Spark not calibrating IMU
7390 6 2020-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hobbyshop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32769 ft
United States

I tried to fly my spark today. Couldn't even lift off. Said calibration was needed. Followed instructions, got to step #2 and it froze up . Any help please .
2020-12-5
Use props
Hobbyshop
lvl.3
United States

Here is a screen shot of my phone
Screenshot_20201205-195410.jpg
2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Hobbyshop, the drone needs to be placed in different ways in IMU calibration, please power off the drone, cool it down, power it on, refer to the tutorial below, and calibrate the IMU again.
2020-12-5
Use props
Hobbyshop
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-5 18:59
Hi Hobbyshop, the drone needs to be placed in different ways in IMU calibration, please power off the drone, cool it down, power it on, refer to the tutorial below, and calibrate the IMU again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pfcHyHFm8&t=1s

Susan
I have been wait for prompt to move the drone for calibration . It just gets to step 2 and stops.  
Thanks Michael
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_cBUrCxasC1TJ
New
Flight distance : 344849 ft
United States

I had a similar problem. My spark took off twice and then it said voltage error and a battery drop to zero and attempted to land the the first time it was able to land I tried another battery and it took off got approximately 30 feet in the air band it threw a voltage error and said it was going to return to the ground then the battery went to zero again and then it decided to fall to the Earth. Then I attempted to recalibrate the IMU and compass it would not allow me. I think this is likely due to a firmware update or some other nefarious strangeness as my spark was one of the most solid crafts I've ever flown
2020-12-12
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

djiuser_cBUrCxasC1TJ Posted at 12-12 15:47
I had a similar problem. My spark took off twice and then it said voltage error and a battery drop to zero and attempted to land the the first time it was able to land I tried another battery and it took off got approximately 30 feet in the air band it threw a voltage error and said it was going to return to the ground then the battery went to zero again and then it decided to fall to the Earth. Then I attempted to recalibrate the IMU and compass it would not allow me. I think this is likely due to a firmware update or some other nefarious strangeness as my spark was one of the most solid crafts I've ever flown

Unfortunately, the Sparks are getting older. The ribbon cables are oxidized. Read an earlier post about precisely such unexplained bugs and fixes. Read all my posts below as well.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2020-12-16
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

djiuser_cBUrCxasC1TJ Posted at 12-12 15:47
I had a similar problem. My spark took off twice and then it said voltage error and a battery drop to zero and attempted to land the the first time it was able to land I tried another battery and it took off got approximately 30 feet in the air band it threw a voltage error and said it was going to return to the ground then the battery went to zero again and then it decided to fall to the Earth. Then I attempted to recalibrate the IMU and compass it would not allow me. I think this is likely due to a firmware update or some other nefarious strangeness as my spark was one of the most solid crafts I've ever flown

Before disassembling, try this:
Once it worked (2 years earlier), I managed to correct the calibration error.If you need an little help:

2020-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules