Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robertionescu_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555482 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Hi all,

I have a little question regarding the GEO Locations which are able to unlock by myself.

I have bought the MA2 this year in June and my Home is in an Authorization Zone. I tried to fly it and after a couple of seconds the drone started to land causes by the GEO zone.
I checked it on the DJI Map and it was marked as blue authorization zone, so I thought I can unlock it, but it did not worked for some reason I dont know.
So, I thought that I will never be able to fly around my place.

Yesterday I was playing a bit around with my drone inside my house (so there was no GPS, which would force the drone to land), but somehow the drone managed to get a couple of GPS satellites and I got again the message that I am inside an authorization zone. BUT this time a new Popup appeared on my Phone inside the DJI Fly App which asked me if I want to unlock this GEO Zone. I pressed Unlock and I received a Code via SMS, I entered the Code in the Fly App and suddenly the Zone was unlocked and I was able to Fly outside.

Can anyone explain me this situation? Was the unlock not available because I was a new pilot when I bought the drone? I mean I am really happy that I can test the drone directly at my place without driving away, but I am also curious about this behaviour.

2020-12-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, robertionescu_. Thanks for your inquiry. Regarding the first instance, we recommend that you check whether your FlySafe Database (can be check by going to the About Tab) is updated and you have an internet connection during that to have the Authorization Zone properly unlocked. If you encounter any issue unlocking it using your mobile device, you can perform a Scheduled Self-Unlocking instead: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock
2020-12-5
Use props
robertionescu_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555482 ft
  • >>>
Austria

The Database was always up to date. I have usually tried a couple of months ago to unlock the same zone from Mobile Device and from Ccomputer as scheduled unlock and none of them worked. Now, some months later the same zone is unlockable via mobile phone but not on a computer as scheduled unlock.

Here a screenshot of the Zone:
2020-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules