Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

I posted this as a reply to another thread but I think it's an issue and should be a looked into by DJI.

Let me first say that I think the OM4 is a fantastic gimbal for mobile phones.
I used it a lot with my iPhone XS Max and it was secure and snug fit. I'm sure this was the same experience for iPhone 11 users.
The magnetic clam was great and could easily hold the iPhone (with a case) and was very convenient for my use.

Now that the iPhone 12s have come with a new flat edge design there seems to be a growing number of people pointing out that the clamp doesn't hold the phone has securely. This is worse with a case. I found that either the top or bottom clamp would slowly reposition/slide.

Since the clamp is a modular attachment, I'm hoping DJI are going to release an updated clamp soon.

Please share your thoughts and images related to this below.

Thanks!

Clamp

Clamp
2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mini-G. Thanks for reaching out! Since the DJI OM4 was released earlier than the iPhone 12 series, we weren't able to add changes in the design of the Magnetic Phone Clamp. However, we appreciate your feedback and we'll have this forwarded to our developers. Hopefully, this could be considered. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI Official Website
2020-12-6
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 02:08
Hi, Mini-G. Thanks for reaching out! Since the DJI OM4 was released earlier than the iPhone 12 series, we weren't able to add changes in the design of the Magnetic Phone Clamp. However, we appreciate your feedback and we'll have this forwarded to our developers. Hopefully, this could be considered. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI Official Website

Thank you!

As mentioned it a great product and I’m still using it but cautiously.
2020-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 12-6 03:36
Thank you!

As mentioned it a great product and I’m still using it but cautiously.

There was a post of someone that bent the clamp slightly to straighten it out and that seemed to help a lot.
2020-12-6
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-6 05:05
There was a post of someone that bent the clamp slightly to straighten it out and that seemed to help a lot.

I saw that. That’s what I’m thinking of doing as a hack.
I am hoping people post images of their phones with similar issues and It doesn’t have to be with an iPhone 12.. The ultimate hope is that we can get DJI to see there are users that could benefit with a larger or slightly redesign clamp.
2020-12-6
Use props
Jojax
lvl.1
United States

It fits my iPhone 12 pro without a case or with a very slim plastic case and it seems pretty secure. Although an updated clamp would be nice so I don't have to switch cases to use the gimbal.
2020-12-6
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Jojax Posted at 12-6 17:45
It fits my iPhone 12 pro without a case or with a very slim plastic case and it seems pretty secure. Although an updated clamp would be nice so I don't have to switch cases to use the gimbal.

Nice!

Any chance you can post an image?
Also what case are you using?

Thanks, happy shooting!!
2020-12-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 12-6 12:16
I saw that. That’s what I’m thinking of doing as a hack.
I am hoping people post images of their phones with similar issues and It doesn’t have to be with an iPhone 12.. The ultimate hope is that we can get DJI to see there are users that could benefit with a larger or slightly redesign clamp.

Or maybe 3d print an insert for it.
2020-12-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-12-7
Use props
Advanced