it is that serious and hard in Greece. Hope that all will very soon get better when you get the vaccine. I look forward to go to Karadamena in Kos island. A very small and cosy little town.

Haven't been to Kos my self, but I hear it's beatiful. If you have the time you should visit Crete. You'll be amazed by the diversity of the landscape and the hospitality of the people.
2020-12-13
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crete is great.  I spend a lot of time there and have worked there (i visit every year as well including in August/September this year).
Spectacular scenery and Greek food is the best in Europe by a long way.
Greece does currently have an insanely strict lockdown for no clear reason.  Given you need permission to even go for a walk any drone flying is not going to be an option for a while.
2020-12-13
Use props
xagoras
lvl.4
Greece

gnirtS Posted at 12-13 15:00
Crete is great.  I spend a lot of time there and have worked there (i visit every year as well including in August/September this year).
Spectacular scenery and Greek food is the best in Europe by a long way.
Greece does currently have an insanely strict lockdown for no clear reason.  Given you need permission to even go for a walk any drone flying is not going to be an option for a while.

The reason is that our health system, is at it's full capacity unfortunately, even with the lockdown in effect. If we weren't in ''lockdown'' status we could live situations like Italy did last April.
2020-12-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Marty,

Tasos is back with a highlights video.  Give it a try again.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-12-14
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

xagoras Posted at 12-13 16:27
The reason is that our health system, is at it's full capacity unfortunately, even with the lockdown in effect. If we weren't in ''lockdown'' status we could live situations like Italy did last April.

Seems like a monumental failure given how long they had to prepare.

What % capacity is it normally at this winter?
2020-12-14
Use props
xagoras
lvl.4
Greece

gnirtS Posted at 12-14 03:32
Seems like a monumental failure given how long they had to prepare.

What % capacity is it normally at this winter?

According to the government we have round 1200 intensive care beds. But they are understaffed, so the true number is somewhere around 600. If you look at the numbers over the last 15 days, we have constantly a number of around 600 under intensive care treatment, which means that we have reached full capacity. Thus the rise in daily deaths.

Basically people die without the chance to get intensive care treatment. It's outraging if you think about it.
2020-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules