Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does carbon propellers make any difference on performance and sound reduction?
991 6 2020-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

After I watched videos from YouTube and from the information I read from the Internet that has put a lot of credit and recommendations on carbon made materials, I'm planning to get my MM a set of carbon propellers. Before I made my purchase, Im just want to be made assured that I've made the wise decision which I will not regret.. May I know what's the benefits and advantages for  carbon propellers compared with plastic one?
2020-12-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Superfly. We appreciate your inquiry but sadly, we don't have any information regarding this, and to have it corrected, the Mavic Mini's propeller is made of glass fiber reinforced nylon.
2020-12-5
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Apart from posting in the wrong category....be assured that DJI optimized the propellers as far as possible.
So, do not expect a measurable performance advantage.
Carbon props look cooler, though :-)

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-12-5
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

Wolferl Posted at 12-5 03:03
Apart from posting in the wrong category....be assured that DJI optimized the propellers as far as possible.
So, do not expect a measurable performance advantage.
Carbon props look cooler, though :-)

It's not about the appearance that I seek though.. I mean if carbon propellers could reduced the noise and more durable than the original carbon nylon then why not, right? Moreover the original propeller can be deformed easily.. I'll take a picture of mine and post it below for you to see the deformation of my propeller for no reason.
2020-12-5
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-5 01:53
Hi, Superfly. We appreciate your inquiry but sadly, we don't have any information regarding this, and to have it corrected, the Mavic Mini's propeller is made of glass fiber reinforced nylon.

The comparison between the new propeller which is unattached with the one attached on the arm..
IMG_20201206_044543.jpg
IMG_20201206_044518.jpg
IMG_20201206_044747.jpg
2020-12-5
Use props
0Stephan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451631 ft
United States

Superfly- Posted at 12-5 12:43
It's not about the appearance that I seek though.. I mean if carbon propellers could reduced the noise and more durable than the original carbon nylon then why not, right? Moreover the original propeller can be deformed easily.. I'll take a picture of mine and post it below for you to see the deformation of my propeller for no reason.

The nylon ones are optimized for less breakage, as they have some flex in them. Carbon props are stiff and therefore will break easier if you manage to fly your drone into something. you can see in this video that the original props saved the day. https://youtu.be/6zHegXvEwdI?t=942
2020-12-17
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why are you posting Mavic Mini on the Spark thread!
2020-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules