Problems with understanding repair process on my Phantom 4 Pro +RC
1142 13 2020-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans36002726
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11486 ft
United States

I purchased a "used/like new" remote controller since the original one for my Phantom 4 Pro + battery died. The only issue I found on the unit once I received it was the right antenna was loose and would not stay in any position but completely down. I notified the seller and he instructed me to send it to the DJI repair facility in California. I live in Florida. I got notification that they received the unit along with the description of the antenna being loose. Next thing I get is an invoice for not just repairing the antenna, but replacing the video monitor as well. I tried communicating with the repair shop, but I never did receive any response to my countless inquiries as to why the monitor had to be replaced when the only problem was the antenna was loose.

Has anyone ran into anything similar with their controller? Have you had any problems with the repair shop not responding to your request for information utilizing the link provided to communicate with them? I sent in my original controller a month or so ago to get an estimate on repairing/replacing the monitor and the battery since when I tried to change the battery, the ribbon for the monitor fell apart when I tried to remove it. Is it possible that this also happened if they had to remove this ribbon to replace the antenna? If so, why should I be responsible for paying for defective equipment on the part of DJI? Needless to say, I'm somewhat confused and very much frustrated about this situation. I will think long and hard before I purchase anything else from DJI.

Confused in Florida
2020-12-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome !! , I hope a moderator clarifies your doubts as soon as possible
2020-12-5
Use props
fans36002726
lvl.1
United States

JetSam Posted at 12-5 10:53
Welcome !! , I hope a moderator clarifies your doubts as soon as possible

Thank you. I hope so too!
2020-12-5
Use props
fans36002726
lvl.1
United States

Can someone tell me if the Phantom 4 Pro + is the same as the now v 2.0? I have been away from this forum for a while.

Thanks in advance
2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. I had checked the case and please allow me to clarify the case, we received a Phantom 4 Pro + controller as well as an extra monitor for the Phantom 4 Pro controller, the quotation included:
1. The antennas repair of the Phantom 4 Pro+ controller;
2. The damaged wires of the extra monitor (the wires were broken when we received it);
3. The service fee.
Since the built-in controller is beyond the warranty period, I am sorry that the warranty may not be able to cover it.
Regarding the email inquiry, just to clarify, the quotation email was sent by the system. If there is any assistance needed, please contact our support by email at any time, or online chat and phone call during the working hours as suggested in the quotation email, it is not suggested to reply to the system email. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
I noticed that the payment was confirmed, if you have further concerns, please feel free to let me know, I will do my best to help.

2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans36002726 Posted at 12-5 14:23
Can someone tell me if the Phantom 4 Pro + is the same as the now v 2.0? I have been away from this forum for a while.

Thanks in advance

Just to clarify, the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 controller is not able to be used with Phantom 4 Pro, the transmission systems are not the same.
2020-12-5
Use props
fans36002726
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-5 20:17
Just to clarify, the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 controller is not able to be used with Phantom 4 Pro, the transmission systems are not the same.

I apparently used the same box that my original controller was sent back to me in. I did not mean to send the old monitor. The repair request was to repair or replace the right side antenna. I made no mention of repairing or replacing the monitor since it was not damaged when I shipped it. I should have been notified of the discrepancy between the repair request and the fact that the old monitor was included in the box by mistake. Why would DJI replace a perfectly good monitor that was attached to the controller without first contacting the customer first? I tried several times to contact the repair department through the support email attempting to get that question answered but never heard back from anyone. I still have the emails that I sent if you would like to see them.
Who should I elevate this to for an answer? The monitor was in pristine condition when I wrapped the unit in bubble wrap and shipped it to DJI.
2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans36002726 Posted at 12-6 00:56
I apparently used the same box that my original controller was sent back to me in. I did not mean to send the old monitor. The repair request was to repair or replace the right side antenna. I made no mention of repairing or replacing the monitor since it was not damaged when I shipped it. I should have been notified of the discrepancy between the repair request and the fact that the old monitor was included in the box by mistake. Why would DJI replace a perfectly good monitor that was attached to the controller without first contacting the customer first? I tried several times to contact the repair department through the support email attempting to get that question answered but never heard back from anyone. I still have the emails that I sent if you would like to see them.
Who should I elevate this to for an answer? The monitor was in pristine condition when I wrapped the unit in bubble wrap and shipped it to DJI.

I understand your request, and I have escalated your case to the assigned department for further follow-up, we will have someone contact you soon during working hours. If other assistance is needed for DJI Support, you can contact us at http://www.dji.com/support.
2020-12-6
Use props
fans36002726
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-5 20:17

I have the Phantom 4 Pro plus, or Is the “plus” designation no longer used? If it is still used, why do I not see it listed on any of the forms where you select the type of drone you have? There is the V2.0 and the phantom 4 Pro. In the future, based on this answer should I select the Phantom 4 Pro?
2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans36002726 Posted at 12-6 06:46
I have the Phantom 4 Pro plus, or Is the “plus” designation no longer used? If it is still used, why do I not see it listed on any of the forms where you select the type of drone you have? There is the V2.0 and the phantom 4 Pro. In the future, based on this answer should I select the Phantom 4 Pro?

Hi there, the "Plus" actually refers to the built-in screen controller, only the controller is different. If the issue is related to the drone, you can select Phantom 4 Pro.
2020-12-7
Use props
fans36002726
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-7 03:49
Hi there, the "Plus" actually refers to the built-in screen controller, only the controller is different. If the issue is related to the drone, you can select Phantom 4 Pro.

Thank you so much for explaining this to me. Since my original controller became inoperable I stopped logging into the forum. On hindsight I should have continued if for nothing more than to keep up with events and new models. Again, I am sure my questions have probably been asked and answered before, so I thank you again for your time and support!!!
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans36002726 Posted at 12-7 07:32
Thank you so much for explaining this to me. Since my original controller became inoperable I stopped logging into the forum. On hindsight I should have continued if for nothing more than to keep up with events and new models. Again, I am sure my questions have probably been asked and answered before, so I thank you again for your time and support!!!

My pleasure to help, if there is anything else we can help with, please feel free to contact me or our support at any time, we are glad to help.
2020-12-9
Use props
fans36002726
lvl.1
United States

Susan, I just received an email from DJI Repair that my controller had been repaired and tested and would be shipped in 1 to 2 business days. What happened to my concerns about repairing an old monitor that was sent by mistake but was not mentioned on the repair request? I’ve not heard from anyone from “support” and the only communications I’ve received from DJI Repair is repair process in an email that will not take replies.
It looks to me that I have been swindled out of $282.00 by DJI. I’ve received nothing to make me think otherwise. I will not let this end here. They can ship my controller as stated, but this is not the end of this.
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans36002726 Posted at 12-9 04:59
Susan, I just received an email from DJI Repair that my controller had been repaired and tested and would be shipped in 1 to 2 business days. What happened to my concerns about repairing an old monitor that was sent by mistake but was not mentioned on the repair request? I’ve not heard from anyone from “support” and the only communications I’ve received from DJI Repair is repair process in an email that will not take replies.
It looks to me that I have been swindled out of $282.00 by DJI. I’ve received nothing to make me think otherwise. I will not let this end here. They can ship my controller as stated, but this is not the end of this.

I am deeply sorry for the late reply. Our supervisor is following your case, I hope your case will be sorted soon.
Besides, please click the "Reply" button if you reply to me so I can receive the reminder. Thank you.

2020-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules