Pocket 2 and External Microphone
4750 4 2020-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdw24601
New
United States

Does the usb-c port on the pocket 2 or the do it all handle support an external usb-c microphone like the shure sv-88?
2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there cdw24601. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle has a built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module, wireless mic receiver, and 1/4" threaded hole. Connect it to the DJI Mimo application via Wi-Fi and you can control DJI Pocket 2 from your smartphone. It can record sound wirelessly with the DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter, or connect to external earphones/headphones via the 3.5mm audio adapter. Thank you.
2020-12-6
Use props
Barryhendy
lvl.1
Australia

The answer to your question is 'Yes'. You do not have to buy the Do-it-all handle. I bought a cheap USB-c mic adaptor and it works fine. I cant vouch for all USB-C microphones, but it looks positive and certainly possible.
2023-9-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Barry hendy, are you sure about that?  I thought the big breakthrough in being able to use USB-C mics was with the Action 2.  But you refer to an adapter.  Perhaps you could specify exactly what you mean (in terms of what is connected to what and how).

I also have to take slight issue with DJI Stephen - he didn't mention that the 3.5mm socket is a mic input when used with a mic (not a USB one however) and a headphone/earphone output when that's what's connected (which itself is a rare trick in such equipment).

Personally I would respond to the original question with a simple "No".  But if it was the Action 2, the answer would be "Yes". (As for later model Actions, I suspect the answer would also be "Yes" but I don't have one to test).

2023-9-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

As of now (September 11th 2023) DJI Pocket 2 does not support external microphones through a direct USB-C connector. You can only use microphones with support for a 3,5mm audio cable output, and even then you will need either the Osmo Pocket 3,5mm to USB-C adapter (or similar compatible product, not all 3,5mm to USB-C adapters work with the Pocket 2) or the DIA Handle using the 3,5mm connector.
2023-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules