iPhone without lightning port!!!
1342 7 2020-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

It's a long shot but what will we do, iPhone owners, if the new iPhone doesn't have lightning port???  How will we connect our drones???
2020-12-5
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I doubt Apple will do away with the Lightning Port.  

It is needed for diagnostics and other accessories.  When they changed from the 30 pin connector it was announced almost 2.5 years in advance and adapters were part of the master plan.  
2020-12-5
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It will probably USB C connector as you have on the new iPads , so you need new cable, USB C to USB C
2020-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-5 19:25
I doubt Apple will do away with the Lightning Port.  

It is needed for diagnostics and other accessories.  When they changed from the 30 pin connector it was announced almost 2.5 years in advance and adapters were part of the master plan.

Last time apple ran diagnotiscs when I was at the apple store they did it wirelessly.
2020-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect we'll be going back to a wifi connection when this happens and Im pretty sure it will.
2020-12-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-6 05:07
Last time apple ran diagnotiscs when I was at the apple store they did it wirelessly.

WiFi is way easier if the device can power on.  But in order to calibrate the components or pull diagnostics from a device that will not power on a physical connection is required.  
2020-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-6 08:44
WiFi is way easier if the device can power on.  But in order to calibrate the components or pull diagnostics from a device that will not power on a physical connection is required.

Apple dont do diags on devices that dont power on in store, they just replace if they are under warranty.
2020-12-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-6 09:25
Apple dont do diags on devices that dont power on in store, they just replace if they are under warranty.

I am talking about in the service centers.  Being literally down the street from Apple's Headquarters and doing development for IOS devices diagnostics over WiFi is extremely limited.  The capabilities are limited to initiating and pulling log files over WiFi and use a program call ToolKit 2.  In order to do a true hardware diagnostics the iPhone/iPad needs to boot using a proprietary OS that is run from a connected computer.  Also, a physical connection is needed to calibrate components after new hardware is installed.  Our Apple Stores here do diagnostics and repairs of dead devices that will not power on.  This may not be the case at other or most Apple Stores and maybe available here due to the close proximity.  
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules