Firmware update problem
1483 17 2020-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPL83380
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271952 ft
France

I have just bought today a mavic mini 2. Trying to use it, after activating it, I was obliged to upgrade the firmware. After that I have got an error message telling that take off is impossible because firmware are not compatible.... After trying to find the latest firmware on Profile, parameters, last update I have got a message saying that I was already using the last update.
Trying to update with assistant 2 on my computer, the device is NOT detected and upgrade impossible. My new device is inoperable....so pity
2020-12-5
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, not sure if this is the same issue.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766
2020-12-5
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Try the update of your controller, using the assistent. The controller can be updated with the Assistent, the drone itself can't.

You probably have an unconsistancy between drone, controller and/or battery. To update the battery will be asked when you startup aircraft and controller. Always start controller first then aircraft.
2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JPL83380. Sorry to read about the issue you're experiencing. Could you confirm the current version of your DJI Mini 2's firmware? Currently, the latest version would be v01.01.0000 for the aircraft and v02.00.1100 for the remote, and firmware can only be updated thru DJI Fly. You can find it under the About tab. If the firmware matches, you can disable Firmware Auto-Download restart everything, and manually check if an update is readily available. Should the same problem persists, let us know.
2020-12-5
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

JohnDG Posted at 12-5 19:01
Try the update of your controller, using the assistent. The controller can be updated with the Assistent, the drone itself can't.

You probably have an unconsistancy between drone, controller and/or battery. To update the battery will be asked when you startup aircraft and controller. Always start controller first then aircraft.
First, I want to thank you for your time taken for replying. Yes, I have tried this before annoying people of the forum with no success. I have also update the 3 batteries successfully but no way to solve the problem. It seems imputable to aircraft firware
Best regards
2020-12-6
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

JohnDG Posted at 12-5 19:01

I want to thank you about the time that you have wasted for replying to me. Yes, the current firware versions installed are the lasted from the website. I can send to you the export file from Assistant 2 that I have registred successfully on my laptop. But from now, using DJI FLY in profile, Parameters, I can try to check for a new upgrade only and I can't see the release numbers of devices, more over I cannot access to the device with assistant 2 as you mentionned to check the release number. The only I have is the log export. Best regards
2020-12-6
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

For the moment, to resume and to be precise, I would like to make the point:

I am still with a no functional new device, blocked after upgrading my device as required by DJI FLY Apps.  My device has NEVER FLY because after the upgrade, message "Incompatible firmware" is displayed and not allow me to take off.
All operations I have tried are the following :
1) Upgrade of the 3 batteries successfully
2) Upgrade thanks to assistant 2 of the remote controller (refresh) successfully 2.00.1101 release number
3) No way to upgrade device firmware but I have successfully export DAT file

Situation :
Blocked, never fly
2020-12-6
Use props
nasnat
lvl.2
France

JPL83380 Posted at 12-6 00:46
For the moment, to resume and to be precise, I would like to make the point:

I am still with a no functional new device, blocked after upgrading my device as required by DJI FLY Apps.  My device has NEVER FLY because after the upgrade, message "Incompatible firmware" is displayed and not allow me to take off.

This "CLUB" of disabled mini 2 is getting bigger and bigger... no solutions from dji so far.
2020-12-6
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

So sadd guys, you can't fly your Mini2.

I never liked upgrades thru wireless connections. Had sortlike problems with others products than DJI too.

The best solution would be wired upgrade or reinstall of the same firmware using the Assistant software. I hope DJI will release a version of it that can do this.

2020-12-6
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

JohnDG Posted at 12-6 02:19
So sadd guys, you can't fly your Mini2.

I never liked upgrades thru wireless connections. Had sortlike problems with others products than DJI too.

Unfortunately assistant 2 is not supporting mini 2 actually. There is no way to establish a wire connexion by this way.
Have a nice day
2020-12-6
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

nasnat Posted at 12-6 01:38
This "CLUB" of disabled mini 2 is getting bigger and bigger... no solutions from dji so far.

The more we will be, the more our problem have chance to be solve.
Hopping that DJI will work to find out an issue
2020-12-6
Use props
nasnat
lvl.2
France

JPL83380 Posted at 12-6 04:41
The more we will be, the more our problem have chance to be solve.
Hopping that DJI will work to find out an issue

Simplest way is to add Mini 2 to DJI Assistant 2.... not sure why they are taking so long with it
2020-12-6
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

nasnat Posted at 12-6 04:43
Simplest way is to add Mini 2 to DJI Assistant 2.... not sure why they are taking so long with it

Thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately DJI assistant 2 in the latest release is NOT compatible with the device, only REMOTE device.
That is the heart of the problem.
Have a nice day
2020-12-6
Use props
nasnat
lvl.2
France

JPL83380 Posted at 12-6 05:18
Thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately DJI assistant 2 in the latest release is NOT compatible with the device, only REMOTE device.
That is the heart of the problem.
Have a nice day

The suggestion wasn't for you... it was for DJI...
ME and you are on the same boat...
2020-12-6
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

nasnat Posted at 12-6 06:16
The suggestion wasn't for you... it was for DJI...
ME and you are on the same boat...

That's right... sorry for misunderstood
2020-12-6
Use props
nasnat
lvl.2
France

JPL83380 Posted at 12-6 06:18
That's right... sorry for misunderstood

Happy to inform that DJI distributer in my country (Israel) have collected the drone to check it out...
will update as soon as I have new information
2020-12-7
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

nasnat Posted at 12-7 03:02
Happy to inform that DJI distributer in my country (Israel) have collected the drone to check it out...
will update as soon as I have new information

Do you mean that in Israel the drone have to be exchanged by the distributor or that a release of firmware will be deployed soon?
Best regards
2020-12-7
Use props
nasnat
lvl.2
France

JPL83380 Posted at 12-7 03:23
Do you mean that in Israel the drone have to be exchanged by the distributor or that a release of firmware will be deployed soon?
Best regards

I hope they will replace it, I can't see any other option....
2020-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules