DJI's NEW FPV QUAD is coming very soon!!
1239 11 2020-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Many GPS drone operators out there are going to LOVE the experience of FPV, but many won't know much about this side of the market until they venture into it, but the costs may be pretty high to get involved, so ensure that you know everything that you need to know before investing!

LEAKED FPV QUAD:

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DJI'S FPV QUAD/DRONE!

2020-12-5
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Its funny that there is so much content on this drone, yet DJI had said NOTHING about it.

My personal opinion us it is going to be BAD for FPV.  Lots of new cinema drone flyers, drunk on the power of 6S, unfamiliar with acro mode, and crashing into stuff and doing stupid things.  

I would have much preferred an Air Unit V2.

2020-12-5
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

mc54 Posted at 12-5 12:58
Its funny that there is so much content on this drone, yet DJI had said NOTHING about it.

My personal opinion us it is going to be BAD for FPV.  Lots of new cinema drone flyers, drunk on the power of 6S, unfamiliar with acro mode, and crashing into stuff and doing stupid things.  

Haha indeed, DJI aren't very good at keeping secrets these days!
2020-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure how soon is soon as its not been found in the FCC database yet.
2020-12-6
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

I'm posting this as an fpv pilot with 5+ years of experience.  When I started flying, I crashed all the time and broke MANY drones.  I also flew in places I probably shouldn't have, and only stopped when I had some close calls.  When you first start out, you are not always aware of the risks.

If you are considering the upcoming FPV drone and you are coming from a Mavic or Phantom, get yourself on a SIMULATOR right now, and start practicing ACRO mode.   It is completely different than what you are used to.  If you get at least two solid weeks of sim practice in it will ease your transition significantly.  Checkout Liftoff or Velocidrone.  

DJI, you guys might want to consider creating a new propietary simulator that mimics this new FPV drone's headset environment so new pilots can learn virtually without endangering their drones, other people, or property.

Basically, the FPV hobby doesn't need any more bad press.  Learn how to fly in advance and fly responsibly!
2020-12-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm curious what the price will be!
2020-12-6
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

$1500 for the full package.
2020-12-7
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

PAYBACK Posted at 12-7 22:14
$1500 for the full package.

That's a speculation price, but not based on any facts at the moment. Nobody at this time knows what the RRP will be.
2020-12-7
Use props
1adlucas59gmail.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15848209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will just drop this here
F6E96FE4-DA01-4646-B9D0-8613B4737E6C.jpeg
2020-12-13
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

Stange marketing decision by DJI not releasing this in time for Xmas.  Everyone will be broke in January!
2020-12-14
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

mc54 Posted at 12-5 12:58
Its funny that there is so much content on this drone, yet DJI had said NOTHING about it.

My personal opinion us it is going to be BAD for FPV.  Lots of new cinema drone flyers, drunk on the power of 6S, unfamiliar with acro mode, and crashing into stuff and doing stupid things.  

its dumb how many people are posting about it, first its not even been verified yet, secondly it looks terrible.

Remember when the regular dji drones first became super popular and a week later you started seeing every idiot flying one recklessly and crashing? well this is gonna be round 2 with 100x more crashes.

FPV drones do not need to be made for anyone to fly....the fact that they have such a learning curve forces the person to put in the time and patience it takes to learn to fly safely.

2020-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules