Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.FlyBit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 821421 ft
Germany

Hallo everybody,
as a brandnew user of OSMO Pocket 2, I do have the following question:
is it somehow possible to lock the Gimbal totally, so I can record a Aileron roll or a Looping, sittning in
an Aerobatic aircraft?
TNX
Michael

2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mr.FlyBit. We appreciate your inquiry. Currently, the DJI Pocket 2 only has 3 gimbal modes (Follow, Tilt Lock, and FPV), and neither of them allows you to lock all three axes simultaneously. Thanks for understanding!
2020-12-5
Use props
Mr.FlyBit
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-5 03:07
Hi, Mr.FlyBit. We appreciate your inquiry. Currently, the DJI Pocket 2 only has 3 gimbal modes (Follow, Tilt Lock, and FPV), and neither of them allows you to lock all three axes simultaneously. Thanks for understanding! [view_image]

Hi DJI Gamora,
Thanks for the reply, since you are saying that it is not possible currently, will there be a possibility in the future?!
2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mr.FlyBit Posted at 12-5 03:10
Hi DJI Gamora,
Thanks for the reply, since you are saying that it is not possible currently, will there be a possibility in the future?!

There is no confirmation currently but we'll forward your feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific to the DJI Pocket 2.
2020-12-5
Use props
Mr.FlyBit
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-5 03:34
There is no confirmation currently but we'll forward your feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific to the DJI Pocket 2.

Thank you very much and have a nice Chrismas time
2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mr.FlyBit Posted at 12-5 03:47
Thank you very much and have a nice Chrismas time

You're most welcome. Enjoy the holidays and Merry Christmas!
2020-12-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Er - of course it has full lock.  Hold down the function button.    That will keep the camera pointing in one direction, regardless of which direction the handle is moved in.  But there's two problems.  The gimbal has limits to the amount it can move relative to the handle.  Secondly, even in an airliner landing or taking off, the G force confuses the gimbal (for instance, the horizon goes crooked) and an Aerobatic  aircraft would probsbly cause the gimbal to be seriously confused.

Perhaps, though, you are thinking of FPV mode, so that when the aircraft is upside down, the ground will appear at the top of the picture and the sky beneath it.  But still, there would be problems.

I suggest you test full lock mode and FPV mode on the ground, just moving the handle relative to earth in the same way as would happen in the aircraft, and see which is the one you want.  Then try it in the plane, but be prepared for a disappointment!  
2020-12-5
Use props
Mr.FlyBit
lvl.4
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-5 04:30
Er - of course it has full lock.  Hold down the function button.    That will keep the camera pointing in one direction, regardless of which direction the handle is moved in.  But there's two problems.  The gimbal has limits to the amount it can move relative to the handle.  Secondly, even in an airliner landing or taking off, the G force confuses the gimbal (for instance, the horizon goes crooked) and an Aerobatic  aircraft would probsbly cause the gimbal to be seriously confused.

Perhaps, though, you are thinking of FPV mode, so that when the aircraft is upside down, the ground will appear at the top of the picture and the sky beneath it.  But still, there would be problems.

Thank you very much, I will try that next week. If it doesn't work, I will use my large Video Cam for aerobatics. have a nice holiday and a merry chrismas.
2020-12-5
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Mr.Flybit
The camera can do what you require. Set the gimbal mode to FPV. Hold it like a torch pointing forward. Move the gimbal head so it is pointing straight forward. You can now manually rotate the camera 360 deg or more. Alternatively use the supplied attachment to move the gimbal head left or right, but in this configuration it will have the effect of rotating the view. Unfortunately due to mechanical restrictions it is not possible to do a full 360 dog rotation by this method.
Hope this helps.
2020-12-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It all depends on whether the aim is to show the sky and earth rotating - FPV - or the plane and pilot rotating - full lock.  In the case of FPV I would have thought an action camera might do the job better (electronic stabilisation would not, I believe, be affected by G forces) but in the case of full lock, only a gimbal camera could do it, but might get confused.
2020-12-5
Use props
Mr.FlyBit
lvl.4
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-5 13:13
It all depends on whether the aim is to show the sky and earth rotating - FPV - or the plane and pilot rotating - full lock.  In the case of FPV I would have thought an action camera might do the job better (electronic stabilisation would not, I believe, be affected by G forces) but in the case of full lock, only a gimbal camera could do it, but might get confused.

Thanks, I will try it soon, for the time the weather is to bad for aerobatics.
2020-12-7
Use props
Mr.FlyBit
lvl.4
Germany

northaal Posted at 12-5 12:36
Hi Mr.Flybit
The camera can do what you require. Set the gimbal mode to FPV. Hold it like a torch pointing forward. Move the gimbal head so it is pointing straight forward. You can now manually rotate the camera 360 deg or more. Alternatively use the supplied attachment to move the gimbal head left or right, but in this configuration it will have the effect of rotating the view. Unfortunately due to mechanical restrictions it is not possible to do a full 360 dog rotation by this method.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that next time I fly.
2020-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules