1732 26 2020-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217064 ft
France

Hey guys,

Any plan to see ActiveTrack on this new DJI Mini 2 ?
Their Spark already got it and it'll be nice to see it coming to this Mini 2, I hope it will come on a next update!

Sorry if it was already posted, can you tell me if there is a feature request somewhere to vote for it ?

Fly safe.

2020-12-4
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

Urmmm.. Maybe it would be released with MM3
2020-12-4
Use props
Dga
lvl.2
France

Superfly- Posted at 12-4 12:10
Urmmm.. Maybe it would be released with MM3

I hope not
2020-12-4
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

Dga Posted at 12-4 12:36
I hope not
You certainly doesn't hope so but it's obvious that it's not released for MM2 because front and upper sensor are not attached yet..
2020-12-4
Use props
Dga
lvl.2
France

Superfly- Posted at 12-4 14:29
You certainly doesn't hope so but it's obvious that it's not released for MM2 because front and upper sensor are not attached yet..

Thanks for your answer!
What do you mean by "sensor ar enot attached yet" ?

Their spark got activetrack and there is only 1 sensor.
2020-12-4
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

Dga Posted at 12-4 14:37
Thanks for your answer!

I mean there's only sensor facing downwards installed no additional sensor added in MM2
2020-12-4
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

Dga Posted at 12-4 14:37
Thanks for your answer!

I don't know.. Certain angle sensors are crucial for obstacle avoidance to prevent craft from crashing according to DJI..
2020-12-4
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

This and other functions can be added through a newer firmware like the MPP or M2 series. May be DJI could do that.
2020-12-4
Use props
Dga
lvl.2
France

Yea I hope they will add it on a next firmware update.
Another example, their Mavic Air 2 got it too and their ads focus this feature but there is no sensor on his side
2020-12-4
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

dji mini 2 has no sensors arround, not even 1 on the front. Don't expect active track on this one. If you want to have active track I am affraid you need to buy a bigger one.

DJI is not going to risk the claims of people using active track on a drone that has no obstical avoidance at all. Maybe a third version of the mini cold have avoidance sensors on the front, if they can compensate the extra weight somehow to stay under the 250g barrier. But I don't see active track coming to Mini or Mini 2.

It's a great drone for it's price, but it got it's limitations too.

2020-12-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

My opinion on this subject:
DJI will not add active tracking on any drone that does not have the sensors or performance to support that. In my opinion, even the MA2 is borderline in that respect because my experience with active tracking is slightly disappointing, perhaps because I expect too much. And there is the issue. The customer will expect it to be perfect and that won't happen without the best hardware...and a higher price.
2020-12-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dga. Thank you for your interest in DJI. Currently, the function you mentioned is unavailable for the DJI Mini 2. We will note down your feedback, and hand it over to the product team. DJI has always valued feedback from every DJI user and we are committed to bringing a better user experience to our users. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-12-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-5 02:08
Hi, Dga. Thank you for your interest in DJI. Currently, the function you mentioned is unavailable for the DJI Mini 2. We will note down your feedback, and hand it over to the product team. DJI has always valued feedback from every DJI user and we are committed to bringing a better user experience to our users. Thank you for your continued support!

I look forward to seeing it in the Mini 3

As for any discussion on as to Why it won't, read this: Mavic Mini Active track
2020-12-5
Use props
dsam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8360 ft
United States

There could at least be an option to keep a selected subject in frame (for photos and video) while controlling the drone with the sticks manually. This is already what happens when preparing for a Quickshot: if a subject is selected, the pilot can move the drone around them while the drone automatically keeps the subject in frame, conversely, if the subject moves, the drone will follow them -- so maybe enable that for regular video mode.
2021-3-22
Use props
arczi79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148 ft
Australia

Dga Posted at 2020-12-4 14:56
Yea I hope they will add it on a next firmware update.
Another example, their Mavic Air 2 got it too and their ads focus this feature but there is no sensor on his side

You will have to downgrade to DJI Mavic Mini 1 - it has third party apps that provide that feature. DJI doesn't know how to do that without sensors.
2021-3-22
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Since the MM2 can keep an object centered in Quickshot mode and does not need any sensors for this, because this function is implemented via GPS from the drone and image information from the APP, this should also be done for "Active Track" under the same conditions (the pilot must be careful that there are no obstacles in the way) work. So it's just a question of whether DJI would like to realize that ...
What the customer expects is a different story - DJI shouldn't even sell a drone like the MM2. Obviously it is of no use that the functions are described very precisely - nobody seems to read them, otherwise there would not be many questions here ...
2021-3-22
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

In short it's a joke not to have active track capability on the MM2!

• Missing sensors is not really an argument for not adding active track to the MM2 as you allready have the quick shots doing autonomous flight
  • The drone has the ability to do active track as the functionality is allready used on the quick shots
  • If it's not added the MM2 will definitely be my last DJI drone
2021-3-23
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Turfolk Posted at 3-23 01:07
In short it's a joke not to have active track capability on the MM2!

People have been shouting for it since the first second after the Mini 1 appeared. Mini 1 and 2 will definitely not get it, maybe a Mini 3 or better said the Flyapp for the Mini 3.
2021-3-23
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

jonny007 Posted at 3-23 01:23
People have been shouting for it since the first second after the Mini 1 appeared. Mini 1 and 2 will definitely not get it, maybe a Mini 3 or better said the Flyapp for the Mini 3.

Yes, that is a good point as this is not even a functionality on the drone. It's in the app and it's allready there!
2021-3-23
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

"Funny" - You buy a drone whose range of functions is NOT listed as Activ Track and then complain that it is so and threaten that it would be the last DJI drone ?!
Why didn't you buy a DJI drone with Active Track listed in its range of functions, e.g. the Air 2?

If DJI ever adds this feature for the MM2 in the APP, it will be nice (and yes, I wish so too) - if not, it was clear from the start that it would be ...

PS: We are certainly all interested in which other drone (brand) is available for the price, in the smallness and low weight with the range of functions (2k7 60FPS, 4K30FPS) AND Active Track. Maybe this will also be my next drone
2021-3-23
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

ozoffi Posted at 3-23 05:43
"Funny" - You buy a drone whose range of functions is NOT listed as Activ Track and then complain that it is so and threaten that it would be the last DJI drone ?!
Why didn't you buy a DJI drone with Active Track listed in its range of functions, e.g. the Air 2?

Activetrack sucks, I never seen or heard anyone who has used it in real life situations. It's always in a parking lot i calm weather usually keeps tracking for less than 2minutes.

Mini2 will never have it onboard. Onboard is usually better, but with some of the newer alg I've tried it seems to be doable on the phone. I've tried YoloV4, which will change the future, as they say :-) It's _very_ good, can be trained for look for a specific person :-)

So I ended up with doing one followme app myself. If dji release SDK for the mini it will work out of the box.

Some films from my testing. Completly autonomous. Drone starts, flies and lands by itself. No human interaction or supervision.

2021-3-23
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

the MM2 don't have this mode "active track". It is possible to track with litchi app or dronelink, but it is still not the same,like dji installed it in their software. I think it won't give an update for MM2.
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_Aq6ZJJKkRQQR
lvl.1

United States

What do I need to do to the drone/controller/app to delete my info when selling my mavic mini.  I upgraded to the mini 2
2021-3-23
Use props
arczi79
lvl.3
Australia

MM Pilot Posted at 3-23 08:31
the MM2 don't have this mode "active track". It is possible to track with litchi app or dronelink, but it is still not the same,like dji installed it in their software. I think it won't give an update for MM2.

FYI: litchi and dronelink doesn't work with MM2. DJI didn't release SDK for MM2 so support of that drone can't be added to any third party app.
2021-3-23
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-5 02:08

With the help of third-party software, ActiveTrack works great on the DJI Mavic Mini!
DJI is careful not to include this feature on the more advanced DJI Mini 2. And users do not experience any problems and air accidents have not increased and drone crashes have not become more and even as much as DJI Mavic Mini had in the first months after its release!

And I am more than sure that DJI will block this opportunity specifically to harm us!
2021-3-24
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Dga Posted at 2020-12-4 14:37
Thanks for your answer!

Spark has front and bottom sensors.
Mini 2 only has bottom
2021-3-24
Use props
arczi79
lvl.3
Australia

As I wrote already - DJI doesn't know how to do it. Third party software for MM1 has active track functionality. New FIMI X8 has active track functionality:
https://dronedj.com/2021/04/02/fimi-releases-the-x8-mini-a-sub-250-gram-drone-with-a-catch/
Shame for DJI.
2021-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules