DJI OM4 NEW FEATURES REQUEST!
603 6 2020-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jojax
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone, I just got my DJI OM4 a few days ago and have been testing out some of the features. I was most excited about being able to use active track to film myself using gesture control, but felt as if the feature could use some improvements. The tracking works great, but almost TOO great. When doing exercises that involve a lot of jumping (such as jump rope or box jumps) the active track tries way too hard to tilt up and down to keep my shoulders centered. The results keep me centered in the frame, but you can see a continual "bounce" of the gimbal with the jumping motion. My suggestion would be to have an option to tilt lock the active track, or even be able to have different active track modes. This way, the tracking will keep the subject center frame laterally, but keep the same tilt level throughout the whole clip. I know the hardware is capable because the tilt locked gimbal mode works amazing, but it's just not something I can use if I'm filming myself. As a solo content creator, this could be such a game changing tool if the active track were a tad more customizable. Hope someone from DJI can make this happen!
PS:  If anyone is wondering, the active track works great, but just looks a little unnatural if you're filming something with a lot of jumping. Also, if you are too close too the camera, and move too quick, it seems to lose tracking (to be expected). However, I will continue to experiment with different distances and heights to set my gimbal to see if the active track turns out a bit more natural. My suspiscion is that if I put the camera above head height, the shift of the shoulders from a jump won't be as drastic, but filming from that high isn't always ideal/convinient...

2020-12-6
Use props
Jojax
lvl.1
United States

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about. Activated using gesture control and unedited/uncut.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZqypyXxMD8H9C_wLrOLF2e33rcfdXZMO?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RbBTI-ttYyUXIm7MzUOxaA1Jkri3MByV/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WzBO8b5p5KJqH0Mg_iZpP3wNXasXPFQ1/view?usp=sharing

2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jojax. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information you have shared with us. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good suggestion!
2020-12-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 suggestion
2020-12-7
Use props
Jojax
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-6 20:31
Hello there Jojax. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information you have shared with us. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.

Thank you. Really hoping you guys consider it! I've seen a few other forum posts with similar requests in the past, but hopefully this is something that will be doable!
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jojax Posted at 12-7 09:55
Thank you. Really hoping you guys consider it! I've seen a few other forum posts with similar requests in the past, but hopefully this is something that will be doable!

Hi there Jojax. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries, suggestions or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. .
2020-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules