New Mavic 2 Pro first flight (at night) behaves weirdly
258 1 2020-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob Mag
lvl.1

United States

Got my mavic 2 pro today and I went to an open parking lot for a quick test flight to make sure everything works well. It was at night but still with pretty sufficient street light.

I flew mavic pro previously so am pretty familiar with the operation. Found two weird things:
1. The first two take-offs, it ascended to about 2 feet high with the light on, but instead of hovering there, it started drifting away, dropping to the ground, and bumped twice on the ground then the propeller stopped.
2. I thought maybe it was due to the light environment close to the ground, so the 3rd time I asended it to about 10 feet after taking off. It didn't drop again, and was able to follow the control, but when I stopped the control to let it hover, it started to drift a bit. It was very weird and confusing since there wasn't any wind at all.

Luckily looks like the gimbal still works properly, but I am quite concerned. Has anyone experienced it? Thanks!
2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Rob Mag. We're sorry to read about your unfortunate experience. It is suggested to test it again during daylight to see if it makes any difference. In addition, please perform a quick IMU and Compass Calibration (preferably in an open location, away from metal and magnetic interference). Kindly ensure also that the aircraft has enough GPS signal before take-off, the vision system is working properly and all firmware is up to date.
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules