GPS Data Struggle
3210 5 2020-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianM
lvl.1

United States

Hello folks, we recently acquired a DJI Phantom 4 RTK SDK version and seem to be having a bit of trouble with the GPS information. In the user manual it says that the RAW satellite observations will be recorded during photogrammetry missions, however in using the "Photomap" option in GS PRO only images are recorded and there is no PPKRAW file or Timestamp file.

What functions will allow me to utilize the PPK data and should the Photomap function of GS PRO be considered a "photogrammetry mission"?

Additionally, we are working on setting up the drone to work with a Trimble GPS receiver for our RTK solutions but cannot seem to get the P4R to acknowledge the Trimble base. We have followed all of the guides on setting up the Trimble equipment to broadcast NTRIP and I don't believe that is the problem. In the GS PRO app, we have configured the RTK port on the aircraft to match the settings in the Trimble antenna but still do not receive any corrections.

I know this is a jam packed thread with multiple questions on two different issues, but perhaps someone has been in the same boat. If you have a solution to either please advise.

Thank you in advance and your information is greatly appreciated!

2020-12-6
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

Rinex data are stored on each mission folder (ie. 100_0004\100_0004_Rinex.obs). You can ppk with that file.

About the trimble ntrip... maybe first i would try to connect the p4rtk with some other ntrip service that i know it works. Then i'd try to connect with a personal ntrip service.

Remember to use mountpoint, sometimes i forget to type it.
2020-12-10
Use props
mag241
lvl.1

Russia

Hello!
We have similar problem with setting up DJI P4 RTK work with Trimble GNSS reciever (R10 or R10-2). According to the workflow, provided in the last "DJI + Trimble better together" webinar, everything should be quite straightforward - you just set up Ntrip caster via Wi-Fi on GNSS base station reciever an connect remote controller via Wi-Fi to it. However, we can't even connect our DJI P4 RTK and Trimble R10 to remote controller simultaneously. Moreover, when single RC is connected to R10 - there are no corrections throughout "Custom network" RTK option
2020-12-22
Use props
BrianM
lvl.1

United States

mag241 Posted at 12-22 23:49
Hello!
We have similar problem with setting up DJI P4 RTK work with Trimble GNSS reciever (R10 or R10-2). According to the workflow, provided in the last "DJI + Trimble better together" webinar, everything should be quite straightforward - you just set up Ntrip caster via Wi-Fi on GNSS base station reciever an connect remote controller via Wi-Fi to it. However, we can't even connect our DJI P4 RTK and Trimble R10 to remote controller simultaneously. Moreover, when single RC is connected to R10 - there are no corrections throughout "Custom network" RTK option

You need to be connected to the Trimble WiFi through the same controller you are using to fly the drone. To connect to your Trimble unit you have to enter the WebUI first and enable certain settings.  Of course, update your reference station to the known point you are occupying or use the here function for post processing at a later time.  Update the I/O configuration to enabled at the top check box, select your proper RTCM function, we have been successful in using RCTM3.2 in Florida, US. Set your mountpoint to whatever you would like, and at the bottom there is an "enable" function as well, and that one must be checked as well to broadcast the same as the top selections. Click OK.

When you open the DJI app, which only works with DJI Pilot on and android if you are using the SDK , navigate to the RTK setting. Your server is the Trimble IP address , should be the defualt 192.168.142.1, your port should be the port shown in the WebUI, the username and password is as you set it, and the mountpoint should match exactly as you set it in the WebUI.  Once you set those params, and hit save you should be able to watch your Standard Deviations drop to 0.01
2020-12-23
Use props
MaverickINSP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2204505 ft
Canada

Did you sort out your problems with the Trible R10 or R12. I recently synced up a Topconn HiperVR and got RTK corrections to work(Im using the M300). I can help you with your system integration problem.
2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_mRA5R3vUVIVX
New

Pakistan

4sight data centre audit professionals that can provide comprehensive auditing services that include all elements of your data centre facilities.  

Company name 4sight Technologies (Pvt) Ltd
Phone: 923008221603
Location: Suite # 2B, 45-C, 27th Street Tauheed Commercial Area DHA, Phase V, Ext. Karachi, Pakistan
4sighttechnologies2@gmail.com
Postal Code: 75500
2021-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules