Record button not working with Canon EOS R and Ronin RSC-2
6913 9 2020-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan_DML
lvl.1

Switzerland

Good afternoon,
I received yesterday my Ronin RSC-2. It's balanced and all works well at the exception of the record button. The autofocus doesn't work, it doesn't take pictures in photo mode and doesn't start filming in camera mode. It does work either trying from the apps on my iPhone (I get a message saying that I sould connect a cable to the RSS port). I tried several cables (the two I received in the box + one personal cable). I also tried to connect the EOR-R to a computer to check the connection and there it works perfectly.
The EOS R Firmware version is: 1.8.0 and the Firmware for the RSC-2 is 01.01.00.10 (I was prompted for an update at the start of the application).

Any idea?

Thank you and kind regards,
Daniel
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_KtBeor3MVFk9
lvl.1
Germany

Hey
2020-12-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, could you please try using the Ronin app to see if the virtual record button works? https://www.dji.com/sg/support/compatibility/rsc-2/eosr Please make sure the cable you used is correct.  

Thanks
2020-12-24
Use props
Jcanberra
New

U.S. Virgin Islands

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-24 06:24
Hello there, could you please try using the Ronin app to see if the virtual record button works? https://www.dji.com/sg/support/compatibility/rsc-2/eosr Please make sure the cable you used is correct.  

Thanks

Same issue, I have the Canon R5 and just purchased the DJI RSC2.  I am using the correct cable (USBC to USBC) plugged into the Ronin RSS port.  When I press Ronin Record button, it flashes on the camera record light and then stops recording.  Press again and I end up with "Err 70".  The virtual app does not record.  Is the product defective, if not, what is the solution?  Please advise.   
2020-12-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Jcanberra Posted at 12-24 12:32
Same issue, I have the Canon R5 and just purchased the DJI RSC2.  I am using the correct cable (USBC to USBC) plugged into the Ronin RSS port.  When I press Ronin Record button, it flashes on the camera record light and then stops recording.  Press again and I end up with "Err 70".  The virtual app does not record.  Is the product defective, if not, what is the solution?  Please advise.

Hello, currently the EOS R5/R6 cannot use this cable to control video recording in the Photo mode, otherwise it will easily crash. You can find more information of the camera control functions on https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rsc-2/eosr5

Thanks
2020-12-25
Use props
Jcanberra
New

U.S. Virgin Islands

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-25 02:00
Hello, currently the EOS R5/R6 cannot use this cable to control video recording in the Photo mode, otherwise it will easily crash. You can find more information of the camera control functions on https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rsc-2/eosr5

Thanks

Thank you, recording video resolved.
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Jcanberra Posted at 12-27 19:08
Thank you, recording video resolved.

Thanks for updating, feel free to reach out with us when you need assistance.

Cheers
2020-12-28
Use props
stuffi
New
Germany

I use Canon R5, sw 1.8.1 and RS2 sw. 01.05.20.
Movie recording is not starting from RS2 button. Otherwise everything is ok: In photo mode I can focus and shoot. In video mode I can only focus.
Could an admin help me debugging this issue, please? Thanks!

I tried also RS2 sw 01.04.20 , same result.
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

stuffi Posted at 8-28 03:00
Movie recording is not starting from RS2 button. Otherwise everything is ok: In photo mode I can focus and shoot. In video mode I can only focus.

Hello, there, Sorry for the inconvenience. We are consulting your issue with our engineers. We will get back to you later.
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

stuffi Posted at 8-28 03:00
Movie recording is not starting from RS2 button. Otherwise everything is ok: In photo mode I can focus and shoot. In video mode I can only focus.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response.
Please perform the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Reset the gimbal parameters and pair the camera with the gimbal again to have a test.  
2. Please use the virtual joysticks function in the DJI Ronin App in video mode and see whether it can trigger recording. If not, please record a video in which shows us you can not trigger the recording function by using the app or physical buttons on the gimbal.
3. Reset the camera settings.
2023-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules