Mavic Air 2 Controller Won't Connect
19792 37 2020-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jusnice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66178 ft

United States

Hello, so today i updated my mavic air 2 to the latest firmware and when i try to connect my controller i keep getting a message saying that the controller isn't connecting. I never had any problems at all and no kind of accidents with my drone, its in very good condition except for this problem i've run into. Has this happened to anyone out there after updating and if so can you help me with my problem?

2020-12-4
Use props
fans5698ab2b
New
Flight distance : 4705 ft
United States

it seems same problem on Marvic Pro. I have Marvic Pro used less than 3 hours. Last week DJI's software update totally bricks my RC controller. it works fine before update.
2020-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi jusnice, may I know if you have tried to link the drone and RC? Please refer to the tutorial below and check if this solves your case.
2020-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans5698ab2b Posted at 12-4 14:58
it seems same problem on Marvic Pro. I have Marvic Pro used less than 3 hours. Last week DJI's software update totally bricks my RC controller. it works fine before update.

I am sorry to hear about the issue, could you please tell me more details about the issue you have with your Mavic Pro controller? If it is disconnected from the aircraft, please try to relink the drone and RC.
Please let me know if this is not the issue. Thank you.
2020-12-4
Use props
jusnice
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-4 19:44
Hi jusnice, may I know if you have tried to link the drone and RC? Please refer to the tutorial below and check if this solves your case. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAjZQfMhNA

yes i've tried this and my issue is when i go to control and press connect to aircraft it keeps saying remote controller not connected but i have the power on and it is connected by wire to my phone and the drone is on and i've held the power button on the drone so it is in syncing mode. This happened after i updated the firmware update before this it was fine.
2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jusnice Posted at 12-5 05:49
yes i've tried this and my issue is when i go to control and press connect to aircraft it keeps saying remote controller not connected but i have the power on and it is connected by wire to my phone and the drone is on and i've held the power button on the drone so it is in syncing mode. This happened after i updated the firmware update before this it was fine.

Hi there, thank you for getting back with the details. Just to double confirm, the controller and mobile device are not connected with each other, right?

Please check if the DJI Fly app has been updated to the latest version as well, you can try to reinstall the app (please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation).

And please check if the mobile device has a recognized reaction when you connect it with the controller. If there is no reaction at all, please try a different cable, if you have a different mobile device, please also try with that to isolate the problem.

If the issue persists, please provide a video of the issue and the mobile device info for better confirmation. Thank you.
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_cXrgDvIWBSeJ
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-5 19:15
Hi there, thank you for getting back with the details. Just to double confirm, the controller and mobile device are not connected with each other, right?

Please check if the DJI Fly app has been updated to the latest version as well, you can try to reinstall the app (please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation).

I am having the same issue with a brand new Mini 2 purchased yesterday. App says "RC not connected to mobile device" Makes a new drone worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FYI I have the Mini 2 with a Samsung S10+
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_cXrgDvIWBSeJ
New
United States

Same here with a Mini 2 purchased yesterday. RC wont connect to mobile device with Samsun S10+. HELP!!!!!!! And yes Ive watched every video and read every article. I have uninbstalled and reinstalled DJI Fly. I even manuaaly paired the drone to teh RC without the App using the quick connect buttons. Still not connection between RC and mobile device.
2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_cXrgDvIWBSeJ Posted at 12-6 10:02
I am having the same issue with a brand new Mini 2 purchased yesterday. App says "RC not connected to mobile device" Makes a new drone worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FYI I have the Mini 2 with a Samsung S10+

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about the issue, could you please check if the mobile device recognizes the connection when you connect it with the controller via the cable?
2020-12-7
Use props
jusnice
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-5 19:15

Hello, so i borrowed someone else's phone and it worked on their phone. My current phone, samsung s7, uses the standard micro USB connector and the phone i borrowed is the samsung galaxy a50 which uses the USB type-c connector. Could it be the wire i used for my S7 is faulty or the phone itself?
2020-12-7
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I dont think its the wire , it was working before the update , I have the same problem with Air 2 and it seem that i willl have to send back my product and have to pay even if its under warranty.This is b*******
Ipad or S20 doent link with a few different wire . They have a problem and we have to pay for it ....
2020-12-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jusnice Posted at 12-7 05:57
Hello, so i borrowed someone else's phone and it worked on their phone. My current phone, samsung s7, uses the standard micro USB connector and the phone i borrowed is the samsung galaxy a50 which uses the USB type-c connector. Could it be the wire i used for my S7 is faulty or the phone itself?

Do you have another mobile device that has a micro USB port to test the same cable, or would you have a different cable to test with your S7 to help to isolate the issue?
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PeterPan007 Posted at 12-8 04:27
I dont think its the wire , it was working before the update , I have the same problem with Air 2 and it seem that i willl have to send back my product and have to pay even if its under warranty.This is b*******
Ipad or S20 doent link with a few different wire . They have a problem and we have to pay for it ....

Hi PeterPan007, may I know if you had sent the drone back and got the quotation? As per the system, the drone has not been received by us, our local team will check the issue when they receive the unit, if it is a warranty case, and within the warranty period, you don't need to pay the service.
2020-12-9
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 12-9 04:42
Hi PeterPan007, may I know if you had sent the drone back and got the quotation? As per the system, the drone has not been received by us, our local team will check the issue when they receive the unit, if it is a warranty case, and within the warranty period, you don't need to pay the service.

Yes I send it back , and you recieved it , I had the quotation for repair (even if its on warranty) the connector (USB-C) having a problem and DJI asked me $160 USD to repair it ! I dont know why its not on warranty ...
to have known this before it would have cost me $ 20 here in canada to have it repaired and I would not have had to wait over 1 month to get it back.
I am very disappointed with DJI, the drone is not even 7 months old and has hardly flown
2020-12-25
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

PeterPan007 Posted at 12-25 12:45
Yes I send it back , and you recieved it , I had the quotation for repair (even if its on warranty) the connector (USB-C) having a problem and DJI asked me $160 USD to repair it ! I dont know why its not on warranty ...
to have known this before it would have cost me $ 20 here in canada to have it repaired and I would not have had to wait over 1 month to get it back.
I am very disappointed with DJI, the drone is not even 7 months old and has hardly flown

You certainly got gouged going through DJI for an out of warrantee repair.  Your experience while unfortunate may help others in the future.
2020-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PeterPan007 Posted at 12-25 12:45
Yes I send it back , and you recieved it , I had the quotation for repair (even if its on warranty) the connector (USB-C) having a problem and DJI asked me $160 USD to repair it ! I dont know why its not on warranty ...

Hi, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I had checked the details of your case, as per the damage assessment, the upper and middle shell cracked, RC not connected to the app, the type-C socket contact pins damaged, these damages may not be covered under warranty if it is caused by the pilot. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I noticed that you have requested to remove the propellers, the local team will help to proceed with this during the working hours. If there are any further questions, please feel free to me know, I will do my best to help.
2020-12-26
Use props
AtortAloha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330479 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_cXrgDvIWBSeJ Posted at 2020-12-6 10:04
Same here with a Mini 2 purchased yesterday. RC wont connect to mobile device with Samsun S10+. HELP!!!!!!! And yes Ive watched every video and read every article. I have uninbstalled and reinstalled DJI Fly. I even manuaaly paired the drone to teh RC without the App using the quick connect buttons. Still not connection between RC and mobile device.

I had this being super persistent and connected the remote to the computer and brought into the Assistant 2 app and downgraded the firmware and then brought everything current again and that seemed to snap things into play and it paired successfully finally.  Try that.
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_5LFfnZcW9cQw
New
India

Hii,my mavic air 2 also have a similar issue. The controller just wont turn on or respond in anyway. If anyone could help it would great.
2021-8-3
Use props
djiuser_nqXuuVSMsmqr
New

United States

So I was having this issue as well and tried everything I could think of. After exhausting all the appearant options, I was poking around the settings and came across the "local data mode" setting. I toggled that on and miraculously the rc connected right away. Haven't had a problem since, even after toggling that setting off again. I don't know if this was a coincidence or how/why it might have helped, but it might be worth a shot seeing as how there are no consequences for trying it. Maybe it helps, maybe not. I hope it does though. I remember the frustration of spending nearly $1000 for something that is seemingly not functional. If you wanna give it a go, you open the dji fly app, click on profile>settings>privacy>local data mode. Good luck.
2021-8-24
Use props
djiuser_e4hki9ryjVaQ
lvl.1
Canada

Help me, Please!

I'm beside myself in frustration.

Purchased a new DJI Air 2s (Combo) in May 2021...I'm not a crazy person, so I have been gentle with it till I learn how to fly one. I took it to Europe middle of August, and did a few flight without incident. Came back the middle of September, and have not been able to connect the controller to the drone.

I've done everything, I can think of. 4sec depress, regular pairing, changed batteries, fully charged everything, uninstalled/re-installed DJI Fly, different phones, different C cables, update software, etc.

Right now, my new "paperweight" is sitting on my desk, solid green lights on front 2 arms, and rapid flashing amber lights on back arms....

Help me please!!!

Tom
2021-10-3
Use props
fans8e9cd348
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_nqXuuVSMsmqr Posted at 2021-8-24 18:20
So I was having this issue as well and tried everything I could think of. After exhausting all the appearant options, I was poking around the settings and came across the "local data mode" setting. I toggled that on and miraculously the rc connected right away. Haven't had a problem since, even after toggling that setting off again. I don't know if this was a coincidence or how/why it might have helped, but it might be worth a shot seeing as how there are no consequences for trying it. Maybe it helps, maybe not. I hope it does though. I remember the frustration of spending nearly $1000 for something that is seemingly not functional. If you wanna give it a go, you open the dji fly app, click on profile>settings>privacy>local data mode. Good luck.

Unfortunately, this did not work with my iPad Pro and my Mavic Air 2.  Bummer
2022-1-13
Use props
djiuser_06xYgNGq8obV
New

United States

I have this same issue! I just updated 2 nights ago and I was able to fly and now for the past couple days I can’t connect. Having the same issues. Drone is basically a couple months old and in perfect condition. No crashes no nothing.
Dji support is literally saying exactly what the app tells you to do. I’ve called and now looked up online and even on here you guys are saying the same thing. 1000$ for a few flights??? Dji needs to do somthing about this and not tell me what the app tells me to connect to drone.
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_06xYgNGq8obV
New

United States

djiuser_nqXuuVSMsmqr Posted at 2021-8-24 18:20
So I was having this issue as well and tried everything I could think of. After exhausting all the appearant options, I was poking around the settings and came across the "local data mode" setting. I toggled that on and miraculously the rc connected right away. Haven't had a problem since, even after toggling that setting off again. I don't know if this was a coincidence or how/why it might have helped, but it might be worth a shot seeing as how there are no consequences for trying it. Maybe it helps, maybe not. I hope it does though. I remember the frustration of spending nearly $1000 for something that is seemingly not functional. If you wanna give it a go, you open the dji fly app, click on profile>settings>privacy>local data mode. Good luck.

I’m going to give this a try. Your not even dji support and this seems like the best advice I’ve gotten so far. I’ll comeback if it worked. Thanks
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_06xYgNGq8obV
New

United States

djiuser_06xYgNGq8obV Posted at 6-24 11:36
I’m going to give this a try. Your not even dji support and this seems like the best advice I’ve gotten so far. I’ll comeback if it worked. Thanks

Yeah still not working. Worth a shot. It did show up in the corner that it was updating when I clicked it on and off but still no luck
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_46qbMQCDMhOE
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-12-4 19:44
Hi jusnice, may I know if you have tried to link the drone and RC? Please refer to the tutorial below and check if this solves your case. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAjZQfMhNA

My mavic air 2 has the same problem.Ever since I updated it my controller and aircraft will not sync
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_46qbMQCDMhOE Posted at 11-7 18:14
My mavic air 2 has the same problem.Ever since I updated it my controller and aircraft will not sync

Hi there, I am sorry to read about the issue you encountered. May I know if you have tried to relink the controller and aircraft as suggested above? Does the link procedure starts and fail at the end, or it fails at the beginning of the linking?

Please provide a video of the issue for me to check it further. Thank you.
2022-11-7
Use props
Neshco
lvl.1

Norway

Bought my very first drone in the life today. Mavic Air 2s, linked rc and drone successfully, batteries full etc, but my phone refused to connect despite all I tried from this post and other online. Even after upgrading firmware. Dji still have no clue about this issue? My phone is Huawei P30 Pro. Pretty much shame for such a company.
2023-4-15
Use props
Pattydazzler
New

Australia

Mavic Air 2, same same, was working fine then poooof like Magic! The controller and drone wont pair. Come on DJI get working on dome answers or give us our money back.
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_gNNA0IJ2oCrk
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2022-11-7 23:24
Hi there, I am sorry to read about the issue you encountered. May I know if you have tried to relink the controller and aircraft as suggested above? Does the link procedure starts and fail at the end, or it fails at the beginning of the linking?

Please provide a video of the issue for me to check it further. Thank you.

Since I cannot post a new thread I’m replying to this one. Air2 has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years, never crashed. Now will not “connect” using DJI Fly app to my iPhone 13pro (I’ve used the same phone many times). It said would not connect to controller, camera would not work. But I was able to take off using the controller and land (so how is it “not connected?”).  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (still doesn’t connect). I used an iPhone 12 and it worked, using the iPhone 12 I updated firmware on controller (normal controller) and air2, since I couldn’t update firmware using the iPhone 13pro since it would not “connect.” I then tried the iphone13pro again, no change.  Updated both iPhones to newest iOS 16.4.1.  iPhone 12 still works, iPhone 13pro does not.  When I plug in both iPhones I get a recognizable vibration indicating the cable is working fine.    Also this same issue is happening with a coworkers Air2s with his iphone13pro.   

Ideas?
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_gNNA0IJ2oCrk Posted at 4-22 04:06
Since I cannot post a new thread I’m replying to this one. Air2 has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years, never crashed. Now will not “connect” using DJI Fly app to my iPhone 13pro (I’ve used the same phone many times). It said would not connect to controller, camera would not work. But I was able to take off using the controller and land (so how is it “not connected?”).  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (still doesn’t connect). I used an iPhone 12 and it worked, using the iPhone 12 I updated firmware on controller (normal controller) and air2, since I couldn’t update firmware using the iPhone 13pro since it would not “connect.” I then tried the iphone13pro again, no change.  Updated both iPhones to newest iOS 16.4.1.  iPhone 12 still works, iPhone 13pro does not.  When I plug in both iPhones I get a recognizable vibration indicating the cable is working fine.    Also this same issue is happening with a coworkers Air2s with his iphone13pro.   

Ideas?

Hi there, sorry about this case. Could you please help to export the app log and a video of your connecting the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 Pro, (please display the iOS version, DJI Fly app version in the video)? I would love to forward your case to our engineers for further investigation.
Please check this link for the route to the app log.
Look forward to your reply.
2023-4-24
Use props
gemini78
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

fans5698ab2b Posted at 2020-12-4 14:58
it seems same problem on Marvic Pro. I have Marvic Pro used less than 3 hours. Last week DJI's software update totally bricks my RC controller. it works fine before update.

Hi, I have Mavic Air 2 I can't link to the remote. I press the power button on the battery until it beeps. but after beeps  the linking process on the battery suddenly stops
2023-5-31
Use props
djiuser_mKWISDfZq1BW
New
Flight distance : 4475 ft

United States

Hi there. I have a Mavic 2. The drone is not connecting to the controller. I have the latest updates. As soon as I did the latest update, the drone connected fine with the controller. I turned both off and immediately back on and they won’t connect to each other again.  I don’t know what to do.
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mKWISDfZq1BW Posted at 6-20 16:07
Hi there. I have a Mavic 2. The drone is not connecting to the controller. I have the latest updates. As soon as I did the latest update, the drone connected fine with the controller. I turned both off and immediately back on and they won’t connect to each other again.  I don’t know what to do.

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you try refreshing the firmware, reconnect, turn the drone off and back on and see if the issue persists? Please keep us updated.
2023-6-20
Use props
bellaimagehotmail.com
lvl.1

United States

AtortAloha Posted at 2021-4-30 19:33
I had this being super persistent and connected the remote to the computer and brought into the Assistant 2 app and downgraded the firmware and then brought everything current again and that seemed to snap things into play and it paired successfully finally.  Try that.

Have a Question about how you downgrade your firmware or updates? I am having the same problem and before I send it back to DJI I would like to try your fix.
2023-7-4
Use props
bellaimagehotmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Have a Question about how you downgrade your firmware or updates. I am having the same problem and before I send it back to DJI I would like to try your fix.
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bellaimagehotmail.com Posted at 7-4 09:45
Have a Question about how you downgrade your firmware or updates. I am having the same problem and before I send it back to DJI I would like to try your fix.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble with your drone. We normally advise keeping drones updated to the latest firmware however, if you would like to try downgrading the firmware of your drone, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer. Click here to get routed to the DJI Downloads center or just simply go to dji.com/downloads. Once installed, you will need to connect the drone to your computer using a USB-C cable, select the drone's model from the "connected devices" on DJI Assistant 2 and then select the "Firmware update" option from the left. There you will see the list of firmware updates wherein you will have the option to upgrade (if there is an available firmware upgrade), refresh, and downgrade. I hope this helps.
2023-7-10
Use props
djiuser_w4zFZhq3ZqTe
lvl.1

Sweden

I Have the same problem! There is no "list" with older firmwares. Only "current" is selectable. Tied to reinstall. Didn't work. What to Do!!!
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_w4zFZhq3ZqTe Posted at 7-23 13:39
I Have the same problem! There is no "list" with older firmwares. Only "current" is selectable. Tied to reinstall. Didn't work. What to Do!!!

Hi there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what's the model of your RC and aircraft? Also whats the current firmware are you into? I'll wait for your reply. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules