Whole lotta shaken goin on (prop holder?)
811 9 2020-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Had flown a few days ago, everything went fine, did not hit a thing, not even a blade of grass.
Stored the mini2 with the strapon prop holder for a couple days, charged up and went flying ... the only video I shot was this;

(example of severe shaking)

I inspected each of the 8 propellers under magnification, and there was no visible damage.

So, I changed all 8 props last night, left the prop strap OFF and will see if it improves.
I'm wondering if anyone else has thoughts on these mini2 prop holders?  

As tight as they hold, with no recess for the props, I wonder if they are changing the pitch of the prop when stored.

3.JPG
2.JPG 1.JPG

2020-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The rear props tend to deform as the weight of the drone sits on them.
2020-12-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

We need zbip's expert analysis on this, if the props are neatly resting against/under the strap loosely  that should be fine, if the props are pressed/wedged under the strap tight then deformation could occur.

Watching the video I see clear vibration, I think it could of been the gimbal motors, could be a loose screw or extra material on one of the props causing an imbalance/vibration, you should of changed one set at a time to figure out what/where the vibration was coming from.

Let us know if changing all the props helped or not.
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_F8NERRlBIjoJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Have had my Mini 2 since launch day, always, ALWAYS stored with the prob holders as received in the Flymore combo. Performed dozens of flights, not one hint of any trouble or shaking issues whatsoever!  Looks like you got a defective drone. The prop holder for the Mini 2 is great and causes no deformity in the props whatsoever.
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_F8NERRlBIjoJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-5 02:03
The rear props tend to deform as the weight of the drone sits on them.

We are discussing the Mini 2 here, not the Mini 1 and its Flymore case that caused issues.
2020-12-5
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

This doesn’t look like the vibration issue I had with my Mini 1, the vibration induced a very subtle jello effect on the recorded video, yours looks far more aggressive, almost like the gamble is malfunctioning.  Did you try a gimbal calibration before changing the props?
2020-12-5
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 12-5 03:46
This doesn’t look like the vibration issue I had with my Mini 1, the vibration induced a very subtle jello effect on the recorded video, yours looks far more aggressive, almost like the gamble is malfunctioning.  Did you try a gimbal calibration before changing the props?

I did not.  Had to do that to MM1, but the gimble was much more mechanically jittery.
Have to test this out today with the new props on and see ... thanks for replies.
2020-12-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps the props were pressed down too hard in the prop holder
2020-12-5
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

New props flew great.
Now I'm hesitant to use the strap-on holder, but do like it's functionality.
Maybe I just need to modify the wrap holder to make room for the props, as it sits now .. no matter what, you have to smoosh them when you use that.
Really easy on my stuff, not like I threw it down a hill to test it haaa
, no shake, and no gimbal calibration.

5th story - 26 degrees F

5th story - 26 degrees F

2020-12-5
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

hunterws Posted at 12-5 14:57
New props flew great.
Now I'm hesitant to use the strap-on holder, but do like it's functionality.
Maybe I just need to modify the wrap holder to make room for the props, as it sits now .. no matter what, you have to smoosh them when you use that.

Thanks for sharing the problem and also the solution!
2020-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules